You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

On 04/12/2023 at 20:38, Barrington Womble said:

If they're guilty, there's more to come because it's fraud and tax avoidance to consider if you look at what was hacked. I realise the government won't want to go down that path, but they might not have control of it if there's a guilty verdict. 

If they're found guilty then there's more to come because the charges only go to 2018 because that's when they caught on that they were being investigated and stopped letting the Premier League have any access to their accounts, God only knows what kind of shenanigans they've been hiding since then. 

Isn’t refusing to submit full accounts a breach of the rules in itself? If so, the Prem should start off with that single charge (which should be easy to prove) and  deduct points for that before moving onto the 115 others. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

If they're found guilty then there's more to come because the charges only go to 2018 because that's when they caught on that they were being investigated and stopped letting the Premier League have any access to their accounts, God only knows what kind of shenanigans they've been hiding since then. 

I hadn't realised they'd refused to submit accounts, I thought doing that was a condition of entry into the competition. I just thought they were only not charged more recently because the PL have no evidence of wrong doing and only have prior to that because of the hacks and the subsequent UEFA case. 

21 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

What the fuck is the little weird cunt on about now, far be it from me to suggest he might be feeling a bit of pressure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67671051

It's not fair? Boohoo. Don't fucking work for a bunch of human rights abusing, sportswashing cheats then you fucking drugs cheat. 

21 hours ago, Trumo said:

Like Robert Mugabe claiming elections were rigged if he won less than 107% of the vote.

Reminds me of that old joke that gets churned out when a footballer gets accused of match fixing, and they release a statement saying “I completely refute all allegations of match fixing and maintain my total innocence on the matter. I look forward to being back for our 1-1 draw with QPR at the weekend”

Makes me laugh every time

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, John102 said:

I'm sure it will be more day by day than week by week.

Also, it's great Carra has had a go at them there but it would be great if he was doing this more often and not only when someone has taken the piss out of him.

Plus, he added on a “I was bigging you up” in a sort of “why you having a go at me?” on at the end, in a desperate plea to be liked by Guardiola.

Carra can do one - he’s thin skinned and has a huge ego - that’s what provoked his response to it. He wasn’t saying fuck all before 

• Upvote 1