You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The BBC

Dougie Do'ins

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did he do that?

Did he

a). Only block Jews who pointed out the error?

b). Block people who pointed it out politely?

(Genuine question; this is the first I've heard of this.)

I'm conflating two tweets of his. He definitely didn't correct his mistake, however the blockings came shortly after another similar bullshit tweet he accepted at face value.

11 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I'm conflating two tweets of his. He definitely didn't correct his mistake, however the blockings came shortly after another similar bullshit tweet he accepted at face value.

OK, same two questions about the blockings arising from this other tweet.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

OK, same two questions about the blockings arising from this other tweet.

As you can see I am hardly armed with the full array of facts here. I just remember being disappointed that he didn't acknowledge anyone who pointed out that it wasn't a murder but a shootout with security forces. It was a bit snide.

• Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Strontium said:

As you can see I am hardly armed with the full array of facts here. I just remember being disappointed that he didn't acknowledge anyone who pointed out that it wasn't a murder but a shootout with security forces. It was a bit snide.

The way you phrased your claim about him "blocking Jews who politely pointed out" his error is a clear insinuation of anti-Semitism. Probably best to get the full array of facts before doing that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The way you phrased your claim about him "blocking Jews who politely pointed out" his error is a clear insinuation of anti-Semitism. Probably best to get the full array of facts before doing that.

And why are they dragging it back into the light now? 

25 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

It looks clear cut. Calling a broadcaster a paedo apologist is pretty damaging to their reputation. This is the problem with being a shock jock, it’s a high wire act with no safety net. Eventually you libel someone or say something so outrageous you fall off. 

Not if you can prove that he was making excuses for the behavior in question. I have no knowledge of this but the legal argument is different than the moral one.

5 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I watch MOTD, especially if we've won. The pundits and commentators are better than the tossers on Sky! 

Last night's show was the telly equivalent of scab behaviour. BBC should be ashamed of themselves! 

Which is precisely why I refused to watch it.

Anyone who did gets tarred with the same brush as far as I'm concerned. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear it got higher viewing figures than usual.

Like slowing down as you pass a car crash.

I think you're probably right. Unfortunately. 

Edit.

https://news.sky.com/story/gary-lineker-latest-stars-pull-out-of-match-of-the-day-as-some-britons-cancel-tv-licence-over-bbc-row-12830851

The likes of Stephen Pollard and the Jewbots are not good people. 

Lineker is absolutely correct, 1930's Germany was a slowly turning screw, demonising the outsiders.  

No, I don't want uncontrolled immigration, that's why I voted Remain, by the way.  

But I also don't want to kill these people, or consider them the biggest problem we face.  They aren't my enemy. But the Tories paint them as sub-human.  That's exactly what the Nazi's fed into the machine before they went full psycho. 

For Pollard and his ilk to argue otherwise is staggering, though is providing the clarity that many have needed to weigh these twats in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear it got higher viewing figures than usual.

Like slowing down as you pass a car crash.

I believe it did, although undoubtedly for the reasons you mention.

Here's someone who enjoyed the new format. Didn't have him down as a football fan before today.

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did he do that?

Did he

a). Only block Jews who pointed out the error?

b). Block people who pointed it out politely?

(Genuine question; this is the first I've heard of this.)

No. More lies 

4 hours ago, Strontium said:

Remember Shireen? The journalist who was apparently shot in a shootout and killed by a Palestinian ricochet when it quickly unravelled and she was murdered in cold blood by an IDF sniper? Wasn’t the lie after lie a bit snide?  Can people be forgiven for assuming murder seeing as it’s happening almost daily? Dickhead 

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It’s what he does 

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

This gobshite is going to have to grow a lot of concrete to pay for his legal bills.

God I hate that cunt I hope O’Brien destroys him. 

29 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Lineker has inadvertently got an awful lot of  people tieing themselves in knots over a single tweet.

Lineker didn't directly mention Nazis.

Yet here is a Conservative MP.

20230312_151501.jpg

Typical hypocrisy. Cunt rag