You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

11 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Wait until he witnesses Kloppo's leaving parade and cries himself to sleep knowing he won't get 1/10th of it when he fucks off.

I've never really followed his career as player or manager but ahs he ever had this level of competion against him in Spain & Germany? He always seems like he's about to breakdown whenever I see him interviewed & I swear his odd beahaviour is a "look at me" act. Either way, he's a twat. 

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

I think the general context is that he's a weird, thin skinned, passive aggressive cunt, and it's eating him up inside that he's managing on cheat mode and not getting a tenth of the coverage we get.

Despicable man and a grade A cunt. 

Just take a look at the team he played in the 2021 final. Not a single youngster in the starting line up or the bench. 

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

I think the general context is that he's a weird, thin skinned, passive aggressive cunt, and it's eating him up inside that he's managing on cheat mode and not getting a tenth of the coverage we get.

Billy Big Balls getting spiky because City and their stacked deck finally won a European Cup and even then, nobody really cared.

• Upvote 2

Wow have they beaten Luton Town? Previously an achievement only imagined in hushed tones in the alleyways of Moss Side and Burnage? I thought they were invincible Luton, but against all the odds these modern day heroes have astounded us all and shook the football world to its core by winning. What a memorable night.

20 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Wow have they beaten Luton Town? Previously an achievement only imagined in hushed tones in the alleyways of Moss Side and Burnage? I thought they were invincible Luton, but against all the odds these modern day heroes have astounded us all and shook the football world to its core by winning. What a memorable night.

Their starting 11 last night cost near £500m. Luton’s net spend over the last 2 years has been around £20m. Haaland probably gets paid more than all the Luton team put together. Bravo, P€p.

I genuinely think he's lost the plot a bit Gaurdiola, and it stems from going from clubs withe world famous levels of support to one with plastic flags, that can't fill its stadium and has an embarrassing crowd to watch a treble parade.

Can you imagine what it feels like to see the sheer level of adulation Klopp gets, to see the hundreds of thousands of people lining the streets for our victory parades when you're managing a club which consider Shaun Goater a legend.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, aws said:

In my book, he doesn’t deserve full respect until he has the courage to test himself in a contest where all the cards aren’t stacked in his favour. 

He'd have his lawyers argue the test was contaminated. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

They had some weird shit on before the match last night, the ups and down of city or something. How they'd gone to the second division but "never given up", they cut out the main part where they got given billions of pounds to spend.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They had some weird shit on before the match last night, the ups and down of city or something. How they'd gone to the second division but "never given up", they cut out the main part where they got given billions of pounds to spend.

They're the ultimate fairy tale though.  Premiership to second division & back again before somehow against all odds  finally winning it.  Boys own stuff they used to write about in Roy of the Rovers isn't it.  

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/up376-too-big-to-fail-man-city-and-the-legal-fight/id1459630823?i=1000647219845

Interesting listen for anyone interested in the City cheating case. My summary of it would be City will get away with the big ones due to them not providing any requested details. They will therefore be done heavily for lack of cooperation. What the punishment will be is anyone's guess.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Their attempts to manufacture a history is hilarious, they've got about 26 fucking statues. I genuinely didn't even know they had this one of Kompany.

Vincent_Kompany_statue_-_Etihad_Stadium.jpg

That looks utterly shit.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/up376-too-big-to-fail-man-city-and-the-legal-fight/id1459630823?i=1000647219845

Interesting listen for anyone interested in the City cheating case. My summary of it would be City will get away with the big ones due to them not providing any requested details. They will therefore be done heavily for lack of cooperation. What the punishment will be is anyone's guess.

No cooperating should result in being kicked out of the competition. If the punishment is less for not cooperating than it is for actually cheating then why would any one bother to comply.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Mudface said:

Am I the only one to understand what he actually means here?

He is saying the League Cup final is important, look at the teams playing in the final since him and Klopp arrived in England.

He obviously takes part of the credit for it not being like it was before anymore, because him and other managers among the top clubs have treated it like an important trophy. 

He is obviously right. 

IMG_0109.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Code said:

Am I the only one to understand what he actually means here?

He is saying the League Cup final is important, look at the teams playing in the final since him and Klopp arrived in England.

He obviously takes part of the credit for it not being like it was before anymore, because him and other managers among the top clubs have treated it like an important trophy. 

He is obviously right. 

IMG_0109.jpeg

It's been treated as an important trophy by LFC since the late '70s, the least prestigious of the 3 domestic trophies or a European trophy of course, but nevertheless something to win. The main difference with Man City, is that they can afford to have two first teams so resting players doesn't really mean a drop off in quality. From memory, they've also had some very favourable draws.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Their attempts to manufacture a history is hilarious, they've got about 26 fucking statues. I genuinely didn't even know they had this one of Kompany.

Vincent_Kompany_statue_-_Etihad_Stadium.jpg

The state of that. That's Doctor Manhattan.

Without any hyperbole, if you put that in an art gallery and asked 1000 people to name who it is, id suggest less than 10 could.