You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (H) - Sat 30th Oct 2021 (3:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Why can't we do that though? 

We should have after the amount of scares they gave us throughout the first 60. We did it 2 years ago when we went to ten men when Allison got sent off. We also had a lot of close 1 goal victories that were way above average. Brentford and today is 4 points lost. We weren't losing them points then. That will cost us in the long run. 

8 minutes ago, m0e said:

What about Fabinho, Thiago, or Milner ?

Or should we ignore all of those mercenaries?

To be honest Fabinho was the most missed. We needed someone to put a tackle in and stop them running straight at our defence, but Gini actually plays the ball forward. I've never seen our midfield overrun by a team like that when Gini played. Jones just plays the safest low risk pass every time. Neither he nor Chamberlain have any clue where they should be from a positional perspective. I'd call them headless chickens, but that'd be offensive to headless chickens, because at least headless chickens run around a bit. 

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Jones needs to knuckle down and learn the hard part of midfield work. He's in danger of becoming a bit Tom Davies. All silky little touches and applause in his own head, oblivious to runners and where he should be. Honestly thought he'd develop into a starter for us.

Never have I ever heard that about Tom Davies, even from the most blue-blinkered folk over on GOT.

We're making a habit of surrendering leads this season. It needs to be addressed, even if the solution is to play more pragmatically.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Midfield is bad... when 4 of them are missing through injuries.

I'd guess that's true of every team.

General question if anyone can answer - was Thiago always a complete sicknote or is he just excelling in the role for us? 

Sigh....

Opportunity missed, and mainly shows us 2 things.

1. Brighton are a very good footballing side.

2. We can't afford off days.

Player wise, I'd consider giving Van Dijk and Robbo a few games off. Van Dijk just doesn't look right, and is too lacksadaisical (sp?), while Robbo has been mediocre most of the season. Tsimikas is much more dangerous going forward, and would help us with our set pieces for the moment.

A rare off day for Salah and Firmino, Mane best of the front three today. Thought the entire midfield was poor.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Boss said:

To be honest Fabinho was the most missed. We needed someone to put a tackle in and stop them running straight at our defence, but Gini actually plays the ball forward. I've never seen our midfield overrun by a team like that when Gini played. Jones just plays the safest low risk pass every time. Neither he nor Chamberlain have any clue where they should be from a positional perspective. I'd call them headless chickens, but that'd be offensive to headless chickens, because at least headless chickens run around a bit. 

Nah, he didn't.

Midfield needed turnover this summer. Gini was the one chosen to go. He shouldn't have been the only one.

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

We lost the same fixture last year with Gini in the team.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Lack of a midfield costs us, again. Hard to understand why the powers that be can't see it when literally everyone on this forum can.

Not everyone.  There's people on here would rather hang this on Klopp than the owners for some strange reason.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nah, he didn't.

Midfield needed turnover this summer. Gini was the one chosen to go. He shouldn't have been the only one.

Chosen by whom? I got the distinct impression Klopp would have liked him to stay but the powers that be wouldn't pay the wages.

Who's buying the other candidates for leaving at anything other than a massive loss? And do we sell players at massive losses these days?

Just now, aRdja said:

We lost the same fixture last year with Gini in the team.

True, but that wasn't on Gini. We had four fit centre backs today and we bossed that game up until two of the midfielders decided to walk around with their hands on their hips and actively hide when we were in possession. Firmino and Konate were dreadful as well, not going to lie, but nobody was tracking any of their midfield runners. They made Henderson look a tit out there because he was constantly bombing back, trying, and failing, to put out the fires.

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

Chosen by whom? I got the distinct impression Klopp would have liked him to stay but the powers that be wouldn't pay the wages.

Who's buying the other candidates for leaving at anything other than a massive loss? And do we sell players at massive losses these days?

It was a collective decision, obviously. Let's not act like we didn't need freshening up in midfield and you can't give everybody new deals.

The others, I don't know. Some stupid team would buy Ox. 

17 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

More like a toxic waste dump. The fella in Robocop who drives into the toxic waste dump is more durable than Keita.

I think Keita was quite ready after the Pogba tackle and a little bit of a panic move today to avoid having to play the Ox.

The lack of investment, plus the Afcon are going to fuck us up too much for a title challenge this season.

Chelsea look imperious. Only 5 points dropped (Us and City) 3 goals conceded and they are scoring plenty of goals even when Lukaku and Werner don't play.

Considering how poor the rest of the league is, we will probably finish second or third this season.