You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What could have been...

CWD82

don't think he's that good to be honest. especially not 14 million quids worth.

looks a bit lightweight for our league.

Looks the real deal to me. I think he'd adjust anywhere, and there's no way he'll be available that cheaply again for the forseeable future.

That ship's sailed.

Is the deal dead? I know he's signed a new contract, but that doesn't mean he won't still be available next summer if the price is right.

I assume the asking price will be £12-15m. I'd love to see us sign him as he looks absolute class, but if we miss out on him then for that money I reckon we could sign Lennon, who would improve the side just as much.

tottenham wouldnt sell and you should treble your 12 million for an english player, espcially one being touted as a possible regular england player for the future

I'd like to see what happens if they don't qualify for the CL and we wave £15m in front of their noses. It would definitely test their resolve.

Obviously, but in that case I'd hope that Lennon would look at what happened to Wright-Phillips. Players have a say in where they end up as well as clubs.

the big fat wad to be earned isn't going to sway them is it. look at ashley cole, threw his toys out of the pram for a measly 5k a week extra

the big fat wad to be earned isn't going to sway them is it. look at ashley cole, threw his toys out of the pram for a measly 5k a week extra

Not all footballers are like Ashley Cole fortunately.

It all depends which idea is planted in a player's head first - playing regular football with a club challenging for the title and the CL, or earning top dollar. Once a player has warmed to one idea, then it's harder for the other to overcome it when another club comes in. This applies to any top player that we might compete with Chelsea for, not just Lennon.

The only trouble is going to Chelsea you know they are going to be challenging for all the major honours until Roman gets bored.

The only negative thing that can happen is in such cases as SWP where they already have enough players for that position and are just purely stopping a rival getting stronger.