You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Oh I understood English well enough to get by. I read you right when your argument was based on..."plenty of other sources" so why post so and so..

Yet you can't provide a single one  reporting inside Gaza. So maybe you had other motives. 

Oh and the post which so upset you last night had nothing to do with babies. It was information from Lebanon, which you preferred to remain unseen. 

I see you. 

I cant provide verifiable facts is not a justification for posting gossip. Which i don't post. I have no doubt that terrible things are being perpetrated in Gaza but posting unverified  propaganda from either side is never a good idea if truth is your ideal.

18 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Why do people compare them to Nazis?

I can see why but it still doesn’t sit right with me. I’ve done so in the past myself. They’re worthy of just being called the IDF. It’s got its own sinister meaning for itself right now. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I can see why but it still doesn’t sit right with me. I’ve done so in the past myself. They’re worthy of just being called the IDF. It’s got its own sinister meaning for itself right now. 

It’s a tough one. 

It’s ludicrous and offensive to compare the holocaust to what the IDF are doing. 

But, on other things, it’s also ludicrous to lie to yourself and deny what your eyes are showing you. It’s hardly a surprise that two violent, far right wing, racist regimes will have some overlap at times. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

It’s a tough one. 

It’s ludicrous and offensive to compare the holocaust to what the IDF are doing. 

But, on other things, it’s also ludicrous to lie to yourself and deny what your eyes are showing you. It’s hardly a surprise that two violent, far right wing, racist regimes will have some overlap at times. 

I don't think it is. A century long process of genocide and ethnic cleansing by successive regimes (and not just one mad man), with the victims being portrayed as the aggressors and the perpetrators as the victims...I would say they are both at least equally comparable in their abomination.

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. When “reliable” sources choose not to report on key events (like genocide and ethnic cleansing) then these sources no longer deserve to be referred to as “reliable”.

2. A video of bombs exploding on the side of a road is not propaganda. It is documented evidence. No matter what platform it is posted on.

Ta.

6 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I cant provide verifiable facts is not a justification for posting gossip. Which i don't post. I have no doubt that terrible things are being perpetrated in Gaza but posting unverified  propaganda from either side is never a good idea if truth is your ideal.

Fuck off, you lying racist twat.

https://mronline.org/2024/02/17/it-is-dark-before-the-dawn-but-israeli-settler-colonialism-is-at-an-end/

Professor Ilan Pappe spoke at IHRC’s annual Genocide Memorial Day in London, UK on 21st January 2024, on the need to understand that the genocide of Palestinians we are currently witnessing, as brutal as it is, is also the demise of the so-called Jewish state. We need to be ready to imagine a new world beyond it.

Interesting article, offering some hope.

38 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. When “reliable” sources choose not to report on key events (like genocide and ethnic cleansing) then these sources no longer deserve to be referred to as “reliable”.

2. A video of bombs exploding on the side of a road is not propaganda. It is documented evidence. No matter what platform it is posted on.

Ta.

I assume this is aimed at me and while I agree that the situation is horrible and The State of Israel is guilty of terrible war crimes relying on sources such as twitter to back up your case is not the best.

10 minutes ago, Planet Origi said:

https://mronline.org/2024/02/17/it-is-dark-before-the-dawn-but-israeli-settler-colonialism-is-at-an-end/

Professor Ilan Pappe spoke at IHRC’s annual Genocide Memorial Day in London, UK on 21st January 2024, on the need to understand that the genocide of Palestinians we are currently witnessing, as brutal as it is, is also the demise of the so-called Jewish state. We need to be ready to imagine a new world beyond it.

Interesting article, offering some hope.

Not going to help those who have been murdered so Israel can get its own "Lebensraum".

5 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I assume this is aimed at me and while I agree that the situation is horrible and The State of Israel is guilty of terrible war crimes relying on sources such as twitter to back up your case is not the best.

You are absolutely, perfectly and undeniably right. 

More Spam and Fake news.

Israel kill three people in attack on residential area in Damascus Syria. 

Sorry more Spam and Fake news (I wish) This time from Jason Hickel, UNICEF and the Guardian. 

Probably no shortage of food in Gaza. They might be making it up. This little girl in the video might be an actor. Might not even be in Gaza. Might only be real on twitter. 

Finally to Lebanon. Pic of child killed. (remember yesterday) No name as yet though some might dismissively call her Spam. 

20240221_110214.jpg