You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who Do You Want To Win The Champs League Now?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gazmo25

Put on another post that I would like to see Benfica win it, thought they put on a good show on and off the pitch tonight.

Failing that, if ever a team deserved to win a European Cup it is the current Barca team, god willing it will happen for them if Benfica can't win it.

Guest Gazmo25
Lyon, 100% Lyon. I want GH to ram the words of so many two-faced, fickle LFC fans right down their fucking throats and piss on their stinking corpses.

So are you saying Houllier should have stayed in charge? And why would LFC fans be fickle?

So are you saying Houllier should have stayed in charge? And why would LFC fans be fickle?

No, I think his time had come, but he didn't deserve the barrage of sickening abuse from so many arrogant Reds fans in the period up to and after his sacking. Hell, you can hardly mention Le Gaffer on here without someone belittling the man. I just want him to prove all those people wrong.

Lyon or Arsenal for me.Lyon for Ged and Arsenal because i've always had a soft spot for them,especially in the 90's when they were the only club able to match the scum.Their 2004 team was immense and Wenger is just such a great manager.It would also really piss off the chavs and the scum.

Also wouldn't mind AC,as they are just a great club.

Guest Gazmo25
No, I think his time had come, but he didn't deserve the barrage of sickening abuse from so many arrogant Reds fans in the period up to and after his sacking. Hell, you can hardly mention Le Gaffer on here without someone belittling the man. I just want him to prove all those people wrong.

I think people did get frustrated with him because he would never come out and say we played badly when we clearly did. I didn't like to get on his back but there were times during his last season (Portsmouth in the cup, Southampton at home, Charlton at home) when we were absoulutely attrocious yet he would come out and say we played well or what have you. I think some of his decisions that season were bizarre as well which didn't help him.

The thing is for him though, if Lyon do win the CL this year, it will always be remembered as Le Guen's team. It will be a crying shame for GH but Lyon have been knocking on the door CL wise for the last 3/4 years and he has been fortunate to take over a very good team who haven't been too far away in the CL plus are by far and away the best team in France.

I think people did get frustrated with him because he would never come out and say we played badly when we clearly did. I didn't like to get on his back but there were times during his last season (Portsmouth in the cup, Southampton at home, Charlton at home) when we were absoulutely attrocious yet he would come out and say we played well or what have you. I think some of his decisions that season were bizarre as well which didn't help him.

The thing is for him though, if Lyon do win the CL this year, it will always be remembered as Le Guen's team. It will be a crying shame for GH but Lyon have been knocking on the door CL wise for the last 3/4 years and he has been fortunate to take over a very good team who haven't been too far away in the CL plus are by far and away the best team in France.

That's like saying the Valencia team that won the league in Spain was not Rafa's team.

Rafa guided that team to the Championship.

And if Lyon win the CL, Houllier would have taken them there.

Guest Brian Stewart

Arsenal, then Barcelona. Happy if Benfica do.

And sorry - not Lyon. Had a lot of time for GH until round about the middle of 2002-3 season, but the treble has been (almost) overshadowed for me by that last miserable 18 months of his time with us.

Guest Gazmo25
That's like saying the Valencia team that won the league in Spain was not Rafa's team.

Rafa guided that team to the Championship.

And if Lyon win the CL, Houllier would have taken them there.

I didn't say it wouldn't be Houllier's team. What I said is that people will remember it as Le Guen's team.

Yeah, I'd go with Lyon. Houllier has taken a lot of stick but I wish him the best of luck.

He's still fucking us over as we speak. We had a £14 million striker on the bench, his parting gift to us, who can't understand the offside rule or control a ball, he accounted for another £10 million to pay him and his cronies off and is the major reason Owen was allowed to leave so cheaply.

Yeah, I'd just love to see Ged win it.

"But he almost gave his life for the club" BLAH fucking blah.

Benfica or Inter. Both because I somehow grew an attachment to them before I was old enough to know better. My attraction to Barcelona is purely because they did for Chelsea - that aside, I always found their claim to be a 'big' side a bit annoying, as their record at the highest level just doesn't stand up.