You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2023-24 Season Predictions

Ne Moe Imya

On 10/08/2023 at 08:53, BeefStroganoff said:

If no further signings are made:

Liverpool 5/6 position at best after a string of injuries.

Jurgen to walk mid to end of season blaming himself.

Crowd turns and owners and fans fall into a Mike Ashley state.

Yes I’m feeling pessimistic today. I just don’t see any synergy in the Club currently I think we are in a worse state than we are perceived.

Thank fuck for Endo and Gravenberch!

On 09/08/2023 at 22:49, Ne Moe Imya said:

• Chelsea in 12th at Christmas but rally to finish 7th
  •  

Looking a decent shout that one, they were 10th at xmas but level on pts with Bournemouth who were 12th

How the fuck has Jurgens juggernaut of a Liverpool team ended up being worse than Arsenal. How has fucking Arteta built a better team than us... and they are better than us! Recruitment has been a failure at the elite level in my opinion, not at getting you up there but that extra few points you need. Only because city have created this situation in the league but this isnt City its Arsenal and its 2 years now theyve been the team to compete againt Abu Dhabi.

We haven't quite done enough when we needed to as usual, I like Endo but we settled, caciedo may not of been the answer but we went from one extreme to fucking jerking off because the 30 year old cheap player we bought wasn't a pile of shite and could play adequately. We buy Rice not that we could because he may not of been interested but we buy him we win the league. A player whose been quality in the Premier league who puts it all in and is almost never injured. He was their VVD signing, now Arsenal may not win the league but they are certainly the 2nd best if not almost on par with City. We still talk about keeping Endo so Bajcetic can reclaim his place as the greatest thing since slice bread. Nunez fucking balloons a shot from 2 yards out and his name is sung from the rafters. Have we begun to elevate players beyond their ability out of hope rather than reality. Am I just pissed because I'm away and drinking too much... who knows but find out on this week's episode of.... BatFink!

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How the fuck has Jurgens juggernaut of a Liverpool team ended up being worse than Arsenal. How has fucking Arteta built a better team than us... and they are better than us! Recruitment has been a failure at the elite level in my opinion, not at getting you up there but that extra few points you need. Only because city have created this situation in the league but this isnt City its Arsenal and its 2 years now theyve been the team to compete againt Abu Dhabi.

We haven't quite done enough when we needed to as usual, I like Endo but we settled, caciedo may not of been the answer but we went from one extreme to fucking jerking off because the 30 year old cheap player we bought wasn't a pile of shite and could play adequately. We buy Rice not that we could because he may not of been interested but we buy him we win the league. A player whose been quality in the Premier league who puts it all in and is almost never injured. He was their VVD signing, now Arsenal may not win the league but they are certainly the 2nd best if not almost on par with City. We still talk about keeping Endo so Bajcetic can reclaim his place as the greatest thing since slice bread. Nunez fucking balloons a shot from 2 yards out and his name is sung from the rafters. Have we begun to elevate players beyond their ability out of hope rather than reality. Am I just pissed because I'm away and drinking too much... who knows but find out on this week's episode of.... BatFink!

Arsenal have got there by spending money where it was needed without trying to balance any books. 

We allowed the team to age and suddenly got very short in a number of areas.

I don't like saying this and its not a dig at him but i think you can partly see the pressure Klopp has felt the last 18 months and his eye for signings doesn't look as good as when he was working hand in hand with a committee. And since he took more power(rightly so) the transfers have not been good enough. I think covid played a big part as i think that was the time frame we would have sold at least 2 of Salah, Mane or Firmino and the fees at that time would have been huge and allowed us to rebuild. Had Edwards had full control then Hendo and others get moved on earlier. We left too much to do and bought players who have not stepped up like Mane,bobby,Gini types did. The output of our forwards has massively dropped.

Arsenal are what we were in 2018/19 but they are also very very lucky. They have not even had to top 90pts to be in a title race. Had ourselves or City been the teams we had been then there wouldn't have been a title race. They are 11pts back on our team that finished runners up. This Arsenal side is on 2 more points that the City team we blew out the water to win the title. They have got a good squad together at the same time both ourselves and City have fallen away from putting up elite numbers, they been very lucky in that. If this was this Arsenal team vs Liverpool 2019/20 the title would have been over by the last week of March or first week of April

To be fair I was smashed when I wrote that. A few completely outrageous decisions not given against us and we would be top. I know all teams have had bad decisions against them but City and Arsenal barely, at least not match defining ones. City go 3 up and they might get a token throwing given the wrong way.

• Upvote 1

On 10/08/2023 at 15:28, Turkish Delight said:

1. City

2. Arsenal

3. Liverpool

4. Man Utd

5. Newcastle

6. Chelsea

18. Sheff Utd

19. Luton

20. Bournemouth

Top scorer: Haaland

LIverpool goals for: 79

Against: 38

CL: Bayern

League Cup: Newcastle

FA Cup: Arsenal

Europa League: Liverpool

Dark horse predictions:

Spurs to finish bottom half

Everton to progress to mid table mediocrity

England to win the Euros and Harry Kane to win the 2024 Ballon d'Or

Pep to leave City at the end of the season

Not shockingly bad I suppose. Could even get the goals for and against right.

