You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

4 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Yeah, good point. City have acquired a knack, or something, of managing to screw big fees for their discards. Sterling and Jesus, approaching last years of their contracts, went for £47.5m and £45m respectively, they got serious money for Laporte and Mahrez, and how they got £55m from near destitute Barca for Ferran Torres is a complete mystery. And £20m for the young goalie they sold to Burnley?!! Must have some really good negotiators. 

some of them look weird. as you say torres and that keeper especially. i think the fee for sterling was not unreasonable though. i didn't realise jesus was that much, i thought he was about 30m. and laporte and mahrez were both saudi sales weren't they, so not a great deal different to the money we got for henderson and fab. 

32 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

IMG_1968.thumb.jpeg.40e75dbe24e36f3e625a53f5597ffb22.jpeg

IMG_1967.thumb.jpeg.262396ff9ad7ca4a9b5ab28d4c535e7a.jpeg

If only Alan Turing wasn’t dead someone would be able to crack the code of what they’re up to.

I don’t think we need somebody as smart as Alan Turing to work out those figures will be bollocks. 

What’s in Man City’s accounts is likely 100% accurate to the penny, how they got into the other companies accounts is more the question. 

4 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Apparently they have an injury crisis with Ederson, Ake, Stones, Nunes, Kovacic joining De Bruyne on the treatment table.

I bet at least three out of Ederson, Ake ,Nunes and Kovacic mysteriously recover in time for our game.

I bet they are all fit and they resurrect Colin Bell for their “Legends Suite”. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They are cheats and have killed the league. They have stolen titles and trophies from others and the entire league is a fucking farce by just ignoring it as though everything is legit.

Agreed. Just watched the last Welcome to Wrexham when they won the league and got promoted. The outcome of emotion, fans, players, directors in tears of joy.  We’ve been denied this three times by these cheats.  19/20 was great and we got that monkey of our back but I want to win it in front of fans like it should be done.  

2 hours ago, DaveT said:

Yeah, good point. City have acquired a knack, or something, of managing to screw big fees for their discards. Sterling and Jesus, approaching last years of their contracts, went for £47.5m and £45m respectively, they got serious money for Laporte and Mahrez, and how they got £55m from near destitute Barca for Ferran Torres is a complete mystery. And £20m for the young goalie they sold to Burnley?!! Must have some really good negotiators. 

Their academy is their gravy train. They have a knack of getting all the parents of the best young players in the world to come live in Manchester. The Saint that was Abramovich had the same gift. They must be £200m up in sales in the last 2 years from kids they have sold.

The list below all goes in as pure profit for FFP as academy costs don't count. Whatever amount their parents were given to mop floors at the Etihad doesn't need to be expensed.

