You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football Manager 2007

Stu Monty

How do you sign a player and loan him out for a WP? Mine just get cancelled automatically.

You have to have the right affiliated teams, try to set up a feeder team in Belgium or Poland as they have the shortest time to obtain permits.

If you're buying youngsters to send on loan then they have to be 17 and have a full time contract.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume the finances at Liverpool improve then.

Got to November and without signing or selling anyone I was losing on average 2 million a month. That trick for renegoiating contracts doesn't work in 07 either.

Started games as Inter, Juve, Roma, Valencia, Lyon, Barcelona, Liverpool, Newcastle, Betis, Marsielle, and Ajax so far and not finished a season in any of them. In the middle of a FM block where no team catches your imagination and you can't get into any of the games you start.

I assume the finances at Liverpool improve then.

Got to November and without signing or selling anyone I was losing on average 2 million a month. That trick for renegoiating contracts doesn't work in 07 either.

Started games as Inter, Juve, Roma, Valencia, Lyon, Barcelona, Liverpool, Newcastle, Betis, Marsielle, and Ajax so far and not finished a season in any of them. In the middle of a FM block where no team catches your imagination and you can't get into any of the games you start.

Losing 2m a month? Hmmm I lost in my first season an average of about 130k a month.

Losing 2m a month? Hmmm I lost in my first season an average of about 130k a month.

Once the season is over I imagine it does even out once you factor in progression through the groups and knockouts of the CL and cup runs.

I only got as far as November before I felt like a change and started a new game.

I usually go hard tackling and just discipline straight reds and they usually die down eventually.

I do the same except I go normal tackling. Momo had three reds (two of them straight red) almost in a row at the start of the season. First, I warned him and then I fined him twice. Since then I haven't had a single red until the CL final when Crouch got send off for his second booking. However, it wasn't his fault because the ref was shite handing out 15 yellows in the game... ;)

Had some fun with AS Roma in the quarters or semis. In their home game they lost one player due to a red and in the 2nd leg they had 3 guys sent off in the first half. Two of them for pushing someone in the chest... :D

Once the season is over I imagine it does even out once you factor in progression through the groups and knockouts of the CL and cup runs.

I only got as far as November before I felt like a change and started a new game.

I made a 40m profit in the season when everything was divvied up, then spunked it on aguero et al

I aint been the reds yet (I started with Juve and I'm still there, 2nd in Serie A after two seasons) but on my game most clubs are after Lindfield, Anderson and the new Morrocan lad...

Anderson first choice for me as i sold gerrard and he is pretty good along with hobbs but paletta and gonzalez are the stars .

Just gone into season 2 and Paletta is close to pushing out Carra.

I sold Gerrard for £40m and have had a cracking shopping spree. Got Navas on my right wing who is boss.

Fuckin gutted, after a briliant 3 years as partners my assistant Sammy Lee has fucked off to Cardiff....

Finding the right assistant is hard as there are hardly any good english ones....

• 4 weeks later...
I think we need to start divulging tips on tactics and training that we have used that work. Screen prints of formations might be handy too if you've found something that works.

Have a great formation. Pretty attacking and good wingers are required but its a winning formation.

I go with 3-4-3 at all home matches, works very well. Klose scored 20 in 15 matches so far. Good times.

Second season in with the mighty reds, have changed the squad quite dramatically. First season 7th with no silverware but started my second season with a 26 game unbeaten streak only losing two and I'v just won the league cup. Klose has scored 23 in 27 apearences, hes quality, I have torres aswell hes 15 in 30 so am a bit disapointed with the 40M purchase. A few good tactical tips I can give yeh are

:always have two arrows coming back from your CB's so they play deep.

:If the opposing team are not playing AM or CM with attacking lines make sure you FB's are set to frequent forward runs.

:Use a target man, make sure you set him to near post flick ons, he will score a few from it.

:Try and use MC or AMC with good finishing and dribbling, this way they will chip in with a good few goals, if your midfield has shit stats for long shots set them to rarely, this will avoid wasting chances.

DM: need good workrate and dribbling

Antwi, Palletta, Anderson, linfield, hobbs are all Playing regular for other Prem teams now on my gane so If you havent got rid it might be worth keepin hold of them. Oh an theres a really good young striker called qvist, cant remember his first name but he will score loads for anyone, and hes dirt cheap. Dont know how much help any of this will be but thought id share anyway.

I cannot recommend getting Bojan enough. I paid 1.5m for him and he's worth 24m now and cant stop scoring.

Hes just not interested in a move to the Prem, Barca will except 5 mil but its just not happenin. A few other quality players iv got are Van den Borre, Ratinho, Marcelo, S Aguero, Tuncay, Kompany. There varying degrees of value from cheap to quite pricey but I can guarantee they will perform in any team.