You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

46 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

There are plenty of reliable sources all reporting the horrors which I am not denying are happening. But that does not mean you acce

pt everything as true especially on twitter.

Who are these reliable sources you say are plentiful? 

Once again, just for you. An experienced war journalist believes sources are being silenced. 

Here again just for you.. the U.N. 

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/02/1146132

9 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

It was filmed in my country, Lebanon. And I can attest that the location is Ghazieh, near the coastal city of Saida. Down that road there are some excellent Lahm B’ajine places to try. The football club representing that town is currently languishing at the bottom of the Lebanese league.

Also, the people whose voices are heard in that video are speaking Arabic with a Lebanese accent. The man is saying: “It’s an air raid. An air raid on us”!. 

Happy now? Or do you also need to see documented identification of the shoe size of the Israeli criminal who launched the bombs?

One really important thing...

...I am starting to think JK isn't TK after all!

Twitter again. Trust in Elon. Fuck that.

I have my own way of evaluating news and bottom of that list is twitter. I neither trust government or most mainstream media as they all have an agenda. Which truth is last of their priorities. 

Twitter is like walking down the street with with bellends shouting out of windows. 'Look at me and my opinion' I don't walk down that street. 

It is undeniable that Israel is guilty of terrible atrocities in Gaza and only when the people and their representatives stand up to it will it be recognised. Not by random twitter shite.

5 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Twitter again. Trust in Elon. Fuck that.

I have my own way of evaluating news and bottom of that list is twitter. I neither trust government or most mainstream media as they all have an agenda. Which truth is last of their priorities. 

Twitter is like walking down the street with with bellends shouting out of windows. 'Look at me and my opinion' I don't walk down that street. 

It is undeniable that Israel is guilty of terrible atrocities in Gaza and only when the people and their representatives stand up to it will it be recognised. Not by random twitter shite.

You didn't answer my question from a few posts up. 

3 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

You are asking for reliable sources? At the moment it appears there is non. Just because there are no reliable sources does not justify unreliable sources. A vacuum is dangerous.

You said in your post "their are plenty of reliable sources". So I stupidly thought you meant 'their are plenty of reliable sources" because that's what you actually wrote. That's why I asked "what are these reliable sources'

How stupid of me again.

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm shocked at who negged you Skend.

I know it’s ’only’ an online forum but we’re still people interacting on it and it really truly is laughably pathetically cowardly to have for several months been ‘negging’ comments on this particular thread without uttering a single opinion on the subject.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Gnasher said:

You said in your post "their are plenty of reliable sources". So I stupidly thought you meant 'their are plenty of reliable sources" because that's what you actually wrote. That's why I asked "what are these reliable sources'

How stupid of me again.

There are plenty of reliable sources. At the mo they are not reporting the stuff posted on unreliable sources. It is up to you to determine the reliability of reports. My bar is obviously a bit higher than yours.

14 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

There are plenty of reliable sources. At the mo they are not reporting the stuff posted on unreliable sources. It is up to you to determine the reliability of reports. My bar is obviously a bit higher than yours.

Go on then. 

24 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

You are asking for reliable sources? At the moment it appears there is non. Just because there are no reliable sources does not justify unreliable sources. A vacuum is dangerous.

"At the moment it appears there is non"

You're contradicting your own self.

20 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

You're just making stuff up off the top of your head. Who are these reliable sources who are not posting stuff?

33 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

???????

As John Cleese said in the Life of Brian,...  he's just making it all up. 

41 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Reuters, CNN, BBC do I need to go on. Not I admit without criticism but compared to twitter.

Once again, just for you at the back.  The agencies you've mentioned are not allowed to report unrestricted from Gaza.

So who are these sources you speak of (which you then retracted) which provide information on to whats going on in Gaza? 

Or did you really mean the IDF?

If the BBC and people like Jeremy Bowen were allowed into Gaza we rely on the residents on the ground sending out information. 

The information problem in Gaza in not with the BBC, CNN or even Twitter it's the Israeli forces sending out their own false information and also killing and silencing bona fida journalists from sending out theirs. 

Once again..

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/02/1146132

PTS can provide no other credible sources reporting from Gaza because their are no other credible sources who are allowed to report from Gaza and in truth he/they do not want sources to report from Gaza. 

Which is why he got upset when the pics from Lebanon being bombed were shown last night. Which again proved to be true. 

Not sure if you can understand the English language but I'll say it again that I totally condemn the atrociousness of the actions carried out by the Israeli state, it is genocide and needs to be acknowledged as such. But I object to unverified twitter posts of dead babies etc as they have no verification or context. They may be true I don't know but constant bombardment of unverified twitter rumours IMO only serves to desensitize a public that needs hard facts.  

8 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Not sure if you can understand the English language but I'll say it again that I totally condemn the atrociousness of the actions carried out by the Israeli state, it is genocide and needs to be acknowledged as such. But I object to unverified twitter posts of dead babies etc as they have no verification or context. They may be true I don't know but constant bombardment of unverified twitter rumours IMO only serves to desensitize a public that needs hard facts.  

Oh I understood English well enough to get by. I read you right when your argument was based on..."plenty of other sources" so why post so and so..

Yet you can't provide a single one  reporting inside Gaza. So maybe you had other motives. 

Oh and the post which so upset you last night had nothing to do with babies. It was information from Lebanon, which you preferred to remain unseen. 

I see you.