Quantcast
Summer 2021 transfer thread. - Page 132 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
manwiththestick

Summer 2021 transfer thread.

7 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Not sure Butch. If Mbappe runs his contract down, we could get him for relatively speaking fuck all given how good he is. They know that they could sell him on for a gigantic profit to say Real two or three years after buying him. Very possible we sell Sadio or Mo next year to fund the deal anyway. 

If Mbappe doesn't renew his contract, Real Madrid will move heaven and earth to get him next summer, and he has made it clear that it is his dream to play for them one day. Why would Real Madrid give us a huge profit on him when they could pick him up for free? 

I think the only way we would get him would be to move this summer. Ideally we could offer say Mane plus 30/40 million?

As I've said before though, we like the idea of signing Mbappe, because of the amount of clicks it generates and the perception that we could sign him makes us look like we are right back at the top level, but in reality it's not the type of signing I ever see us doing under this ownership model. 

3 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

If Mbappe doesn't renew his contract, ...

I think the only way we would get him would be to move this summer. Ideally we could offer say Mane plus 30/40 million?

As I've said before though, we like the idea of signing Mbappe, because of the amount of clicks it generates and the perception that we could sign him makes us look like we are right back at the top level, but in reality it's not the type of signing I ever see us doing under this ownership model. 

Mane plus 30-40m for Mbappe?

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, polymerpunkah said:

Sign Davies from Bayern, put him back on the wing.

They're wasting his talents at left back.

I'd pay a billion pounds for Phonzie. 

If we’re definitely keeping Naby then we won’t need to replace Gini. Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago to start the bigger games and Jones, Keita, Ox, and Milner as rotation options. A centre forward is a more pressing need IMO

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

If we’re definitely keeping Naby then we won’t need to replace Gini. Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago to start the bigger games and Jones, Keita, Ox, and Milner as rotation options. A centre forward is a more pressing need IMO

Keita and Ox will probably be injured for 70% of the season. Hendo injury record is getting concerning(only played over 30 league games twice in six seasons). 

Milner as much as he can do a job just isnt there anymore to play more than the odd game. 

6 minutes ago, Red74 said:

We’ve only got Robbo and the front 3 who can stay fit. We’re fucked if weve exhausted these.

Trents good and i honestly wouldn't put Virg in with the malingers,never injured until a short armed cretin clattered him

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

That is the same 'Naby' as the one who has played the full 90 mins for us 3 times in our last 76 league games and been unavailable for the vast majority of them?

Wijnaldum has been pretty much our only reliable midfielder for a while now and i just can't see who fills his shoes in terms of that availability and reliability, which relying on your rotating cast of permacrocks, an ageing Milner and the still with a lot to prove Jones will IMO cause us real problems and leave us struggling as soon as one of the hardly unbreakable Henderson or Fabinho go down - which they will....problems with the cover not being available and problems with it leading to chopping and changing and as a result struggling for fluency/consistency.

For my money we need to add in there.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I think it's clear we're going to add at least one midfielder. Curtis can step up some in terms of the minutes he plays but you can't have an ever-present player like Gini leave without addressing the position at all.

It's looking a little bit like we could end up with one defender (Konate), one midfielder (Neuhaus?) and one forward (Daka?) at the end of the window. For me, if we can do that without selling anyone important, maybe just Origi, Shaqiri, Minamino, Grujic, and Wilson (and maybe one of Keita and Ox?), I'd be pretty satisfied.

Maybe a bit light at fullback depth (is Tsimikas alive?) but overall, that team at least competes for a title IMO barring another injury plague at one position.

21 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Maybe a bit light at fullback depth (is Tsimikas alive?) but overall, that team at least competes for a title IMO barring another injury plague at one position.

Club have offered a new contract to Larouci as well. He should help with the HG quota as well as being a backup for LBs.

Club have refused to sell Tsimikas to Napoli (I think) so either they want him to stay and fight or are expecting a higher fee.

5 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Club have offered a new contract to Larouci as well. He should help with the HG quota as well as being a backup for LBs.

Club have refused to sell Tsimikas to Napoli (I think) so either they want him to stay and fight or are expecting a higher fee.

He left the club last month 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, aRdja said:

FSG like your thinking. 

We’re not monitoring Neuhaus in the Euros. It’s nonsense. Why would we? International football won’t tell you how a player is on a week-to-week basis. We already know everything we need to know from Edwards running his last couple of seasons through his computer. If we’re waiting, it’s to shift deadwood so we can free up funds, or because we’re not really interested (at this point at least).

14 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Really?

image.png

Mickey Edwards has checked the engine out and reckons it's sound. Klopp wants to respray with a view to selling on for a profit in a couple of years.

John Henry is happy to sanction what he sees as a low risk investment.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

That is the same 'Naby' as the one who has played the full 90 mins for us 3 times in our last 76 league games and been unavailable for the vast majority of them?

Wijnaldum has been pretty much our only reliable midfielder for a while now and i just can't see who fills his shoes in terms of that availability and reliability, which relying on your rotating cast of permacrocks, an ageing Milner and the still with a lot to prove Jones will IMO cause us real problems and leave us struggling as soon as one of the hardly unbreakable Henderson or Fabinho go down - which they will....problems with the cover not being available and problems with it leading to chopping and changing and as a result struggling for fluency/consistency.

For my money we need to add in there.

Im tired of having to repeat this and read posts like this, which are 100% correct.

Do we ever learn like? You could see these situations happening a mile off, and yet the same people defend the club and its decisions.

Keita is finished. Ox is finished. Shaqiri is finished. Gini has gone. Milner is on his last legs. The midfield needs a refresh big style. Pay the fucking money like I would expect a club of our stature to do. We've seen what happens when we do the bare minimum and its cost us over the years.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Mickey Edwards has checked the engine out and reckons it's sound. Klopp wants to respray with a view to selling on for a profit in a couple of years.

iQp1grI.jpg

10 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Im tired of having to repeat this and read posts like this, which are 100% correct.

Do we ever learn like? You could see these situations happening a mile off, and yet the same people defend the club and its decisions.

Keita is finished. Ox is finished. Shaqiri is finished. Gini has gone. Milner is on his last legs. The midfield needs a refresh big style. Pay the fucking money like I would expect a club of our stature to do. We've seen what happens when we do the bare minimum and its cost us over the years.

And just to add...im not talking about mbappe or Sancho, just the players Jurgen wants whether they are 10, 20 or 40 million and as many as he thinks he needs.

14 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Really?

image.png

21 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

John Henry is happy to sanction what he sees as a low risk investment.

As far as Maestro's go that's a minter.