Cole Palmer – Chelsea – £42.5m

Kelechi Iheanacho – Leicester – £25m

Romeo Lavia – Southampton – £22.5m

Brahim Diaz – Real Madrid – £22m

Angelino – RB Leipzig – £21.3m

Jadon Sancho – Borussia Dortmund (plus Man Utd sell-on fee) – £21.2m

James Trafford – Burnley – £19m

Pedro Porro – Sporting Lisbon (plus Tottenham sell-on fee) – £17.4m

Carlos Borges – Ajax – £17.2m

Douglas Luiz – Aston Villa – £15m

Gavin Bazunu – Southampton – £15m

Shea Charles – Southampton – £15m

Angus Gunn – Southampton – £13.5m

Enes Unal – Villarreal – £12m

Lukas Nmecha – Wolfsburg – £11.1m

Jack Harrison – Leeds United – £11m

Rabbi Matondo – Schalke – £10.25m

Aaron Mooy – Huddersfield – £10m

Samuel Udozie – Southampton – £10m

Uriel Antuna – Chivas – £10m

Felix Correira – Juventus – £9.5m

Ivan Ilic – Hellas Verona – £9.5m

Jason Denayer – Lyon – £9m

Pablo Maffeo – Stuttgart – £8.8m

Juan Larios – Southampton – £6m

Darko Gyabi – Leeds United – £5m

Ko Itakura – Borussia Monchengladbach – £5m

Oliver Ntcham – Celtic – £4.5m

Geronimo Rulli – Real Sociedad – £4.00m

Seko Fofana – Udinese – £3.8m

Manu Garcia – Sporting Gijon – £3.6m

Aro Muric – Burnley – £3m

Bersant Celina – Swansea – £3m

Joshua Kayode – Shakhtar Donetsk – £3m

Patrick Roberts – Sunderland – £3m

Taylor Richards – Brighton & Hove Albion – £2.5m

Benjamin Garre – Racing Club – £2m

Tosin Adarabioyo – Fulham – £2m

Thierry Ambrose – Metz – £1.8m

Ruben Sobrino – Alaves – £1.75m

Dire Mebude – Westerlo – £1.65m

Pablo Mari – Flamengo – £1.3m

CJ Egan-Riley – Burnley – £1m

Jeremy Frimpong – Celtic – £1m

Charlie McNeill – Man Utd – £750,000

Terence Kongolo – Hereenveen – £750,000

Tyler Fletcher – Man Utd – £630,000

Luca Barrington – Brighton – £500,000

Harvey Griffiths – Wolves – £350,000

There will be another 200 they paid huge sums to that flopped but that expense is written off too.

Robbed that list off Google, no idea how accurate it is.

3 hours ago, DaveT said:

85E64EF6-E31E-4D60-922C-BB2863608995.gif

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

Apparently they have an injury crisis with Ederson, Ake, Stones, Nunes, Kovacic joining De Bruyne on the treatment table.

I bet at least three out of Ederson, Ake ,Nunes and Kovacic mysteriously recover in time for our game.

They're just getting a good rest while the internationals are on and they don't have to get back Friday morning for a 12.30 Saturday game against us. 

58 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t think we need somebody as smart as Alan Turing to work out those figures will be bollocks. 

What’s in Man City’s accounts is likely 100% accurate to the penny, how they got into the other companies accounts is more the question. 

Why would you think they're accurate? They're currently on 100+ charges because they're not accurate and also paid people off payroll. 

16 minutes ago, No2 said:

Their academy is their gravy train. They have a knack of getting all the parents of the best young players in the world to come live in Manchester. The Saint that was Abramovich had the same gift. They must be £200m up in sales in the last 2 years from kids they have sold.

The list below all goes in as pure profit for FFP as academy costs don't count. Whatever amount their parents were given to mop floors at the Etihad doesn't need to be expensed.

