Quantcast
Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Wallace & Gromit vs Rocky - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Wallace & Gromit vs Rocky

Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Wallace & Gromit vs Rocky  

49 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Movie Franchise Tournament - Round 1 - Wallace & Gromit vs Rocky

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/01/21 at 15:35

I'd insert an 'if he dies, he dies' gif if I was that way inclined. Rocky win, the referee calling a halt to the round, after Wallace failed to come out for the first. 

Two of the great underdog DIY stories in cinema. Both ending with upset wins at the Oscars.

The Rocky series is hindered by some patchy quality, but even at the height of that Rocky 4 hit a sweet spot - can't help but love it.

Wallace and Gromit stretches to several great TV series, including prolific (and brilliant) Shaun the Sheep and across loads of media - even sculpture with all those Gromits around the place. 

Closer for me than many seem to think. The best of both is Rocky and The Wrong Trousers, Rocky wins out of those two, still need to think whether the sheer amount from Aardman outweighs that.

Edit: Nah that theme tips the balance. Goosebumps in the cinema.

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Rocky is the AC/DC of movie franchises.

The first one was enjoyable enough, as I recall. The rest were just increasingly stupid reruns.

Out of the thread with you

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Rocky is the AC/DC of movie franchises.

The first one was enjoyable enough, as I recall. The rest were just increasingly stupid reruns.

Do fuck off 

A bastard of a draw. Wallace & Gromit combines hugely entertaining stories with heart and technical excellence. The Rocky series is also hugely entertaining and has more continuity and character depth than it's given credit for. That said, there hasn't been a shit W&G yet, whereas Rocky V exists. Aardman Animations gets my vote, just.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Wallace and Grimit has the greatest villain of the franchises. 

And one of the greatest lines.

"Good grief! It's you!"

• Upvote 1

Getting involved in this stupid tournament against my better judgement. Rocky is the right answer, by the way.

Can I suggest the next tournament be peoples Mas? I'd quite like to know if the forum thinks Tony's ma would batter Stigs ma. I'd put my own ma in but she's been dead 20 years, which in my book is a disqualifying factor.