You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think the thread should end on Voronin and Meijer being cult figures on here and the likes of Gerrard lambasted at every turn by some people!

Well you got that bit right. You and Mr Nick should feel free to dig it up again come the home leg. Next up, Steve Guppy. Now there was a winger.

He beat his defenders plenty and either got a cross in or was fouled, and besides he kept 3 Liverpool defenders/midfielders busy covering him and thereby freeing up space for others.... Isn't that what everyones favourite pet on this forum, Mr "Crouch" does so well...?

Just a question, have you ever seen Finnan play so shitty for Liverpool since he came here? No, not against Ronaldo, Robben or any of those other wingers in the Premiership... Fact

And as far as international caps is concerned, we all know how shitty Carra is, that's why he has so few caps I guess...? Who the fuck cares about the number of international caps anyway, it's not like international games does anything to get in the way of Liverpool's objectives anyway...

Jesus Christ, give the guy a break, he is only 24 and have been competing to play for a national team full of wingers such as Figo, Rui Cost, Simao and Ronaldo..

As for actually performing for the national team here you see him right after he came on against Poland last week when he created a goal for Ronaldo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7a_LiJQeSs&mode=related&search=

If he is overpriced at 20£ million, which he might be, then Babel is way overpriced at 12£... So much for Rafa never paying over the odds...

We have needed a class winger for a long time and we are still desperately in need of one, hopefully Rafa will have seen enough to realise that Quaresma is the winger he craves.....

Look you are actually refuting your own argument. But let's start by leaving Crouch out of it as it bears no relevance to your argument. If he was so good that he tied up 3 of our players to create space for others how come the only goal they scored came from a penalty which was from a route 1 pass?

You ask me to cut him slack 'cos he's only 24 and then say Babel was overpriced at 10M, Babel is 20.

I actually thought he might not be a bad buy for us but yourself, Red Nick and Rashid -in my opinion- bang on about how we should have bought him and Rafa has fucked up in the transfer market which is patently not the case. I did not see a player worth 20 bar last night but I did see a player who could do a job for us ( if he loses that diving shite habit) at a better price.

Can't see youtube at work, matey.

Talent is all that matters to me., give me Romario over Meijer every time.

Well obviously if there's such a gulf in class, but it's never such a straightforward choice, is it? There is a balance that can be achieved, and if talent is the only thing that matters, then you must lead a very shallow existance.

You old romantic you!

To be fair the lad played well to an extent, constant pain in the arse doing what defenders hate, running at them. Always thought he was the show-pony type and I was partly proved right. However it was him that stopped us winning when he intercepted Gerrard's through ball to Kuyt. I would never have considered him the tracking back type.

But hey I hate him just for the amount Tyldsley was wanking off over him :drool:

As an attacking midfielder he used to drift right and left creating where you normally would need wingers.... Don't be difficult!

Also I forgot Nani on my previous list..

But really why do people care about the national teams, one should much rather look at what players do for their league teams, as that shows whether they produce week in and week out or not..

\

You cannot just look at what a guy does for his team in the league. If for example you look at the French league and to some extent the Dutch league you can see right away that a judgement based on that criteria leads to purchases such as ............ ( fill in the blanks). I would assume it would be a mixture of local , European and National games. You ask why place importance on international caps perhaps when a guy is touted as the best thing since sliced bread we need to guage whether somebody like Big Phil shares the same view too??

At this club talent should just be the starting point. What about character, workrate, desire? Remember when the 94 Barca team (Romario, Stoitchkov etc) full of some of the most talented players of its generation came up against another talented team that combined talent with character, workrate and organisation - Barca nil - Milan 4.

Talent is never all that matters otherwise Brazil would win pretty much every world cup.

PS - this isn't an anti Quaresma post as I would have loved us to have signed him. Also on the matter of judging him against us I have seen Ronaldinho, Kaka, Messi etc etc have much less effective games against us than Quaresma had last night but I still wouldn't mind having them in our line up!

The only good thing that came out of last night's game, for me, was the fact that we can finally put to bed any notion that Quaresma would have been a good signing for us, once and for all.

File under Arjen. A nasty piece of work; could a true RED ever be PROUD of having him representnig our famous club?

\

You cannot just look at what a guy does for his team in the league. If for example you look at the French league and to some extent the Dutch league you can see right away that a judgement based on that criteria leads to purchases such as ............ ( fill in the blanks). I would assume it would be a mixture of local , European and National games. You ask why place importance on international caps perhaps when a guy is touted as the best thing since sliced bread we need to guage whether somebody like Big Phil shares the same view too??

He has a great game against Chelsea last year in the CL...... Good enough for you?

At this club talent should just be the starting point. What about character, workrate, desire? Remember when the 94 Barca team (Romario, Stoitchkov etc) full of some of the most talented players of its generation came up against another talented team that combined talent with character, workrate and organisation - Barca nil - Milan 4.

Talent is never all that matters otherwise Brazil would win pretty much every world cup.

PS - this isn't an anti Quaresma post as I would have loved us to have signed him. Also on the matter of judging him against us I have seen Ronaldinho, Kaka, Messi etc etc have much less effective games against us than Quaresma had last night but I still wouldn't mind having them in our line up![/QUOTE]

True!!

Besides I am sure Gerrard would not wanted by anyone if only based on yesterdays performance....

The only good thing that came out of last night's game, for me, was the fact that we can finally put to bed any notion that Quaresma would have been a good signing for us, once and for all.

File under Arjen. A nasty piece of work; could a true RED ever be PROUD of having him representnig our famous club?

Ahh come on, the biggest CUNT on the pitch yesterday was Pennant! And he represents our famous club...

And I have actually started to like him as a player(not his personnality), even though he was shit yesterday and against Pompey...

I would love Quaresma to play for Liverpool and don't think for one second you are any more of a fan than me and a lot of others on here....

Quaresma is a good talent, sure he dives or "goes down easily", tries to maximise every advantage for his inferior side but his crossing, invention and wing play is top class in my book, you'd be hard pressed to find better actually

as for the Redexile's comments about his performance in the domestic portugese league, I agree but the guy has had good games against us, Chelsea and Arsenal so I wouldn't be so worried

As an attacking midfielder he used to drift right and left creating where you normally would need wingers.... Don't be difficult!

If by 'difficult' you mean pulling you up when trying to usse Rash-like 'fact' to try and prove a point then yes I'm being difficult.

The alternative is to just agree with you and maybe throw in a few extra names like Petite, Costinha, Maniche an Joao Pinto to beef up your argument.

If by 'difficult' you mean pulling you up when trying to usse Rash-like 'fact' to try and prove a point then yes I'm being difficult.

The alternative is to just agree with you and maybe throw in a few extra names like Petite, Costinha, Maniche an Joao Pinto to beef up your argument.

Shut the fuck up Cardie, and answer me this. Would Quaresma improve pour team in your opinion? And does playing shite against us make a player shite? Although I thought Quaresma did well last night.