You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I am not interested in Joaquin - Rafa

Rashid

LIVERPOOL DENY JOAQUIN LINK

Mark Platt 06 October 2005

Rafa Benitez today denied reports linking him with Real Betis winger Joaquin, after a Spanish newspaper claimed the player's agent attended the Chelsea game as a guest of Liverpool Chief Scout Paco Herrera.

"These stories are false," said the Liverpool manager. "I keep reading in the Spanish press that we are trying to take Joaquin to England. The agent did not come to the Chelsea game and we have never made any offer or suggested other players as part of a transfer deal.

"Our position is clear. We are not interested in bringing the player to Anfield and I can only assume that people in Spain are trying to move the player out of Betis."

:wallbutt:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa Benitez today denied reports linking him with Real Betis winger Joaquin, after a Spanish newspaper claimed the player's agent attended the Chelsea game as a guest of Liverpool Chief Scout Paco Herrera.

"These stories are false," said the Liverpool manager. "I keep reading in the Spanish press that we are trying to take Joaquin to England. The agent did not come to the Chelsea game and we have never made any offer or suggested other players as part of a transfer deal.

"Our position is clear. We are not interested in bringing the player to Anfield and I can only assume that people in Spain are trying to move the player out of Betis."

So lets catch up here, does that mean Red Nick, Paco AND Vlads mate, was right ?

He also denied being interested in Owen, as the only position he was looking to strenghten was the CB and RW positions. "We are not looking to buy a striker" was repeated to boredom. Still, it became very clear that we vere interested in Owen afterall. Somehow you choose to take this statement as a fact (if that is what you do with that wallbutt-icon).

This is just a transfer strategy statement, which we previoulsy have shown to be the masters of......

We don't want Owen, we don't want Figo, we don't want......

Guest MMMMMM

I expected Rafa to say "Yep, that's absolutely spot on - we're trying to bring him in as soon as possible - money will be no object in getting him to Anfield."

He also denied being interested in Owen, as the only position he was looking to strenghten was the CB and RW positions. "We are not looking to buy a striker" was repeated to boredom. Still, it became very clear that we vere interested in Owen afterall. Somehow you choose to take this statement as a fact (if that is what you do with that wallbutt-icon).

This is just a transfer strategy statement, which we previoulsy have shown to be the masters of......

We don't want Owen, we don't want Figo, we don't want......

I think it's totally different with the Owen situation though. He never actually mentioned Owen directly - this seems a pretty certain statement that we aren't interested.

I think it looks pretty definitive.

I think it's totally different with the Owen situation though. He never actually mentioned Owen directly - this seems a pretty certain statement that we aren't interested.

It's different with the Owen-situation, I know, but I still think that statements like this isn't necessarily "the truth". There's always statements like this in a transfer saga of some proportion. It could mean that we're not interessted, and it could mean that we are interessted but want to keep a low profile and not being robbed. My main point is that we sould not take this for granted, the same way we shouldn't take a positiv statement for granted ("Simão is a done deal" or "Joaquin's agent is in Liverpool, so he's definently on our list" for instance).

this means nothing. he could want him more than ever for all we know

all will be revealed in the january transfer window, if Parry manages not to fall out of it this time around. I understand it's not easy to keep your balance with those oversized shoes, but nevertheless..

trust in Rafa, and I'm sure dave u will agree 100%

Just think Joaquin would be perfect and am dismayed we are not interested in him. Anyway, its not as if we need a right winger.

Matt fuck off with the name calling eh, it’s only a fucking forum.

If its only a fcuking forum, don't take it so fcuking personal..........gobshite!

Do you really believe every statement that comes from LFC? Rashid, you are a negativity parasite!

Guest cliff_bling

he said he didn't want a striker he wanted CB but before the Tfer deadline he didn't sign a CB and in actual fact signed a striker!

Just think Joaquin would be perfect and am dismayed we are not interested in him. Anyway, its not as if we need a right winger.

Matt fuck off with the name calling eh, it’s only a fucking forum.

I want him to sign as well but that last post you made was full of fucking shite. We're Liverpool, we don't want stars players. Stop talking bollocks.

If its only a fcuking forum, don't take it so fcuking personal..........gobshite!

Do you really believe every statement that comes from LFC? Rashid, you are a negativity parasite!

OK OK - This could well mean we are getting him! I live in hope!

Nail hit firmly on the head

We want a Right Winger and he has made his position very clear indeed, Crystal clear I think.

With Owen he never said he didnt want to sign him he chose his words very carefully saying that he wanted a RW and a CB.

He's clearly said that he's not interested, presumably he's just fed up with Liverpool being used to try and stir interest in the player from clubs who are no longer interested in him.

Anyway I only posted what i did after the CL in good faith as i thought it would be interesting for this forum. The abuse I took was strange to say the least but maybe i broke a hearts and dreams but what i posted was in good faith and that would still be the case if Rafa makes an about turn and signs Joaquin which is very doubtful in my eyes

Rafa isn't after Joaquin. It's different to the Owen situation, because off the record everyone knew the score with that. Off the record he's saying he doesn't want Joaquin, because he's too inconsistent for the price we'd have to pay.

Name me a winger that isn't inconsistent. Joaquin will beo Rafa was Duff was to GH if we are nto careful! ;)

Some players are simply worth the money.

Let's just wait and see what happenes in January before getting our knickers in a knot.

If Rafa signs someone who turns out to be shit, then you can go on about how not going for Joaquin was his greatest mistake etc, but wait and see first, eh?

If Rafa thinks Joaquin isn't consistent enough, and he wants someone else then I'll trust his judgement and wait and see what happens.

Will you? Or will it be toys thrown out of prams?

I know how you feel Rash, and I'm as pissed off anyone that we didn't get any wingers. But you're getting completely worked up over something you have no control over. You can't make Rafa sign Joaquin, so stop with the wallbutts before you get a concussion.

Let's just wait and see what happenes in January before getting our knickers in a knot.

If Rafa signs someone who turns out to be shit, then you can go on about how not going for Joaquin was his greatest mistake etc, but wait and see first, eh?

If Rafa thinks Joaquin isn't consistent enough, and he wants someone else then I'll trust his judgement and wait and see what happens.

Will you? Or will it be toys thrown out of prams?

I know how you feel Rash, and I'm as pissed off anyone that we didn't get any wingers. But you're getting completely worked up over something you have no control over. You can't make Rafa sign Joaquin, so stop with the wallbutts before you get a concussion.

Dave,

this is why some other sites make money, they tell posters what they want to hear. They pander to peoples dreams

Nobody wanted to hear Rafa didnt rate Joaquin or whoever else it might be, they had there dreams and now they have been smashed, its only one player afterall and to be fair to Rash he wasnt the only poster who didnt want to believe Rafa didnt rate Joaquin.

Lets just hope Simao and Gonzales arrive Jan 1