You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Race for Walcott hots up

Rashid

A few things:

Dave Usher has said he wants to join us and we are his first choice.

Ian Rush said he wants to join us.

We all know he is a massive Liverpool fan.

He has been living away in digs ever since he was a child. His parents live in Berkshire, Southampton is 80 odd miles away.

Parry has a poor track record of getting his man when there is a few clubs involved since Rafa arrived...

What shall I think?

Making the distance from home sound like nothing it a bit soft. By adding that in you take credibility from the other things you say rashid.

Do you think that as the mighty club you always say we are we can afford to say to players "You want to sign for someone else then off you go, we're Liverpool". We shouldn't have to chase players tirelessly and pander to them. If we have made it known to the lad that we want him, and he is reassured that will not change, then that is all we need do. After that everything else should be about sorting out the details between the clubs and the player.

Farmer's boy - bang on the money chief.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things:

He has been living away in digs ever since he was a child. His parents live in Berkshire, Southampton is 80 odd miles away.

Parry has a poor track record of getting his man when there is a few clubs involved since Rafa arrived...

What shall I think?

Rashid - you know fuck all about what is going off behind the scenes. For you know we could have been talking to Southampton for a few days.

Just because Dave Usher or Elisha Scott or even some knob jockey off Lverpool.no hasnt posted on an internet forum that we are in talks with him doesnt mean its not going off.

If Walcott doesnt join Liverpool then the club aint gonna self destruct you know. We won the European Cup under Rafa last season without Owen, Joaquin, Walcott or whoever your next flavour of the month is so i think that the phrase 'trust in rafa' is appropriate.

If we dont sign Walcott or any other player in this transfer window then i will still be happy, still happy in the knowledge that this football club is in the best hands it has been in for years.

For the first time in a long time i believe we realistically have a chance of winning the league and are on the way back to been the most feared team in England if not Europe.

Viva la Rafa-lution.

Guest FarmersBoy
What shall I think?

If I were you, I'd think that he doesn't want to come to us enough - Liverpool fan or not. If he did, then given he holds all the contractual aces, he could go where he wants.

We've all read how he's not going to go to Chelsea, even though they're bidding more than anyone else. So clearly it's not money. In which case, what is it, exactly, you want Parry to do that you feel he's not doing?

Guest OnceARedAlwaysA
A few things:

What shall I think?

You say 80miles but it's double that from lverpoo to southampton. you have got to realise and understand that this is one of the reasons why he wants to go Arsenal. Yes he's a fan of liverpool but at 16 he and his family probably think it's too big step at 16 to move all the way up north on his own. He's bound to miss his friends and family

Seriously I really think that we would've made a move if Walcott really wanted to join us irrespective of what the other team bids.

I don't know you personally but you seem the type that is stuck in their ways and no matter that people tell you, you think you're always right. I may be wrong but that is how you come accross on here.

Guest OnceARedAlwaysA
If I were you, I'd think that he doesn't want to come to us enough - Liverpool fan or not. If he did, then given he holds all the contractual aces, he could go where he wants.

We've all read how he's not going to go to Chelsea, even though they're bidding more than anyone else. So clearly it's not money. In which case, what is it, exactly, you want Parry to do that you feel he's not doing?

Spot on!

Parry could try all he wants to secure the signing of walcott but it wouldn't make any difference if walcott doesn't want to sign for us. of course we are interested but walcotts not hence why we have not made a move. how difficult is it to understand.

Spot on!

Parry could try all he wants to secure the signing of walcott but it wouldn't make any difference if walcott doesn't want to sign for us. of course we are interested but walcotts not hence why we have not made a move. how difficult is it to understand.

how do you know we've not made a move or had any contact whatsoever as you keep stating in every post ?

Guest OnceARedAlwaysA
how do you know we've not made a move or had any contact whatsoever as you keep stating in every post ?

It's just my opinion. I think we would certaintly have bidded for Walcott if their was a chance of us getting him but that hasn't happened hence why I have come to assumption

It's just my opinion. I think we would certaintly have bidded for Walcott if their was a chance of us getting him but that hasn't happened hence why I have come to assumption

but how do you know its not happened? noone knows if we have or haven't and if they do they aren't letting on .

Funny thing is happening.. there have been several posts on this page that made sense ..... ;)

Guess we have to do something about that... NP style ( just not that good ;) )

Can you feel this itch

Like the marking from a bitch

And it`s always coming around

When you`ve been messing on the town

And the flavour of the month

It changes while you wont

There`s a new rash in town

And there ain`t no cream or cure

There`s this new rash in town

We all know that for sure

Can you feel the fight

It`s another rainy night

It`s always coming around

When you`re standing on your ground

And the flavour of the month

Keeps changing while you wont

:party:

Let's imagine, for a second, in the world of fantasy forum bullshit supposition, that this is true.

What it means is that we only ever recruit players who really want to play for us, and because of that desire, we get them for less than the asking price.

And we don't buy players who could be persuaded to go anywhere else.

I'm struggling to find out why that's such a bad strategy.

But then the integrity of LFC is far, far more important to me than winning trophies. In that respect I rather think I'm unlikely to find myself amongst many others.

Perfect sense there mate. Im with your minority brother.

Guest FarmersBoy
Funny thing is happening.. there have been several posts on this page that made sense ..... ;)

Tea splurts over keyboard and screen.

You owe me a new PC.

:biggrin:

Is this why you didnt come out for my birthday by the way? You wanted to post on TLW instead?

cunt :whistle:

Guest OnceARedAlwaysA
but how do you know its not happened? noone knows if we have or haven't and if they do they aren't letting on .

Think about it. if we have made a move don't you think a little snippet would've been in the press? we have hardly had a mention. It clear to me Lowe wants to start a bidding war so why not mention we've made a bid if we have?

I don't think he'll come for the reasons I suggested earlier but it it's also not the end of the world. there ae better prospects than walcott non other than Sergio Aguerro for independiente.

Guest OnceARedAlwaysA
Is this why you didnt come out for my birthday by the way? You wanted to post on TLW instead?

cunt :whistle:

Hell mate. Listen I fell asleep when I got back from work seriously. Tom was telling me you're out tomorrow. I'm up for that mate. Did you enjoy your night out then?

Whats your opnion on this Walcott stuff.