You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RTK Area – Information for Season Ticket and Fan Card Holders

RTK

I just thought I would try and add a bit of perspective to this thread and respond to the criticism yet again.

"RTK Area" - it was emphasised on the post to ensure that people wanting to buy tickets in this area did not miss the point. This is what the club have asked for it to be named, for ticketing purposes only.

A way for them to identify who wants to sit up there when allocating tickets to applicants.

As far as RTK are concerned - it is blocks 304, 305 and 306 - the section has no name.

This is not meant to be a singing area as such, with all those not singing pelted with rotten tomatos, but more of a chance for those that want to sing and have banters with their mates to do so.

What made the old Kop special? Being able to stand next to whoever you wanted to. Mix with your mates, and all those that wanted to sing would gather together in the middle of the Kop. This is the closest thing we can get to that in the current climate.

Allowing mates to move their Season Tickets together, which in turn makes it more likely that they will sing. There are 100's of lads around the ground sat on their own, some in the Kemlyn, some in the Main Stand, that love nothing more than getting behind the side, but because of where they are and who they are sat with, they just don't do it. If they want to move with mates and support the side vocally, now is their chance to do it.

Nobody is being forced to sing, nobody is being forced to move.

And for those fan without Season Tickets - if they want to be surrounded by people they know will join in with songs, and be of a similar mindset, then they know where to apply for. The option is there.

RTK

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought I would try and add a bit of perspective to this thread and respond to the criticism yet again.

"RTK Area" - it was emphasised on the post to ensure that people wanting to buy tickets in this area did not miss the point. This is what the club have asked for it to be named, for ticketing purposes only.

A way for them to identify who wants to sit up there when allocating tickets to applicants.

As far as RTK are concerned - it is blocks 304, 305 and 306 - the section has no name.

This is not meant to be a singing area as such, with all those not singing pelted with rotten tomatos, but more of a chance for those that want to sing and have banters with their mates to do so.

What made the old Kop special? Being able to stand next to whoever you wanted to. Mix with your mates, and all those that wanted to sing would gather together in the middle of the Kop. This is the closest thing we can get to that in the current climate.

Allowing mates to move their Season Tickets together, which in turn makes it more likely that they will sing. There are 100's of lads around the ground sat on their own, some in the Kemlyn, some in the Main Stand, that love nothing more than getting behind the side, but because of where they are and who they are sat with, they just don't do it. If they want to move with mates and support the side vocally, now is their chance to do it.

And for those fan without Season Tickets - if they want to be surrounded by people they know will join in with songs, and be of a similar mindset, then they know where to apply for. The option is there.

RTK

Very well put Mr RTK.

RTK

I for one think it's a brilliant idea. It should have been done a long time ago and whoever has organised it deserves a pat on the back. I, as a fan card holder and not a season ticket holder, especially like the fact that I've got a chance to sit in this area as well.

Whats happens to the people who used to sit in that area? Large parts of that area was the family section. Is it the case of 'you can stay put but you will have to stand and sing for the whole 90 mins' or else, 'you must move to another part of the ground'?

Also, will the stewards allow people to stand in these blocks because people rarely sing when they are sitting down?

there you go again with your its the only way shite it isnt

i can tell you how you can improve the fucking kop without RTK

and that is make it pay at the gate no season tickets

doors open 3 hours before kick off

Price £20

There you go problem solved fill it with lads who will stand there well before it opens like the days gone by none of this shit lets have another pint and walk in to me seat at 5to3

also limit away fans to the minimum unless they can take up the full allocation

This is what I said all along. It used to be ace in there for a couple of hours before the match, singing your head off. Scares the shit out of the opposition as well. The the real singers can naturally migrate to the middle like they used to and those who want to be on the Kop, but not sing that much can be around the edges.

This is what I said all along. It used to be ace in there for a couple of hours before the match, singing your head off. Scares the shit out of the opposition as well. The the real singers can naturally migrate to the middle like they used to and those who want to be on the Kop, but not sing that much can be around the edges.

Realistically that's not going to happen though. This is a good solution to a situation that needs addressing. We can look at other ways to improve the atmosphere when we move to the new ground and start from scratch.

OK....how about:

"Singing Section"

"Kop Choir"

But, no, this is "not a singing section as such" Then what the hell was the point to it in the first place?

Great, now we have an unelected set of supporters owning a piece of the Kop. What's next, white lettering on the seats? The name of the new stadium?

Someone in this thread mentioned uniforms; yeah Stalin uniforms. Again, a seemingly great idea has been soured by the egotistical nature of this group.

I agree. Its ridiculous that a self appoinmted group of "super fans" can have such an influence over the club and can get their own areas in the ground AND name it after themselves.

I take it non of you bothered to read this bit from the post made earlier:

RTK Area" - it was emphasised on the post to ensure that people wanting to buy tickets in this area did not miss the point. This is what the club have asked for it to be named, for ticketing purposes only.

If you have a better idea and a better way of improving the atmosphere then feel free to contact the club with your thoughts, or start your own fan movement.

Suppose it's a lot easier to have a cyber moan than actually do something.

Realistically that's not going to happen though. This is a good solution to a situation that needs addressing. We can look at other ways to improve the atmosphere when we move to the new ground and start from scratch.

I agree entirely. I don't have the same fears as others on this thread. It would be nice to be able to go to a match on the day and get in.

I agree. Its ridiculous that a self appoinmted group of "super fans" can have such an influence over the club and can get their own areas in the ground AND name it after themselves.

