You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who's good enough for next season?

Paul

Who's good enough for the first eleven?  

1,215 members have voted

1. 1. Who's good enough for the first eleven?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things - Weshy ,Potter,Whitbread et all ...

Re the Ego -depends really on which one is on offer , the Derby gerrard ,or the other one

Couldn't fit 'em on - it only allows 25 options, and as I said good enough for the first eleven, I assumed no-one would seriously go for any of those lads just yet. As for Gerrard, I put aside the baggage when I made my choices; I just went for talent and ability to fit into Rafa's system.

With Bare picking about 19 for his first eleven we should win every game next year. ;)

I only selected ten that i'd be happy with in the first eleven but that shows it's not as dire as people think at the moment.

The one position left was another centre back. And it seems i'm happy with Warnock starting next season at left back.

For the Record good enough for the first 16 next season is

Carson - 1st Reserve

---------------------

Finnan

Carra

Pellegrino (1st Reserve)

Warnock (1st Reserve)

Traore

-----------------------

Garcia

Alonso

Gerrard (if he signs new contract)

Risse

--------------------------

Morientes

Cisse

Flo (1st reserve as striker or winger)

---------------------------

Thats 12 or 13 depending on Gerrard

The rest can fuck off and we can buy 5 good players with the likes of Welsh & potter added to the first team squad

When you start to look at it Rafa really has got to grips with it this season and with quality additions like Andrade, Viciente & Aimar things could look fantastic next season

NB I forgot to vote for Kirkland - I think he's definitely good enough*

Like Stu I voted for starters only really - there are some such as ALT who I didn't vote for but would still keep, if that makes sense.

*didn't vote for Carson because I haven't seen enough of him.

I didn't choose Riise, as much as he has improved I don't think he will sustain a place there. He's been great at left-midfield and scored some tremendous goals but I don't think he gets enough crosses in. I only picked about six players. I picked the players who I think are good enough to stay there and don't need replacing.

With Bare picking about 19 for his first eleven we should win every game next year. ;)

I only selected ten that i'd be happy with in the first eleven but that shows it's not as dire as people think at the moment.

The one position left was another centre back. And it seems i'm happy with Warnock starting next season at left back.

My Bad, I picked players who I'd be happy with in the 1st eleven. 19 excellent choices I'm sure you'd agree though.

Guest FrankH

I thought about in terms of who would be good enough for the team next year, whether they're here or not, and based on form this season.

Finnan

Milan

JAR

Gerrard

Luis

Xabi

Carra

Warnock (think he has the potential to be a quality LB and therefore left Djimi out).

I voted for players I thought were good enough to be regular starters, rather than just a particular "first eleven."

Oh, and anyone who thinks Carson is good enough to start and Dudek isn't is fucking nuts if you ask me.