You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Thing with Robbo is that he probably needed some game time to get back up to speed after his long lay off.

Hopefully it is just a tweak.

Hope so but he looks pretty gutted about it

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

To be fair it felt like Ward could have faced 50 without saving one. 

Ward has not saved a single penalty throughout his career. He's 6,3. Wayne Hennesey is 6,6 and has an excellent record on pens. Page should've made the sub, for that alone he's got to go.

As a whole Wales have a good young squad but are lacking the top quality strikers and keepers from years gone by. Any two of the following would transform yesterday's team. Rush, Toshack, Southall, Bellamy, Giggs, Saunders, Bale, Hughes. 

Unless Wales unearth another couple of world class players we're always going to struggle in the big games. Bit gutted this morning to be honest. 

I’ll try again, this time even more obvious. 

Is Andy Robertson picking the Scotland team? Is Andy Robertson the one who makes the subs n the Scotland team?

The answer is no.

You would think this was fuckin obvious, but going by some of the posts in this thread  and another thread you would think he was playing manager. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Code said:

Is Andy Robertson picking the Scotland team? Is Andy Robertson the one who makes the subs n the Scotland team?

The answer is no.

You would think this was fuckin obvious, but going by some of the posts in this thread  and another thread you would think he was playing manager. 

I'll also try again - did Andy Robertson get injured in the game? Yes. Did he stupidly try to continue, in a fucking meaningless friendly, having come back from a lengthy injury lay off, fully knowing our fixture list in the coming weeks? Yes.

Any player can get injured at anytime - this is fucking obvious. But not every player will try to continue in a meaningless friendly especially when his club are involved in a fucking title chase. 

Which is why he is a fucking tit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Code said:

The answer is no.

He doesn't and he isn't - but he is perfectly capable of thinking "I've just come back from injury, do I really need to be playing 180 minutes in two meaningless friendlies, or can I say I'm feeling a slight strain and stay home for one of them".

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

He doesn't and he isn't - but he is perfectly capable of thinking "I've just come back from injury, do I really need to be playing 180 minutes in two meaningless friendlies, or can I say I'm feeling a slight strain and stay home for one of them".

So he should be lying?

Thats not how it works. 

Robertson has been out with a shoulder injury, what happened yesterday has got fuck all to do with that.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Yeah, for getting injured by former Linfield player. 

He got injured then tried to carry on playing the fucking nobhead, haven’t been back 5 minutes and he’s throwing in 90 mins then starting a few days later in another meaningless game, idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For a player who is one of our smartest on the pitch, playing against what would always be a rough-and-tumble Championship/League 1 side in a meaningless friendly wasn’t a great move, especially after he did his shoulder before Christmas. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Code said:

Again players dont pick themselves. 

I’ll broaden it out then - the club needs to be more assertive on these issues. Our other left back had a really important game for Greece. Right and proper that he played. Robbo had already played for Scotland in this window and last night was meaningless.

Scotland are in the Euros this year, their first tournament in ages. I don't resent the team captain wanting to take one of the few chances they have to work on things. 

It was a shithouse challenge, hopefully no serious damage done. Should have been taken straight off, though.

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Again players dont pick themselves. 

Sometimes They do, especially stars. They even have the right to pick players they like. Sometimes.

It’ all about check and balance in the squad.

I’m not saying Robbo does but it’s common knowledge Messi, Zidane, Ronaldo, others have done it.

Robbo is their skipper, their more important player. If he wanted, he could have opted out after talking with the manager. You time manage your players in march when it’s friendly game. 

I guess he badly wanted to play because Scotland matter a lot to him.

I like Robbo but he wasn’t smart, especially when You can win the league with 10 games to go.

• Upvote 1

This is simply hilarious, I think I’lleave it here. 

Klopp did not have a problem playing him four times in 10 days before the international break, he’s not just back from injury either, he’s been back for two months now.

Yes he’s been out for months with a shoulder injury, it basically means he should be about as fresh as a player is in September.

People basically talk a lot of fuckin nonsense in this thread. You dont stop playing games because you are afraid of getting injured, then you basically have to stop training as well. The risk is the same. 

IMG_0336.jpeg