You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Women's World Cup

13 minutes ago, Special K said:

I thought SD was referring to the fact that Dudek was on the 6 yard line before the Milan players took their pens

I don't think of that as a case for VAR; more a case for the ref to do his job. Dudek was almost reaching the ball before the penalty takers did.

Not that I'm arsed, like!

Guest Pistonbroke
On 19/06/2019 at 22:56, TheDrowningMan said:

That rule in conjunction with VAR is going to result in a shitload of penalties being retaken. You just know it’ll reach boiling point when some clown in charge of an important game orders a retake for an infringement by the keeper despite the penalty being scored.

Just read that the PL won't be using VAR for this scenario and instead rely on the linesmen/line officials are whatever they are called. Common sense prevails. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I have nothing against the England Women's team but it would be funny if Cameroon, or if not Norway beat them, for no other reason than to show up Phill Neville for being shit, even at this level. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

She might play for the other team,given how a fair few ladies in the game do. They are generally much better looking than the Billie Jean King type of sportswomen.

She can bring her Girlfriend along as well. I'm sure she's heterosexual though. 

She's only 5' 4'' so that bird next to her must be about 4' 6'' 

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, J-V said:

As I said in the last Cameroon game these lot are fucking filthy scum.

Using the word 'Scum' is a bit harsh. They are very physical, that's just how they are coached. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, J-V said:

As I said, scum.  Point proven further within minutes.  Fucking filth spitting on the England player.

So the whole team are scum due to one player's action or a few physical tackles? Get a grip lad. 

3 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

So the whole team are scum due to one player's action or a few physical tackles? Get a grip lad. 

They go out of their way to take players out every game. As shown by the spitting, scum.

And yes an elbow in the face (not the first time) is physical ahaha you pleb.

9 minutes ago, J-V said:

As I said, scum.  Point proven further within minutes.  Fucking filth spitting on the England player.

Yep, disgusting. I thought VAR was being used for sending off offences? Cameroon should be down to 9.

What would you make of the Cameroon men's team circa 1990? Granted they never spat at anybody, but they were 'exuberant' in everything they did. None of those snidey Portugal-style breaking-up-play fouls but proper welly-your-opponent-into-the-air-in-front-of-the-ref stuff. Benjamin Massing would be a nobody if it weren't for that tackle on Claudio Caniggia.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

It 's clearly wrong, but it happens in most leagues with the physical teams trying to level the field. The Pl is not without its fair share of dirty players.