You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Mar 4-8 2024)

wtwheader.jpg

Monday Mar 4:

The fallout from “drop ball gate” continues. Batshit mental this is. Tierney is demoted for this weekend. Never seen such a massive over-reaction to a nothing decision. Its genuinely on the same level as a ref giving a throw in the wrong way or giving a goal-kick instead of a corner. Yet every report you see or hear talks of our “controversial win”.

It’s only controversial because their fat cunt owner chased after the ref, and because the same fat cunt owner is paying a former high profile ref to cause shit on their behalf. Fuck Nottingham Forest, the massive cry babies. The media are culpable here too. It’s incredible how much coverage they’ve given this. It comes to something when I’m actually applauding Gary Neville and saying “finally someone talking sense”. MOTD set the tone on this and others followed. Their ‘analysis’ of it was a joke.

What about that Ryan Yates knobhead though. Have a look at this garbage he came out with. "The referee told me: 'That's the rule, they get the ball.' I honestly don't know how that is possible. We were in the ascendancy. We had a corner. There was just a coming together and we were going to put another ball into the box. Then, suddenly, while we're switched off, they're allowed to get the ball to the other end of the pitch and put us under pressure. It's strange, very strange."

“We were in the ascendancy”. Mate, you had a fucking corner that you took an age to take because you were praying for the full time whistle. You’re a fucking yard dog Championship player and you’ll be back there soon enough, especially if you all “switch off” in stoppage time of a tied game just because a decision went against you in the opponents box.

Did you wonder how it was possible when Tierney gave you the ball back earlier in the game after you were hit in the head with it? Soft cunt.

View full article

• dave u pinned this topic

We don’t need a genius Sporting Director, being a genius is the manager’s job. We need a Sporting Director who is competent, efficient and doesn’t rock any boats or interfere too much with the manager.  I’ve no idea if Hughes is right for the job but being mates with our new El Supremo is probably no bad thing as it reduces the chances of petty politics. 

• Upvote 1

I can't tell you what Hughes' shoe size is, but I did teach his two younger brothers and they were smashing kids; bright, hard-working and well-behaved without being goody two shoes. If their elder brother is like them then fine. As I recall, the family have some scottish blood in them so  I'm sure Kenny will be giving Hughes the benefit of his advice about the Liverpool Way.

Forest's whining reminded me of a game against West Brom in the season they got up when they benefitted from a terrible decision when a throw to West Brom was actually taken by them and they ended up getting a corner, from which they scored. There was uproar but the Forest line after was that West Brom had the chance to set up properly for the corner, didn't and had only themselves to blame. Does that sound familiar?

• Upvote 9

On 10/03/2024 at 22:41, dave u said:

As long as they get Alonso and don't think they're smarter than everyone else and do something mad, then I'm not really arsed. My big worry is they won't do that though. 

This is my worry , he was at Bournemouth when Edwards persuaded them to spend a small fortune on 3 of our squad players who we didn’t see a future for.

«Ireola has the same agent as Xavi, which might be useful but probably means nothing.»

I’ll let you off the hook by the fact V and B are together on the keyboard. 

1 minute ago, Code said:

«Ireola has the same agent as Xavi, which might be useful but probably means nothing.»

I’ll let you off the hook by the fact V and B are together on the keyboard. 

Appreciate that mate.

• Haha 1

On 10/03/2024 at 10:48, aws said:

We don’t need a genius Sporting Director, being a genius is the manager’s job. We need a Sporting Director who is competent, efficient and doesn’t rock any boats or interfere too much with the manager.  I’ve no idea if Hughes is right for the job but being mates with our new El Supremo is probably no bad thing as it reduces the chances of petty politics. 

My money is on Ted Lasso

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic