You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

As if he’d know who Andy Carroll is anyway

Speaking of Wor Horse, I was watching Sky Sports on Wednesday night when they were covering the CL and Championship Games and Carroll was hilarious for Reading.

In 5 minutes in the second half he managed to give them the lead with a cracking header, then it looked like he'd put them 2 up in the same way. However an eagle eyed lino spotted he'd handballed it in.

Cue disallowed goal, second yellow card, red card. Luton then equalised putting Reading back in the bottom 3!

Well into his 30's and he's still that fucking stupid!

On 23/04/2023 at 10:59, Creator Supreme said:

Speaking of Wor Horse, I was watching Sky Sports on Wednesday night when they were covering the CL and Championship Games and Carroll was hilarious for Reading.

In 5 minutes in the second half he managed to give them the lead with a cracking header, then it looked like he'd put them 2 up in the same way. However an eagle eyed lino spotted he'd handballed it in.

Cue disallowed goal, second yellow card, red card. Luton then equalised putting Reading back in the bottom 3!

Well into his 30's and he's still that fucking stupid!

He was having murder with a fan in the crowd last week and all. Still playing while pissed as a fart and I love him for it. 

Carroll-goal-Part-2.gif

• Upvote 1

Unpopular opinion is that I like Andy Carroll, always have. His knee fucked up what little there was to his game outside of aerial ability, and we grossly overpaid for him. But he had more talent than people give him credit for. 

Also helps whenever I see him I think of him sweeping that goal in against city.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Unpopular opinion is that I like Andy Carroll, always have. His knee fucked up what little there was to his game outside of aerial ability, and we grossly overpaid for him. But he had more talent than people give him credit for. 

Also helps whenever I see him I think of him sweeping that goal in against city.

He was shit,

He's a square peg in a round hole

He will be a good player somewhere but I don't see it here unless we change how we play. He's the 5th forward and not really good enough considering his price. 

He will be here next year though so I'd be putting him into the Europa League team to start every game with the likes of Carvalho,Tsimikas,Elliot,Bajectic,Doak  and Ramsey

He seems to look lost to me. When he comes on we look very disjointed. Language barrier not helping. He’s certainly not a left sided player but he’s shown glimpses so let’s hope he can take this season of learning and kick on next season.

36 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He's the 5th forward and not really good enough considering his price. 

And he's only 5th forward at the moment due to Firmino's injury.

The Klopp/Thiago/Nunez substitution thing was fucking weird as well.

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He'll be sold at a big loss. Another Benteke, Carroll signing. 

A Benteke level loss would be palatable and probably something that might be considered. 

I like him and think he will be useful in a rebuilt side. Some are hung up on the fee thinking he has to be in the starting 11 just based on that. It is sunk money at this point. Move on, far bigger worries in the side.

49 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

A Benteke level loss would be palatable and probably something that might be considered. 

I like him and think he will be useful in a rebuilt side. Some are hung up on the fee thinking he has to be in the starting 11 just based on that. It is sunk money at this point. Move on, far bigger worries in the side.

It's not that because of his price he should be playing, it's that you should be seeing signs of his performances forcing the need for him to play, especially given the head start this season because of injuries to others.

Instead he seems to be slipping further and further down the pecking order at both left wing and striker to the point where we're going to start seeing Jones at false 9 before Klopp puts Nunez up top.

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's not that because of his price he should be playing, it's that you should be seeing signs of his performances forcing the need for him to play, especially given the head start this season because of injuries to others.

Instead he seems to be slipping further and further down the pecking order at both left wing and striker to the point where we're going to start seeing Jones at false 9 before Klopp puts Nunez up top.

Ehh, maybe. If anything Gakpo has won the spot on merit - so that is exactly what you are saying - just a different guy. Who many wrote off a couple weeks in.

Diaz is a top left sided attacker - he shouldn't be getting in there if he is fit and rocking. 

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I like Nunez, but I'm starting to think Klopp doesn't. Whether it's an ability thing or something else I don't know. 

I think Jurgen is focused on tightening things up as much as possible at the moment so is picking the best pressers up front (usual exemption for Mo). It looks like Nunez will have to bide his time until the midfield is strengthened. 

• Upvote 3