You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Question time in the US of A on thursday

Stu Monty

If Kerry doesn't win, the world is fucked. If Kerry wins, we're just a little fucked.

Which reminds me of my favourite story. Back in the Reagan days of sabre-rattling (remember his radio speech, we've declared Russian an evil empire and begin bombing in five minutes-hahaha) a British Columbia peacenik decided he'd had enough, the world was going to implode in nuclear holocaust and he was screwing off to the place he decided was the safest. He put hundreds of hours of research into this, studying prevailing wind patterns, which countries were least likey to be targets. Dude went the whole distance. He publicized it, made the papers, television programs,etc. And off he went to his Garden of Eden, never to be touched by war. The year was late 1981.

His Garden of Eden, his remote spot on the planet where he could avoid war, live in peace and harmony, the safest place on the planet in the early 1980s??

The Falkland Islands.

Should be interesting to see whether the patronising, draw you a picture and laminate it Moore turns up or the Cutting through the shit and not letting you lie your way through an answer Moore turns up.

I love what he does but sometimes he can seem to twist things so they make evil people seem even eviler...not neccessary mate.

He could try and accept that not every issue he's campaigning on is black or white.He's starting to come over as a propogandist rather than a serious commentator and in the end that will completely dilute the message as he'll end up preaching only to the converted.

He could try and accept that not every issue he's campaigning on is black or white.He's starting to come over as a propogandist rather than a serious commentator and in the end that will completely dilute the message as he'll end up preaching only to the converted.

Yeah fair point - not sure he's ever wanted to be seen as a serious commentator tho , humour and shooting straight from the hip has always been his best qualities imo.

Shame he's thrown his weight behind the democrats - four years ago he was condemning other people for doing the same 'the evil of two lessers' and all that.

Yeah fair point - not sure he's ever wanted to be seen as a serious commentator tho , humour and shooting straight from the hip has always been his best qualities imo.

Shame he's thrown his weight behind the democrats - four years ago he was condemning other people for doing the same 'the evil of two lessers' and all that.

The priority has to be to get rid of Bush though BCP surely?

The priority has to be to get rid of Bush though BCP surely?

I don't think there would be much difference quite honestly - granted Bush is a complete cunt but I don't think Kerry is a lot better. If you believe he is then you're buying in to the illusion that there is a choice on offer. Kerry isn't talking about withdrawl from Iraq - he's just going to 'manage' it slightly differently. I don't think he's offering any significantly different policies.

Good article by John Pilger about this:

http://www.counterpunch.org/pilger08232004.html

But yeah I'm fucking tired of seeing that shaven monkey on my tv every night.

That programme last night lost any sense of credibility when it moved along the panel to some prick who writes for the S*n!!! WHAT???

Check out all the hollering and whooping etc as well. It was like fucking Jerry Springer not Question Time. Pathetic.

That bloke who kept shouting over the guy who worked for Clinton was a cretin. Went on about unsubstantiated allegations about disenfrachising blacks without any of the facts and was then put completely in his place by the woman who works for the Miami electoral committee.

In black areas (democrats) if a ballot was spoiled the machine eat it and it didn't count

In white areas (Republican) if a ballot was spoiled it got kicked out, you re-marked it and it counted.

This was known about before it happened and was let slide by the democrats.

Littlejohn was such a cock as always, saying that it was wrong of Moore to poke fun at Bush. Jesus!

In early voting in Florida the republicans are manning the voting stations in black areas with heavies and a lawyer armed with a voting list so they can pull up people they don't like the look of and "check eligibility to vote".Causing big queues apparently.

In early voting in Florida the republicans are manning the voting stations in black areas with heavies and a lawyer armed with a voting list so they can pull up people they don't like the look of and "check eligibility to vote".Causing big queues apparently.
i can't believe they're getting away with this shit AGAIN!!!!

For a full breakdown on what happened last time buy "The best democracy money can buy" by Greg Palast. Great book that tells it all. Also has stuff about the world bank raping countries which is unbelievable.

Yeah its a cracking read - good stuff about Blair and the Labour Govt too. According to Palast even the yanks couldn't believe how much Blair has bought into all that world bank/ globalization shit - that arsehole consistently supports the opposite of what you would imagine a Labour Prime Minister should.