Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Joe Anderson, Derek Hatton arrested among others....

As much as i wouldn't trust Anderson as far as i could throw him wouldn't shock me if this somewhat political aswell. Take attention away from the Government giving all their mates contracts 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

He's 72 and lives around Aigburth. 

I know that and assume the same but I just stating I haven't actually seen his name officially anywhere. 

The interrogation tactics on this are a piece of piss, starve him for 5 hours and he'll give up the full operation for a snickers and a can of coke.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

4 no shows, 3 no works, couple of carpenter jobs and speak to our friend at the joint fitters union.

Will Sue Cook be in attendance? 

Metro mentioning Hatton now. 

The Mayor of Liverpool has been suspended from the Labour Party after he was arrested in connection with bribery offences and witness intimidation. Joe Anderson, 62, was taken into custody on Friday along with four other men, the Liverpool Echo reports. It comes after police launched an investigation into building and development contracts in the northern city. It is believed Mr Anderson has been administratively suspended from the Labour Party, pending the outcome of the case.

Former deputy leader of the council Derek Hatton, 72, has also been arrested in connection with the ‘ongoing investigation’, Metro.co.uk understands.

Officers did not confirm the two politicians’ identities but said a man, 62, from Old Swan had been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit bribery and witness intimidation. A man, 72, from Aigburth, has also been arrested on suspicion of witness intimidation.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/04/mayor-of-liverpool-arrested-in-connection-with-bribery-offences-13703104/?ito=cbshare