You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gimme some music reccomendations!

Karl_b

I've only listened to it the once so will give it more of a bash at some point.

Having never seen Bloc Party (also shoul dhave been quicker for the Apollo) I really want to see them and this seems a good opportunity so I'll definitely be trying to get tickets.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only listened to it the once so will give it more of a bash at some point.

Having never seen Bloc Party (also shoul dhave been quicker for the Apollo) I really want to see them and this seems a good opportunity so I'll definitely be trying to get tickets.

I saw them at a tiny venue called Night & Day cafe in Manchester when they first started out when Tom Vek was supporting them; it really was one of the greatest gigs ever. Soak up the Biffy Clyro stuff, you'll love it.

I saw them at a tiny venue called Night & Day cafe in Manchester when they first started out when Tom Vek was supporting them; it really was one of the greatest gigs ever. Soak up the Biffy Clyro stuff, you'll love it.

I love Night & Day, used to love playing there when living up north.

Sorry, as you were.

That puts you up with Owen in the 'massive-gig-going-bastard' stakes.

I love Night & Day, used to love playing there when living up north.

Sorry, as you were.

It would be impossible not to love it. Great gigs for about four quid, great atmosphere and and endless supply of cold bottled Budvar. One of the things I was most looking forward to when me and a mate were looking to start up a music promotion company was putting on my own nights like that.

It would be impossible not to love it. Great gigs for about four quid, great atmosphere and and endless supply of cold bottled Budvar. One of the things I was most looking forward to when me and a mate were looking to start up a music promotion company was putting on my own nights like that.

I’ll tell you what, in all the venues I’ve ever played in it gives out the best sound. Plus the sound engineer really knows what he’s doing, on stage it was the best mix I’ve ever heard coming from the drum monitors.

We keep meaning to do a show there for the good old days as we all miss going there.

Used to be nothing better than jumping on a short train ride and walk to Oldham street where we would stay in there for the day.

I must go back soon

Here is the new official video from Biffy for the single ""Living is a problem because everything dies": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsSqFMNAf2o

They've taken the minute off the start with the drums which is a shame, obviously makes it more tv and radio friendly though.

For anyone who is into Biffy or just likes the above tune they were in at Radio 1, with Colin Murray, this week and the section of the show they were on can be heard here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_aod.shtml?radio1/murray_biffy

Here is the new official video from Biffy for the single ""Living is a problem because everything dies": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsSqFMNAf2o

They've taken the minute off the start with the drums which is a shame, obviously makes it more tv and radio friendly though.

For anyone who is into Biffy or just likes the above tune they were in at Radio 1, with Colin Murray, this week and the section of the show they were on can be heard here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_aod.shtml?radio1/murray_biffy

Oooh, liking that. Sounds like they've moved back to the 'Vertigo...' sound, which is good.

Oooh, liking that. Sounds like they've moved back to the 'Vertigo...' sound, which is good.

Check out the other clip on youtube with the full version on it, there's a really unique minute at the start of the full version that rules. The link is on the previous page of this thread I think. Like I say earlier on I'm working back through their back catalogue and loving it; this album is going to be much bigger that the previous three.

I heard this last night on the Colin Murray show and thought it was fucking brilliant. Class tune with some very funny lyrics in there, even if you're not into the tune persevere with it for the lyrics:

"Thou shalt not judge a book by it's cover, thou shalt not judge Lethal Weapon by Danny Glover": class. Great Beardage too.

He also played a really good mash-up of the Caeser's 'Jerk it out' and Stevie Wonder's 'Uptight (Everything's alright)' but I can't find that anywhere.

What do you reckon to that first track then brothers?

Some downloads here.

Also, check out the Sex Patels. Germ Free Adolescent is rockin a Morcheeba-with-sitars vibe. Is it a cover? Once in a Lifetime deserves a place on the best covers thread.

Some downloads here.

Also, check out the Sex Patels. Germ Free Adolescent is rockin a Morcheeba-with-sitars vibe. Is it a cover? Once in a Lifetime deserves a place on the best covers thread.

Certainly is. It was a hit for X-ray spex in the late 70's. This weird clip is the best I could find.

Loving that Once in a Lifetime by the way.

Guest TK-421

Bought the new Dinasaur Jr LP today with the original line up - J Mascis, Lou Barlow and Murph. I haven't listened to it yet but would still recommend it.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Bought the new Dinasaur Jr LP today with the original line up - J Mascis, Lou Barlow and Murph. I haven't listened to it yet but would still recommend it.

Oooooh, lerrus know what its like mate.:thumbup:

Good, but not great. Two or three cracking songs I reckon.

Guest PaddyBerger15
dinosaur Jr are about the only grunge band that are utter utter shit turd.

Bit harsh that lad. Freak Scene, Just Like Heaven, Whatevers Cool With Me were all quality songs, and the first 2 albums were good. Green Mind wasnt that bad either.

Granted, I could name you 20 grunge/Seattle/garage/late80s early 90s stylee bands that were better, but Dinosaur Jr werent as bad as you're making out.