You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kasabian.

Kopite

Great band. Probably the best around in the current climate of shit music.

Loads of ace music about at the minute and Kasabian, though decent, are nowhere near the best around.

You don't know how close you came to an atomic neg there. I'm in a good mood this morning though, luckily.

kasabian are shite.

Loads of ace music about at the minute and Kasabian, though decent, are nowhere near the best around.

You don't know how close you came to an atomic neg there. I'm in a good mood this morning though, luckily.

Ya see Stu, I'm not in a good mood and Rafa the gaffa just took one for that comment.

I accept your generosity.

What other bands are you classing as ace at the minute? Serious question.

I accept your generosity.

What other bands are you classing as ace at the minute? Serious question.

Loads. Off the top of my head:

Radiohead

Sigur Ros

TV on the Radio

Bloc party

Interpol

Talib Kweli

Dan le sac v Scroobius Pip

Denis Jones

Sufjan Stevens

The dead weather

The white stripes

Florence & the machine

QOTSA

Nick Cave

Nitin Sawnhey

The Arcade Fire

Death from above 1979

Justice

Soulwax

Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova

Lupe Fiasco

Portishead

Massive Attack

Anything Albarn dabbles with

Bon Iver

And loads more.

If you're not drowning in music you love then you're not looking hard enough.

Radiohead

Sigur Ros

TV on the Radio

Bloc party

Interpol

Talib Kweli

Denis Jones

Sufjan Stevens

The dead weather

The white stripes

Florence & the machine

QOTSA

Nick Cave

Nitin Sawnhey

The Arcade Fire

Death from above 1979

Justice

Soulwax

Lupe Fiasco

Portishead

Massive Attack

Bon Iver

And loads more.

Spot on, there some great fucking bands that if you look you will find cos you wont find any good shit in the charts it seems nowadays.

Radiohead

Sigur Ros

TV on the Radio

Bloc party

Interpol

Talib Kweli

Denis Jones

Sufjan Stevens

The dead weather

The white stripes

Florence & the machine

QOTSA

Nick Cave

Nitin Sawnhey

The Arcade Fire

Death from above 1979

Justice

Soulwax

Lupe Fiasco

Portishead

Massive Attack

Bon Iver

And loads more.

you forgot to mention the red hot chili peppers.

• 1 month later...
The latest album has been heavily listened to in the car recently and i fucking love it. It is nothing advanced, but there are some ace songs on that. Fire is the best single.

I had a dream last night that Serg from the Kasabian was leaving the band. He "trained" me in his position in the band and I became the new member of the band. However before he left we did a duet together.

Yeah! Rock n Roll

At Leeds a few years back I forsook Kasabian to watch Pixies. As you would. However, Pixies were below par and I heard from others that Kasabian soared.

Seen Pixies a couple of times since and they just haven't hit the heights of that Old Trafford gig of 200(?).

Kasabian's first album was dubbed by some commentators the second Stone Roses album the Stone Roses never made. I tend to agree. Their album from last year is good I reckon: some strong tunes on there and has a good overall feel.

Terrible name, mind.

I thought that their first album sounded more like The Charlatans than The Stone Roses.

Yeah, I read that earlier. I'm not sure I agree completely, though the emphasis on the bottom end in its bass grooves, if that's a legitimate term to use, is similar to early Charlatans, true enough.

Anything's better than that cod-Zepplin thing they actually churned out, anyway (Begging You aside).

At Leeds a few years back I forsook Kasabian to watch Pixies. As you would. However, Pixies were below par and I heard from others that Kasabian soared.

Seen Pixies a couple of times since and they just haven't hit the heights of that Old Trafford gig of 200(?).

Kasabian's first album was dubbed by some commentators the second Stone Roses album the Stone Roses never made. I tend to agree. Their album from last year is good I reckon: some strong tunes on there and has a good overall feel.

Terrible name, mind.

I was at that Leeds festival, and after the Killers my Mum wanted to stay and see the Pixies, but me and my mate (being 16 and 14) didn't know who they were and were really into Kasabian, so dragged her over to the NME tent. I was the only one that saw anything as the tent was rammed. Absolutely brilliant though.