You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scruff Behaviour

Section_31

The Mrs recently met her mate who's become a grandmother for the first time in the last 18 months. She had the grandkids with her at the time and one of them had holes in their shoes. The family are all reasonably well to do although not minted, and she told my Mrs she reckons they put these shoes on the kids when she's taking them out because they want her to buy them some new ones. 

Any other examples of scruff behaviour? 

• Upvote 1

See my 'Wearing joggers to the boozer' thread.

Taking your kids to McDonald's for their tea.

Visible tattoos.

Littering.

Grown ups wearing F**tball jerseys down the street.

Blokes not wearing socks.

Listening to Eminem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Mook said:

Visible tattoos.

Littering.

Listening to Eminem.

An occasional (once every  6 months) McDonalds as a treat is OK.

And what's an invisible tattoo?

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Mook said:

Visible tattoos.

Littering.

Listening to Eminem.

I agree with most of those, but there’s nothing wrong with the occasional McDonald’s. It’s just a cheaper version of those gourmet burger places (Byron etc.), that people happily take their kids to and pay about £10 per burger. However, threatening your kids at high volume in public, in front of everyone, with not having Maccies if they don’t behave, is scruff behaviour.

As is swearing at your kids, especially in public. I’m always shocked when I hear people calling their kids “cunts”.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

An occasional (once every  6 months) McDonalds as a treat is OK.

And what's an invisible tattoo?

Aye, I meant more people who take their kids to McDonald's all the time (I know people who do & their kids are three or four). Personally I never go in the place, neither does my missus so our kids won't be going in there until they can pay for it themselves.

I should've just put 'tattoos' but I meant the people who turn up to work with a shirt & tie on & you can see a tattoo going up their neck, looks fucking horrific.

I once witnessed the following example of scruff behaviour. A mother and her son were food shopping. The kid (under ten) was standing in the front of the trolley and the mother passed him a box of eggs, which he began to piss about with, cue the mother: “Break them eggs and I’ll fucking headbutt you”.

• Upvote 7

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

I once witnessed the following example of scruff behaviour. A mother and her son were food shopping. The kid (under ten) was standing in the front of the trolley and the mother passed him a box of eggs, which he began to piss about with, cue the mother: “Break them eggs and I’ll fucking headbutt you”.

God bless me ma.

• Upvote 2

Spitting on the floor every couple of minutes/making exaggerated snorting noises.

Hands down keks/ not washing your hands.

Picking half finished ciggies up off the floor and keeping them. Also asking random strangers for ciggies because you are too tight to buy your own

Robbing your neighbours spare wheelie bin.

Blagging being on a bus/building or accident to claim compensation.

Smoking pot constantly.

Fighting/swearing in front of kids. 

Clothes constantly smelling of damp and never being aware of the smell. 

Throwing litter on the floor/out the car. The amount of scruffy twats who go to Crosby beach in the summer who leave tons of shite lying round is unbelievable.

People who let their dogs shit everywhere without cleaning up. People who let their dogs attack smaller dogs or use them to intimidate people. 

Having full scale arguments on the phone with someone and forcing everyone to listen to your inane shite.

Playing shite music loudly on public transport. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

"Hands down keks"

Consider me full scruff. Nothing better than watching a film when the family have fucked off for the day, sitting in lounge wear with the hands down the kecks. 

I don't see the appeal of that at all. I only touch my cock to piss, wank, shag and to wash it.