You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mayweather - McGregor

moof

AYeah, he was really beautiful that night.

I think his best win was against Marquez, though.

Came back from an 18 month lay off and won every round against the number 2 fighter in the world, at the time. Some folks thought that he had an unfair advantage, because of the weight, but it later turned out that Marquez is an elite welterweight, when he knocked Manny spark out.

Where are you going to watch this circus? Going to pay for It?

I think his best is Corrales, closely followed by Vanelo.

Corrales got dismantled and badly beat up.

I think his best is Corrales, closely followed by Vanelo.

Corrales got dismantled and badly beat up.

Disagree with you there, mate.

I know Corrales was 5th in the P4P rankings at the time, but I don't think he should have been. Mayweather put on a masterclass that night, but I don't think even in his prime at his best weight best, that Corralles is in the same league as Marquez. Even the older, 2 and a half divisions above his best weight version that Mayweather fought.

The chico win is definitely an A win, but the Marquez win is a better A. I would also rate the Manny win, higher, personally.

Why do you rate the Canelo win so highly, if you don't mind me asking? He forced him down in weight, and he was green as fuck at the time, no?

Think the Gatti win was a great performance but personally though he was a fucking warrior Gatti wasn't in the same class as half of his opponents. The Ward fights are Gatti showcase. As a fighter imo people hold him at a higher level than he was.

Disagree with you there, mate.

I know Corrales was 5th in the P4P rankings at the time, but I don't think he should have been. Mayweather put on a masterclass that night, but I don't think even in his prime at his best weight best, that Corralles is in the same league as Marquez. Even the older, 2 and a half divisions above his best weight version that Mayweather fought.

The chico win is definitely an A win, but the Marquez win is a better A. I would also rate the Manny win, higher, personally.

Why do you rate the Canelo win so highly, if you don't mind me asking? He forced him down in weight, and he was green as fuck at the time, no?

I think the Marquez fight was too heavily weighted in his favour. Even not attempting to make the catch weight was bad.

He was unbelievable, timing, speed, distance, reflexes he was as on it that night as he ever was.

But, with Canelo the weight was fairer. He was fighting a younger, stronger and a very hungry lion. Mayweather was good, not great previously against Guerrero.

He won almost every round. He could have stopped him in round 10 and 11 if he stepped on it, mind.

It was unreal. Total masterclass.

Everyone seems to be banging on about this fight. I don't follow boxing at all so it hasn't been on my radar, but now that I've looked into it, even I can see that this is an absolute farce that is one step up from Andy Kaufman wrestling women. I have no earthly idea why it seems to have captured so many people's attention.

Mayweather is undefeated in his professional boxing career and a five-division world champion, having won fifteen world titles and the lineal championship in four different weight classes (twice at welterweight).[1] As an amateur he won a bronze medal in the featherweight division at the 1996 Olympics, three U.S. Golden Gloves championships (at light flyweightflyweight, and featherweight), and the U.S. national championship at featherweight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather_Jr.

​Having fought all those fights against pro boxers he is now going to loose against an Irish puncher. who kicks people.

Forget it he won't lay a glove on mayweather

McGregor is an accomplished martial artist and a very dangerous man. As a fighter, he is levels above Mayweather. He will give him problems, no doubt.

If he could grapple and kick him no doubt.

This is a boxing match and Mcgregor stands as much chance as me.

I've trained with pro boxers and they are on a different level reaction time wise. They move before you think of moving and hit you.

Forget it he won't lay a glove on mayweather

Well, Mayweather is going to be very embarrassed if this goes on for more than two or three rounds without him knocking out McGregor. Right? I mean, he's the best pound for pound boxer of his generation, perhaps ever. McGregor has never fought a boxing match before. It's a bit like a lion vs a four year old girl. Right? He shouldn't last 20 seconds with that guy, such is the gulf in class. Seriously, if this reaches round two or three without McGregor being beaten, Mayweather should be fucking ashamed of himself.

I've trained with pro boxers and they are on a different level reaction time wise. They move before you think of moving and hit you.

This bollocks is getting boring from Boxing fans

Anyone that is a top class combat fighter moves at a different reaction speed.

Fuck look at Bruce Lee,h wasn't a boxer but far fucking faster than boxers. You would think only boxers can achieve this mystical reaction speed. Yes chances are Mayweather hits him at will,because he has trained his whole life to only deal with fists and punshes coming from the waist to his head. Its a whole nother ball game when you can kick the fuck out of someones legs. Its not a better reaction is that you have less t watch and worry about.

• Upvote 1

I just watched the whole Eubank thing. Repped.

Eubank sets out a way McGregor could win, by fighting, not boxing. He also said he's in town for the fight, and he never goes to a fight where he knows who is going to win. Interesting. Then he throws in Kipling and several others, and sort of does a great speech about the warrior's code and all the rest of it.

He's unsuited to the tv cameras if the requirement is to get your point across in a few seconds, but for something like this interview, it's a nice change from the usual. Mad as a box of frogs, of course, but you can't help but appreciate that the world is a better place for characters like Eubank.

• Upvote 2