You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Speedy!!!!!

RobC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What an incredible debut!

To be fair, there were three great debut performances. Pennant was crossing balls in all the time and showed a couple of nice touches to avoid a tackle or two as well. Bellamy almost pushed Gerrard out of the way to say "that's mine" and finished very well.

And finally, given 6 minutes to go and try get something, the lad we've waited for so long, showed he was well worth waiting for. Just a couple of touches before calling for a ball from Xabi, who duly delivered. There was still a bit of work to do, but he composed himself and took his chance brilliantly.

And while it wasn't his debut, Momo was immense tonight. He almost wrapped it up with a goal at the end, but was prevented by a deflection.

We've so much to look forward to this season.

Gonzalez looks like he has a lot of potential but saying he had an incredible debut is stretching it, he played 9 mins, had one cross, scored one chance and it's far too early to be giving the lad such glowing plaudits.

Maybe the differnce is how you chosse to use the words, but of course it's great to do those things in 9 minutes coming on as a sub.

Guest barnes-in-rio
Where's that kid who was sayin Speedy dosn't look that good and all that bollocks?!

he sleeps early and missed speedy's goal.fill him in later wont we??

8)

I think it will do his confidence wonders.

It was only 9 mins but you cant ask for much more. He had the hand up for the pass and when it came, it did not fall well but it ended up were we all wanted it to, in the back of the net.

Pennant had a very good debut more of them and I will be well won over.

What an incredible debut!

To be fair' date=' there were three great debut performances. Pennant was crossing balls in all the time and showed a couple of nice touches to avoid a tackle or two as well. Bellamy almost pushed Gerrard out of the way to say "that's mine" and finished very well.

And finally, given 6 minutes to go and try get something, the lad we've waited for so long, showed he was well worth waiting for. [b']Just a couple of touches before calling for a ball from Xabi, who duly delivered.[/b] There was still a bit of work to do, but he composed himself and took his chance brilliantly.

And while it wasn't his debut, Momo was immense tonight. He almost wrapped it up with a goal at the end, but was prevented by a deflection.

We've so much to look forward to this season.

Yep he did deliver as he normally does in that instancem but not one of Xabi's better performances by far passing wise.. went into a few good tackles though.

I've just walked through the door and as for so much to look forward to are you having a laugh.That was a piss poor display.

The manager has to realise that Gerrard is either wide right or centre mid.He fucked up with him tonight.As for Crouch on for Bellamy what was that about.Risse looks his usual shite and Steve Finnan was all over the place .

But then again some people think there is a lot to look forward too.Get your head out of your arses that was shite tonight.

Risse was awfull tonight, and I think Rafa did get it wrong with Steven up front. But the team we played against tonight are not as bad as everyone makes out, ok we are Liverpool and we should absoluty bladder these type of teams eveywhere but I think credit needs to go to them. (apart from that cheating number 7 twat)