You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (H) - Mon 1st Jan 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

In Mo's absence I'd be tempted to play Nunez on the left and Diaz on the right, see how that goes.  No doubt Klopp has a few combinations in mind. Excited to see us without Mo, hopefully it goes well.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Hate to say it, but that ginger rat was their main threat. Why we didn’t double up on him after going ahead is beyond me. Do was totally done for their first goal.

the old Diaz is back, how Harvey doesn’t get in before Grav I don’t know, and Jones was fucking boss

Maybe an element of it would usually be Elliott but there is a need to play Gravenberch back into an acceptable level of performance, so he got the nod. 

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

5 points ahead of City with a superior goal difference. They’ve scored 1 more, but conceded more. 

Just a small reality check though…we seriously need to improve in the final third. Massive difference though with Diogo back. So who plays the Right while Mo is away? Darwin?

I would be guessing in no particular order that Elliott, Jota, Gakpo, Szoboszlai, Diaz and Nunez all can play there. Doak as well of course, dont know when he’ll be back. Perhaps also Jones can play there, even if he’s clearly much better in midfield.

Just now, Rushies tash said:

Howe thinks Longstaff should have had a penalty! Fucking hell, that's some next level delusion.

He's got limbs at stake, I'd be claiming every mitigating circumstance possible in case I ended up in a suitcase.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

We played well but as is the trend now, the true difference with this team is when all 5 forwards are there. Diaz wasnt even bad in this game but as soon as we have the prospect of bringing on 2 fresh players who can make the difference against a team we just ran ragged, its open season and the goals flow in. 

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Salah's got two goals and easily been our worst player. Legend 

Salah got two goals, one assist and also created the fourth goal, he was sensational and easily our best player.

• Upvote 1

Just now, KMD7 said:

Beheddie claiming both our pens shouldn't have been given and they should have got one. 

Shitting himself isn’t he. Gotta be afraid the axe is gonna fall soon. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I’d agree with most of that. Jota is often our smartest footballer when he’s on form. Hopefully he’ll stay fit now.

I think the stats with Jones as a starter in the league since last spring are pretty telling too. Shows what a talent he is that he went from a showboating attacker to the midfield glue that he is today.

It's Jones' inconsistency that continues to be a drag on his progress.  If he played like that every game, or even most games, he'd be an automatic selection.  

Eddie's head is falling off, playing the blame game, denial all the scenarios except we weren't good enough. Last season was a fluke we were bad Tottenham, Chelsea all bad last season this season its different and they are where they deserve to be the Saudi owners will go out and bring in a big name before the end of the season and I think they will throw money at it ffp will go out the window because its not really enforced anyway if it's done like city through blag sponsors.