Cole Palmer – Chelsea – £42.5m

Kelechi Iheanacho – Leicester – £25m

Romeo Lavia – Southampton – £22.5m

Brahim Diaz – Real Madrid – £22m

Angelino – RB Leipzig – £21.3m

Jadon Sancho – Borussia Dortmund (plus Man Utd sell-on fee) – £21.2m

James Trafford – Burnley – £19m

Pedro Porro – Sporting Lisbon (plus Tottenham sell-on fee) – £17.4m

Carlos Borges – Ajax – £17.2m

Douglas Luiz – Aston Villa – £15m

Gavin Bazunu – Southampton – £15m

Shea Charles – Southampton – £15m

Angus Gunn – Southampton – £13.5m

Enes Unal – Villarreal – £12m

Lukas Nmecha – Wolfsburg – £11.1m

Jack Harrison – Leeds United – £11m

Rabbi Matondo – Schalke – £10.25m

Aaron Mooy – Huddersfield – £10m

Samuel Udozie – Southampton – £10m

Uriel Antuna – Chivas – £10m

Felix Correira – Juventus – £9.5m

Ivan Ilic – Hellas Verona – £9.5m

Jason Denayer – Lyon – £9m

Pablo Maffeo – Stuttgart – £8.8m

Juan Larios – Southampton – £6m

Darko Gyabi – Leeds United – £5m

Ko Itakura – Borussia Monchengladbach – £5m

Oliver Ntcham – Celtic – £4.5m

Geronimo Rulli – Real Sociedad – £4.00m

Seko Fofana – Udinese – £3.8m

Manu Garcia – Sporting Gijon – £3.6m

Aro Muric – Burnley – £3m

Bersant Celina – Swansea – £3m

Joshua Kayode – Shakhtar Donetsk – £3m

Patrick Roberts – Sunderland – £3m

Taylor Richards – Brighton & Hove Albion – £2.5m

Benjamin Garre – Racing Club – £2m

Tosin Adarabioyo – Fulham – £2m

Thierry Ambrose – Metz – £1.8m

Ruben Sobrino – Alaves – £1.75m

Dire Mebude – Westerlo – £1.65m

Pablo Mari – Flamengo – £1.3m

CJ Egan-Riley – Burnley – £1m

Jeremy Frimpong – Celtic – £1m

Charlie McNeill – Man Utd – £750,000

Terence Kongolo – Hereenveen – £750,000

Tyler Fletcher – Man Utd – £630,000

Luca Barrington – Brighton – £500,000

Harvey Griffiths – Wolves – £350,000

There will be another 200 they paid huge sums to that flopped but that expense is written off too.

Robbed that list off Google, no idea how accurate it is.

They provide backhanders to the parents. And it's not just Manchester kids, they're sweeping up ours too. And I know this to be true because a mate of hers is reaping the rewards. 50k car to ensure they can get them to training etc. then rented them a house in Manchester to make it easier, but of course they kept the 50k car and rent out their own home. While.other clubs are offering a packet of cheewits to cover petrol costs. 

50 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why would you think they're accurate? They're currently on 100+ charges because they're not accurate and also paid people off payroll. 

I’m sure they have received £Xm from Ethiad Airways (or whatever).

How that £Xm got to Ethiad Airways is another story. 

They admitted to breaching FFP c.10 years ago and paid the fine. They aren’t going to be daft enough to make sure their accounts (ie Manchester City FC accounts) aren’t perfectly accurate. We only know of the other stuff (ie Ethisalat) because of the leaks - that was fundamentally missed first time. 

4 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

I'll rause your three to five...

4 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

Klopp needs to passively aggressively call this out in his press conference. Something along the lines of "I hear five players missed international call ups because of injury - including Ederson who should have flown back from South America with Alisson. It would be strange to see them in the starting line up on Saturday."

On 23/10/2023 at 10:33, Barrington Womble said:

I was actually going to villa park for a concert and there was fuck all in Birmingham or close by to stay, so we ended up in the Travelodge in Walsall. When the Travelodge is the best thing about a town, you know you're in trouble! 

Hope you took a big plate

On 22/10/2023 at 21:51, an tha said:

Seems to be something of a disease in the midlands...similar behaviour from likes of leicester, stoke, nottm forest, aston villa.....

Went to Derby one year,the Gerrard 2-1.

They literally spent the entire 90 mins when we got out,I've never seen a bigger set of scruffs in my entire life.

44 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Keane saying other teams need to sort themselves put to compete with city. If this cheating city side existed during fergusons time you'd of probably won fuck all too.

They seem to forget that. Even funnier is them claiming the league was more competitive in the 90/00s. 

They won the league with 84,92,82,75,77,79,91,80,83

In three of the last 5 seasons we have put up totals they've only matched once since the start of the premier league 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

They seem to forget that. Even funnier is them claiming the league was more competitive in the 90/00s. 

They won the league with 84,92,82,75,77,79,91,80,83

In three of the last 5 seasons we have put up totals they've only matched once since the start of the premier league 

Is winning a league with less pts the sign of it not being as competitive?

I'd argue if you aren't able to amass nigh on 100 pts it means it is harder to win games, you get beat or draw a lot more and pts are more evenly spread....

• Upvote 2

Apparently you can go to a Man City away game with one credit and weren't they still selling tickets for the CL final a couple of days after being on sale?. Even Everton would snap up final tickets a thousand times faster than them as they've sold out their away allocations for years despite being shite. 

You barely see anyone abroad wear a Man City kit, even the fairweather online African fans who've supported about 4 different teams aren't arsed about them. They're still wankingbover Ronaldo or Messi. 

Man Utd built up their revenue steadily over 2 decades and even though we were not far off in terms of fanbase we were miles away from them in revenue.