Would rather it was Pep than Jurgen fucking off though.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

Not shockingly bad I suppose. Could even get the goals for and against right.

Would rather it was Pep than Jurgen fucking off though.

Would rather you didn't call him 'Pep' as he's a bellend not deserving of first name status, bit like Boris really.

I have had a look at the points from the top 3 teams during 38 game seasons.

If we win our last two games, we will get more points than any other team finishing 3rd.

Same as we have done twice under Klopp for teams finishing 2nd. 

Top 3 in 38 game seasons:

88/89: 76, 76, 64

89/90: 79, 70, 63

90/91: 83, 76, 69

95/96: 82, 78, 71

96/97: 75, 68, 68

97/98: 78, 77, 65

98/99: 79, 78, 75

99/00: 91, 73, 69

00/01: 80, 70, 69

01/02: 87, 80, 77

02/03: 83, 78, 69

03/04: 99, 79, 75

04/05: 95, 83, 77

05/06: 91, 83, 82

06/07: 89, 83, 68

07/08: 87, 85, 83

08/09: 90, 86, 83

09/10: 86, 85, 75

10/11: 80, 71, 71

11/12: 89, 89, 70

12/13: 89, 78, 75

13/14: 86, 84, 82

14/15: 87, 79, 75

Klopp as our manager

15/16: 81, 71, 70

16/17: 93, 86, 78

17/18: 100, 81, 77

18/19: 98, 97, 72

19/20: 99, 81, 66

20/21: 86, 74, 69

21/22: 93, 92, 74

22/23: 89, 84, 75

23/24: 83, 82, 78

On 05/05/2024 at 08:49, BeefStroganoff said:

String of injuries - check 

Jurgen quitting - check

Just position off. The fan stuff will happen next year if Slot struggles.

Just the position off? 5th or 6th at best?

Somewhat misses off the large part of the story that we’ve been in the title race 90% of the season (and, although we won’t win it, mathematically still capable of winning it with 2 games to go), we’ve comfortably qualified for the CL again and we’ve won a trophy. 

A raft of injuries has happened at every club (apart from those above us) and it sounds like the Klopp issues were brewing last season - of which deciding to spend c.£120m on Nunez and Gakpo when other areas of the team needed addressing more urgently, is partially on him. 

Obviously the way the season is ending isn’t the way any of us envisioned it going a month ago, and it hurts, look back at the majority of posts in this thread and we are finishing in like with expect

As for next season, who knows. IMO, Slot takes over an incredibly strong group of players and youngsters, of which a couple of tweaks in key positions would see us staying the course next season.

In general, supporter base isn’t as short tempered or hostile towards our own players / staff as you and other online users are. Given your impending departure, thankfully, you won’t be round to gleefully point out “I tOLd yOu $0” if it doesn’t go to plan. 

On 09/08/2023 at 23:06, Kevin D said:

I think the season is going to be a lot like The Shawshank Redemption, except tunnelling through more shit and no fucking redemption.

Called it.

On 05/05/2024 at 08:49, BeefStroganoff said:

String of injuries - check 

Jurgen quitting - check

Just position off. The fan stuff will happen next year if Slot struggles.

Quick question, now that we are way past mid-season; who is Liverpool's manager?

And the fan stuff hasn't happened (so you're rolling it over to next year, like Krusty betting against the Harlem Globetrotters).

The only thing you predicted correctly was that we would have some injuries.  Hardly mystic stuff, is it.

Anyway, I didn't want to single you out.  I just thought it would be interesting to see where our expectations were last summer.  I think in the wake of the Caicedo/Lavia debacle, most of us would have leapt at the chance of finishing third with a trophy in the bag.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Quick question, now that we are way past mid-season; who is Liverpool's manager?

And the fan stuff hasn't happened (so you're rolling it over to next year, like Krusty betting against the Harlem Globetrotters).

The only thing you predicted correctly was that we would have some injuries.  Hardly mystic stuff, is it.

Anyway, I didn't want to single you out.  I just thought it would be interesting to see where our expectations were last summer.  I think in the wake of the Caicedo/Lavia debacle, most of us would have leapt at the chance of finishing third with a trophy in the bag.

I’m looking forward to the response of we’re always wrong, we know nothing and with supporters like us, we’re destined for mediocrity forever. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. In August, we’d all likely have been more than Ok with this season, I can’t deny it’s ending has left a bitter taste, I thought we’d add at least one other trophy to the collection.

• Upvote 1

On 05/05/2024 at 12:07, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Would rather you didn't call him 'Pep' as he's a bellend not deserving of first name status, bit like Boris really.

Yeah, fair comment.

As a side note I used to work with a lad who lived in Barcelona. He had no interest in football but was made up when we knocked City out the Champions League the other year.

Turns out he knew Guardiola and fucking hated him. The fella was sound and I never knew him to fall out with anyone. The level of feeling he had on it said a lot.

• Upvote 1