You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

If he does end up left then Diaz is not going to play much.

I agree there will and should be interchageability - it will make us more potent and unpredictable, but Diaz looks out and out left sided to me, so if Nunez does end playing there we are going to see Diaz really struggle to get games then.

I'm not talking this season as Diaz IMO won't be up to much anyway after 5 months or more out and only back for a couple of months - so cameos will suit, but next season.

I could see Diaz being more than capable through the middle. And I seem to remember him playing a couple on the right last season too and did alright. 

10 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Disagree that he’s been terrible. He’s got a very decent number of goals and assists. He’s created plenty of chances, for himself and others. Him and Mo was the attacking duo in the PL creating most chances between them before the Newcastle game.  He’s worked hard and done his part defensively.

Nothing terrible about him at all.

He is top for xg and 2nd for xa as well as being top for xg + xa combined 

OK it needs a bit more luck/being clinical from him and team mates to turn those into actual goals and assists, but fact that so many chances are being made by him and he is on end of so many chances is really encouraging - keep that up and the assists and goals numbers will be near at top of league too in time.

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I could see Diaz being more than capable through the middle. And I seem to remember him playing a couple on the right last season too and did alright. 

Looks a leftie to me - but we will see.

If he can put a shift in down middle may be handy

Think now you mention it i recall him v villa on right near end of last season, can't recall other times myself but not doubting you 

16 hours ago, an tha said:

Looks a leftie to me - but we will see.

If he can put a shift in down middle may be handy

Think now you mention it i recall him v villa on right near end of last season, can't recall other times myself but not doubting you 

Diaz played on the right away to Newcastle last season also. Did well actually.  He went to the left when Salah was introduced 

• Upvote 1

How many players are we going to force to play out of position (or change role) for a striker that nobody wants to play as a striker?

We bought him because he was perfect, we bought him because he's a 9 who can also play in the 11 not an 11 who can occasionally play as a 9 so there must have been a plan leading up to his signing.

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

How many players are we going to force to play out of position (or change role) for a striker that nobody wants to play as a striker?

We bought him because he was perfect, we bought him because he's a 9 who can also play in the 11 not an 11 who can occasionally play as a 9 so there must have been a plan leading up to his signing.

Most of our players tend to change position when being signed. A top player needs to be.Its the Liverpool,and Klopp,Way (when successful.)

3 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

One of the best players tonight and Klopp takes him off. Yea, well done, Klopp. Awful decision. 

I agree.  Bringing on Firmino is like battered wives syndrome.  We know he's going to be shit.  He's been on an almost unbroken 3 year run of shitness.  Why does Jurgen do it to himself?

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I agree.  Bringing on Firmino is like battered wives syndrome.  We know he's going to be shit.  He's been on an almost unbroken 3 year run of shitness.  Why does Jurgen do it to himself?

Firmino reminded me of the last game I played. I had pulled a disc in my back 6 months prior and I was barely able to run through pain and lack of fitness. Plus I had been on the piss the whole day before. And I was wearing boots that were too small as I had forgotten to bring my own. I think I touched the ball 5 times and got taken off at half time. That's what Firmino was like tonight. 

I thought he was fairly anonymous in the spell when we were on top and non existing in the other parts. I was disappointed in him, on 2 occasions he had Carvhal and Modric in 1 on 1 situations and he turned back, Manè would have burned them. Certainly he couldn't have any complaints about being subbed.

7 hours ago, No2 said:

I thought he was fairly anonymous in the spell when we were on top and non existing in the other parts. I was disappointed in him, on 2 occasions he had Carvhal and Modric in 1 on 1 situations and he turned back, Manè would have burned them. Certainly he couldn't have any complaints about being subbed.

Yeah, I thought he was disappointing and his work rate without the ball was poor. I've been one of his biggest supporters, but it seemed to me he thought it was job done after 4 minutes. As I said on the MF match thread, you can't only work hard when you're not scoring.