You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

moof

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m assuming you’ve got skin in the game seeing as you keep throwing the word bigot around. But the simple fact is Qatari law punishes “offending Islam”. If I went there with a bible in my suitcase, they’d jail me. 

How is that welcoming to the non-Muslim visitors? 

Would they? Are you mates with Tommy Robinson or something 

3 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Have they stopped them? No point in hypothetical.

Don't think Fifa would allow them, but it would be the right thing to do from Fifa and them. Russia is the precedent. 

Ignore the hypothetical then as you can’t / won’t answer it. 

What about an Israeli football supporter, with an Israeli passport? He / she just wants to go and enjoy the tournament and see some of the worlds best in the flesh. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

What about an Israeli football supporter, with an Israeli passport? He / she just wants to go and enjoy the tournament and see some of the worlds best in the flesh. 

Or indeed any Jewish fans of other countries. I bet they’re queuing up to go.  

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

I think I answered it

1 minute ago, ManéMan said:

@Em Citywhy don't you respond with some coherent arguments instead of negging away...it's ok you don't have to remain a closet bigot here.

Yes, you're famed for your coherent arguments. I've better things to do with my weekend than engage in pointless 'debate'with a tedious, crumb-covered braindead like you.

I'll certainly not be taking lessons on bigotry from someone who frequently uses 'retarded' as an adjective or calls women 'bimbos'.

In short, fuck off you rancid cunt.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Em City said:

Yes, you're famed for your coherent arguments. I've better things to do with my weekend than engage in pointless 'debate'with a tedious, crumb-covered braindead like you.

I'll certainly not be taking lessons on bigotry from someone who frequently uses 'retarded' as an adjective or calls women 'bimbos'.

In short, fuck off you rancid cunt.

Clearly you haven't you imbecile, lurking away reading all my posts and reacting to every one of them.

Just now, ManéMan said:

Clearly you haven't you imbecile, lurking away reading all my posts and reacting to every one of them.

By lurking, you mean reading the thread? I understand the distinction might be lost on you. 

Nobody wants you here, Hades. Fuck back to 4Chan with all the other basement dwellers.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Captain Turdseye said:

Got to love the World Cup. What a spectacle. Bringing the world together. 

IMO, alcohol and inclusivity have been covered. 

So what about the construction workers.

I can’t find the football stats but quick Google shows the Olympic construction deaths…

Of all the Olympics held over the last 30 years, there has been 116 construction deaths. London 2012 had 0.

Qatar has had >6k. 

@ManéMan - Can you kindly explain that please? 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

No you fuck off with your retarded nonsense. I used bimbo because that's exactly how she's come across there and it's typical of the bigoted western mindset including yours and many on here

It’s true ‘the west’ can’t lecture people on morality historically speaking. The British empire especially was horrific in its crimes abroad. And I understand racism is a sensitive topic.

But it’s not really being imperialistic to think slaves shouldn’t be used in 2022, and worked to death to build stadiums. How political is locking up people for being gay for 7 years? 
That’s not cultural differences or conservative sensibilities, it’s fucking evil.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

It’s true ‘the west’ can’t lecture people on morality historically speaking. The British empire especially was horrific in its crimes abroad. And I understand racism is a sensitive topic.

But it’s not really being imperialistic to think slaves shouldn’t be used in 2022, and worked to death to build stadiums. How political is locking up people for being gay for 7 years? 
That’s not cultural differences or conservative sensibilities, it’s fucking evil.

Only historically speaking?

1 minute ago, ManéMan said:

Can they get bummed in the open and does it have shared toilets though, let's focus on the necessities 

Eh? I clearly put without the sexual abuse.

Can you kindly respond to My point on Israeli football supporters wanting to visit Qatar and the deaths constructing the stadium. 

Those are necessity questions you’ve avoided.