But it has to be called something? People are getting too wound up by the RTK label, and forgetting the principle behind these initiatives. Its just a name ffs.

And I think this is an excellent idea, provided the ticket office can cope with the extra admin :whistle:

An update on questions being asked for those that have already renewed their Season Tickets but wish to move, and for fans buying tickets via methods other than postal applications:

RTK have spoken to the club and the following information can be passed on:

Season Ticket Holders:

People who have already renewed their Season Tickets, but wish to move to the RTK Area, please write to the Ticket Office address, clearly marking the envelope "RTK AREA".

Also enclose a letter requesting to move to the RTK Area. Include your current details (name, address and fancard number) if you have already renewed and enclose your current fancards so they can be replaced.

Also request a refund if you have renewed for £650 in another part of the ground. £50 will be refunded to you.

If you have a group of friends, some have renewed and some haven't, then staple together the forms as per a normal application detailed in the initial post, enclosing fancards and payment. Then enclose an accompanying letter with the details of those that have already renewed (fancard number, name, address). The Ticket Office will then re-issue that Season Ticket for the RTK Area with the rest of the batch in that application.

It is vitally important to do this NOW, as the longer you leave it the less chance the Ticket Office will have in making these changes. If you have already renewed and want to move, apply NOW.

Fan Card Holders:

Postal applications have already been explained in the intial post.

There WILL be tickets available via telephone bookings. Just request RTK Area when ringing to order.

There WILL be tickets available in this section through the PTS scheme.

Online sales were not discussed specifially. We're assuming RTK Area tickets can be bought this way, but it will be discussed in detail at the next meeting. So at the moment, we can presume they will only be available via the 3 sources stated above - post, mail and telephone.

Phase One was to organise the re-location of Season Tickets into this section. Phase Two involves the distribution of match day tickets for the section, which is why the details are not yet finalised.

I hope this helps.

RTK

i do go along with the idea, but for me i would have to give up a fucking ace seat to move to the back of the kop just to be able to sing along a bit more. it isnt the incentive i need. I want to sing more at every single game, and i'm just gonna hope that this works and that the singing spreads, cus i'm not gonna give up my seat until its grabbed from my cold dead hands.*

*or we move, obviously.

The one thing in the back of my mind though is that these people who do move to the RTK terrace, will be rewarded when we move grounds, and get the best seats in the new kop. And i dont want to miss out on that.

RTK

Chris, please read highlighted, bold and underlined......

Then shut the fuck up. You say you've read it so you're either purposely misinterpreting it, or you're just being a prick. Just as a matter of interest, which one is it?

I bet the club were like "Yeah how about the RTK Area?" and RTK were like "Yeah, that's a hella cool idea"

And shut the fuck up yourself. In a democracy, we're allowed to ask pertinent questions of those in power. Mind you...

So he's a liar then???

And I can't imagine any scouser saying 'that's a hellova cool idea'

Pertinent questions yes, pedantic, arguementative ones NO.

Right, ok then, so being argumentative is off the agenda too now? Jesus, we're sliding further towards totalitarianism as we speak.

I didn't mention the word liar, you did.

Don't start playing with words with me you soft cunt.

I highlighted the part where it said the club suggested the name of the designated area and you came back with...

'I bet the club were like "Yeah how about the RTK Area?" and RTK were like "Yeah, that's a hella cool idea"' so you basically questioned his version of events, or to put it another way CALLED HIM A LIAR.

The C word is so unpleasant, you RTK types like to use it a lot when confronting people who dare you question you. That Mackin, callled me a cunt the other week too.

Personally, I'd rather be called a cunt than a liar.

Also, for your information, I have no dealings with, or affiliation to R.T.K. So your 'you RTK types' comment is wide of the mark.

P.S. If you've been called a cunt by two different people in the space of a couple of weeks, chances are, you're a cunt.

And I think it's a beautiful word. CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT ...... come on Chris join me CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT... great isn't it.:thumbup:

Looking forward to the Super-Duper RTK-elitist part of the Kop really lifting the roof on the wet november wednesday kick-offs. I know it probably started off as a good thing, however so did the pigs in animal farm.

It won't but at least it should improve the atmosphere in the league, to the morgue that its become. Its got worse season by season.

Can't be arsed trwaling through all this, but if it's essentially lads who want to all sing throughout the match wanting to sit together, I don't see what the problem is.

As long as it doesn't mean we ONLY get singing from one section.

If it makes the atmosphere better then that's good isn't it?

Anyway, some of the RTK shite has been very amusing, esp the "crap banner" one, and let's face it something HAD to be said when horrible Soccer AM-style mong-chants started to creep into Anfield.

Reminds me of that scene in Bottom live 3 where Eddie is like: Can we say cunt this year?

Richie: Very much not.

Eddie: Right you are, Cuuuuuuuuuuuunt.

Richie: Oh anarchy.

Fair enough then, RTK apologists not RTK types. I don't think there is any harm in pedantic or argumentative critisism of this group, it keeps them on their toes and is a healthy counter balance to what remains an unelected group now dictating the agenda on a whole lot of levels for how we follow our football club.

I'm the Michael Moore of TLW; sticking it to the man and taking the fight to the right wing authoritarians who call everyone who disagrees with them "a cunt."

You scruffy, fat fuck.

make it pay at the gate no season tickets

doors open 3 hours before kick off

Price £20

There you go problem solved fill it with lads who will stand there well before it opens like the days gone by none of this shit lets have another pint and walk in to me seat at 5to3

I like this idea