You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gimme some music reccomendations!

Karl_b

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking the 4th of July too, but much of that album is inseperable in its genius.

Foo Fighters - Colour and the Shape, is a cracker.

Rancid - 'And out come the wolves' is a quality album, brilliant Punk pop, catchiest tunes ever but real punk behind it, none of this offspring shite.

Sir you have the taste of Hugh Hefner. Rancids 95 opus is a classic album. So it sounds like the Clash. It's fucking awesome.

Foo's 2nd album is by far their most consistent. My Hero - that song in the movie Varsity Blues makes my flaccid cock go rock hard.

Sir you have the taste of Hugh Hefner. Rancids 95 opus is a classic album. So it sounds like the Clash. It's fucking awesome.

Foo's 2nd album is by far their most consistent. My Hero - that song in the movie Varsity Blues makes my flaccid cock go rock hard.

Also my mate is in a band called Tear Stay Tits (say it in a Scottish accent). They're shite but the backing singer, Danielle, has a ringpiece that tastes of sweet Montana honey and an arse like little Jimmy Krankie.

Hendrix's Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, Electric Ladyland and First Rays of the New Rising Sun are all sound. Try the Band of Gypsy's concert as well as it's one of the finest concerts I've heard. The Blues one is also worth a listen. Superunknown and Badmotorfinger are the best I've listened to by Soundgarden and Beck's Odelay is the pick of the bunch from what he's done. Jeff Buckley depresses the shit out of me, but Grace isn't a bad LP.

Guest molbyscorchio

some great choices on here, as well as the 'you had to be 16 when it came out to get it' stuff which is frankly average old shite that has some emotional significance to some of you :) This years recommended platters include (and apologies if these are all a bit old hat for you)

Raconteurs (Jack White's alter-band) can't remember the album title, but they've only released one.

Alicia Keys unplugged (might have been the end of last year)

Corinne Bailey Rae / Lily Allen (both a bit MOR, but LA is a bit of a cheeky chappess)

Divine Comedy - Victory for the Comic Muse

Frank Black - Fast Man Raider Man (patchy, but some gems)

Fratellis - Costello Music (as good the the hype suggests)

Guillemots - Through The Windowpane

Isobel Langan & Mark Lanegan - Ballad of the broken seas

James Morrison - Undiscovered (less annoying and funkier James Blunt)

Jenny Lewis with Watson Twins - Rabbit Furcoat (they can all sing!)

Nerina Pellot - Fires

Regina Spektor - Begin to Hope (current fave)

Rufus Wainwright - want one/want two

Scritti Politti - White Bread, Black Beer (actually surprisingly good after all these years

Hendrix's Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, Electric Ladyland and First Rays of the New Rising Sun are all sound. Try the Band of Gypsy's concert as well as it's one of the finest concerts I've heard. The Blues one is also worth a listen. Superunknown and Badmotorfinger are the best I've listened to by Soundgarden and Beck's Odelay is the pick of the bunch from what he's done. Jeff Buckley depresses the shit out of me, but Grace isn't a bad LP.

WORD!

The first album was ace and the new one is heading my way very soon. Apparently the track Me and Mr Jones is going to upset Kelis as it's about her lustful fantasies about shagging Nas. I knew she was a fan from the sample of Made You Look on In My Bed, but it's obviously more than his beats she admires.

That Rehab was apparently produced by Mark Ronson; the boy did a good job.

Dr Who Dat? I know fuck all about it as it's on loan off a mate, but it's fucking ace. Madly distorted instrumental hip hop with loads of obscure, yet memorable samples of jazz and soul records. Sounds right up its own arse, but it's not; it's fucking ace.

Q and not U - Collect the diamonds

http://download.yousendit.com/266D76437DE4C593

Q and not U - L.A.X

http://download.yousendit.com/12E6B373014473E1

Just a taster, you'll find that the rest of the album is very funk/postpunkish. These two tracks are the standouts imo.

Good luck selling Q & Not U to a board full of Doves fans!

Q and not U - Collect the diamonds

http://download.yousendit.com/266D76437DE4C593

Q and not U - L.A.X

http://download.yousendit.com/12E6B373014473E1

Just a taster, you'll find that the rest of the album is very funk/postpunkish. These two tracks are the standouts imo.

There's enough in those two tracks to hook me enough to want to hear a bit more from the band. It was definitely a chin stroking "Hmmm interesting" moment.

Listened to a bit of Regina Spektor today after the recommendation and although she was decent I'm not sure she's that great.

One I'm currently listening to is Amy Winehouse's - Rehab A. It's fucking ace, produced like an old Motown tune and I defy anyone not to like it. If you don't have a listen you are a mug and deserve a slow and painful death.

Just had a watch of that - never listened to her before - seen her massive head in the papers from time to time.

Its a good song - her voice has got a touch of Lauren Hill about it.

Something very odd about that voice coming out of that woman though - doesn't look right.

I'd heartily recommend you download this compilation not least because I put it there and its good.

Was trying to widen the sister in laws taste in music, but I am sure there will be 1 or 2 tracks new to some.

And finally - as mad as it sounds, and as much as it shouldn't be, Juliette (Lewis - dodgy actress) and the Licks album is very good. Been out a while but only recent discovered it. She has a new one in October also. (1 of the songs is on the download)

• 2 weeks later...
I thought you were saying this was shite? And it's been posted earlier on in the thread too I think.

Basically what I'm trying to say in a round about way is...are you on crack?

I love it, it was just everyone else on BBoo that hated it. I didn't read through the whole thread. So basically in fairly short I'm saying not at the present moment.