You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just For Men

Bjornebye

I always remember Peter Reid playing with a full head of grey hair and then turning out one week with a head of jet black hair. He was laughed out of town, and that was the last we saw of the dyed bonce.

My best mate started going rapidly grey in his early 20s. I could have understood him going down the dying it route but to be fair to him he never did. It did probably age him whilst he was young, but conversely he probably didn’t age as rapidly as some of my other mates once he hit his 40s. 

I do think people like Pochettino who have a fully grey beard and full head of dark hair look daft. I really don’t get the hang up about going grey and certainly once you’re in your 40s should just embrace it. As someone who is thinning on top I’m in full agreement that it’s better to go grey than bald, though as long as both are done gracefully then either is fine. My own hair is a mousey colour and as I keep it really short (a number one all over when I get it cut) my grey hair is barely visible.