You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hate might be a bit strong but the 'magazine' that lets you build a plastic R2D2 model and keeps flashing £2.99 at you, but if you read the the small print at the end each copy costs £8.99 after the first one and takes 100 issues to complete.

So basically it just costs the £893 and takes over 8 years to get there assuming the magazine hasn't gone bang in the interim.

For some reason I hark back to the Monty Python Big Red Book I had years ago , and the advert to send £100 for the secrets of the ancient Welsh martial art of Llap Goch with the form at the bottom where you had to tick

- I am over 4 years of age

- I have a extra Y Chromosome.

Most of those things are the same. Build a working F1 Mclaren from 1988, first issue 50p, next 500 issues £25.

The R2-D2 price is unlikely to put the geeks off though, as it has some sort of hologram emitting device.

• Upvote 1

That fucking "Yam, yam, yam. We'll be cookin' all night' advert is doing my head in. Who really wants to see dickheads dancing in their kitchen when making their tea (or 'dinner' if they're posh twats)!?

The thing is, for every advert showing people cooking their own food, there are about 3 or 4 advertising those apps that let you order takeaways from wherever.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pistonbroke

Those money lending adds, I see they are on the rise again. Cunts making people's lives a misery by offering them loans they can ill afford to repay, I wonder how many politicians/Lords have their fingers in those pies, cunts. 

I've just seen an advert for an online shoe-shop.  Some woman is moping because "summer's almost over" and she won't be able to wear her summer shoes any more.  Then she realises that it's getting to be "boot season" so she can start wearing all her lovely boots.  Hooray.

I repeat; I've just seen this.

At the start of March.