You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dale Winton

Elite

Dale Winton was apparently plunged into a deep depression after a much-younger boyfriend 'used' him to meet Elton John and then unceremoniously dumped him.

According to neighbours near Dale's £680,000 pad in Sarasota, Florida, the TV star fell hard for the hairdresser who was 20 years his junior, and was heartbroken when it suddenly ended.

Dale Winton was apparently plunged into a deep depression after a much-younger boyfriend 'used' him to meet Elton John and then unceremoniously dumped him.

According to neighbours near Dale's £680,000 pad in Sarasota, Florida, the TV star fell hard for the hairdresser who was 20 years his junior, and was heartbroken when it suddenly ended.

Am I the only one who was expecting a punchline at the end of this?

• Upvote 1

Sarasota is a nice place. Lot of people go there from these parts to get some sunshine.

I’ve been away for nearly a decade now, but I remember Dale Winton doing the lottery draw. Had he fallen away from TV or was he still on screen? Strikes me as a sad sort of thing, showbiz. Some people keep getting gigs no matter what (I’m looking at you Ant and Dec) while others come and go.

If you have the sort of personality that is able to see it all as a bit of fun, and your days on TV are well paid but you recognize it may not last, then you will be fine. But if your personal sense of well being is wrapped up in that, you are on shifting sand. Everyone gets older and consumer tastes change. Without knowing, I suspect Dale Winton’s star faded somewhat, and he couldn’t cope with that. Sad story if that’s the case.