You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drogba

Hermes

Both Drobga and Essien, who are cunts of the highest order, are really showing their true quality. Essien in particular, who was rubbish for Chelsea last season, is really shining. Drogba demonstrated at Anfield last season that he had the potential to be awesome so I'm not suprised that he's doing well, but Essien is really surprising me. He's a top class midfielder. Pity he, like Drogba, is such a detestable fucker.

I think Essien is a great midfielder. He is ahead of Sissoko for me, but Momo is younger. I think it's a shame that Houllier bought a few duds, becasue when the time came to buy Essien the board didn't really want to take another gamble (if memory serves me right he could have been ours for £6M). I suppose the writing was on the wall at that time.

I dont see the big thing about Essien. Makelele does all the defensive work, Fat frank does all the lucky lazy deflected stuff up front. Ballack fannys about between the two. Essien is the spare man and can look good because he has no real responsibility. He still doesnt create/score enough with all that space and lack of responsility. The media has built him up now and sadly people are believing it.

At least he doesnt blow his own trumpet . . . oh hang on

FROM SKY

Chelsea's Didier Drogba insists he should be voted England's Player of the Year.

The Ivorian ace has sparkled this term and has bagged 17 goals so far for the Premiership champions.

"The voting is not down to me," he said.

"But if I don't win the prize of best player in the Premiership it will be a great let down.

"This is not vanity but reality. I believe that, today, I am the best in the league.

"I am enjoying the best moments I have ever known in all my life. It is curious, but nearly everything is positive for me. It is wonderful.

"The number one in world football? I do not say that, but it is possible."

After scoring the winner in their Carling Cup triumph over Newcastle, Drogba insists Chelsea want to win all four trophies on offer to them this season.

"I warn you: Chelsea look to win all the competitions. We want to sign up for a big piece of history in English football," he told the News of the World.

"Chelsea is the best club in the world and I am only a piece of the team. I believe that no player is indispensable.

"And after my goals at Everton and Newcastle I don't wish to appear like the saviour of Chelsea.

"We are a team and all the players works for the victory. I am a striker and perhaps because of this I am more often in the newspapers.

"The race for the title is only between Manchester United and us.

"And before long The Blues will take over the leadership of the Premiership and United will be finished. At Old Trafford we demonstrated that they are not a force like us.

"The matches this Christmas will be decisive but talk of failure for us is prohibited. The team is very concentrated and united. This is the reason for our big success."

At least he doesnt blow his own trumpet . . . oh hang on

FROM SKY

Chelsea's Didier Drogba insists he should be voted England's Player of the Year.

The Ivorian ace has sparkled this term and has bagged 17 goals so far for the Premiership champions.

"The voting is not down to me," he said.

"But if I don't win the prize of best player in the Premiership it will be a great let down.

"This is not vanity but reality. I believe that, today, I am the best in the league.

"I am enjoying the best moments I have ever known in all my life. It is curious, but nearly everything is positive for me. It is wonderful.

"The number one in world football? I do not say that, but it is possible."

After scoring the winner in their Carling Cup triumph over Newcastle, Drogba insists Chelsea want to win all four trophies on offer to them this season.

"I warn you: Chelsea look to win all the competitions. We want to sign up for a big piece of history in English football," he told the News of the World.

"Chelsea is the best club in the world and I am only a piece of the team. I believe that no player is indispensable.

"And after my goals at Everton and Newcastle I don't wish to appear like the saviour of Chelsea.

"We are a team and all the players works for the victory. I am a striker and perhaps because of this I am more often in the newspapers.

"The race for the title is only between Manchester United and us.

"And before long The Blues will take over the leadership of the Premiership and United will be finished. At Old Trafford we demonstrated that they are not a force like us.

"The matches this Christmas will be decisive but talk of failure for us is prohibited. The team is very concentrated and united. This is the reason for our big success."

Ha, ha, ha!!! What an absolute whopper.

Thats the diff between liverpool and the rest.

The top 3 teams have prize divers. Chelsea have a whole team of them. Mancs have Ronny and the arse are all primed to dive. Got another iffy pen yesterday that set them on the way.

Who can you honestly say is an out and out diver like the ones above....