You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

At one point he kicked it, and it nearly landed in the German Box. Mingolet struggles to reach the halfway line. 

Even his throws out are made with a quick decision and are delivered low and hard.

The other thing I noticed was when there was no quick delivery on he decides rapid and his hand is up to tell the defenders.

Our lads are just guessing 1/2 the time as Mings expression never changes.

Guest Pistonbroke

Even his throws out are made with a quick decision and are delivered low and hard.

The other thing I noticed was when there was no quick delivery on he decides rapid and his hand is up to tell the defenders.

Our lads are just guessing 1/2 the time as Mings expression never changes.

Mingolet just flaps, I'm sure he is just happy to get rid of the ball as quick as he can. I've lost count the amount of times he throes/plays it to a defender who isn't in that much space and the ball ends up back with Mingolet as he boots it out of play. 

Germany had at least three decent chances, Pickford made a good save to stop one and they hit the bar with one. England had the two you mentioned and also a few half chances without getting a decent effort in. It wasn't a great game but decent enough. 

I was referring to that period of play between the two England chances I mentioned. I think it was at least the last half an hour.

Guest Pistonbroke

I was referring to that period of play between the two England chances I mentioned. I think it was at least the last half an hour.

With you now. Yeah, they had a few chances but Germany controlled long periods of the game without being too penetrating themselves. You felt that Germany had at least two gears to move up if it were a game of importance though, whereas England had players trying their best at home to make an impression. 

I was impressed with both Maguire and especially Loftus Cheek though. Maguire looks comfortable on the ball for a CB and slotted into a back 3 well despite never playing in one before for his club. Germany didn't really put our defence under sustained pressure though. 

Loftus Cheek impressed because he was at ease on the ball and can certainly read the game and spot space or a good run. 

Fuck off Ingerlund and the corrupt FA twats and all the small time mongs who follow them with their shite ingerlund flags with their nomark town/team written on...

The very beauts who rock up at Anfield week in week out with their 'sign on' 'in your liverpool slums' and 'always the victim' songs....

Hope they go to Russia and get smashed and those mong fans get battered.

Fuck off Ingerlund and the corrupt FA twats and all the small time mongs who follow them with their shite ingerlund flags with their nomark town/team written on...

The very beauts who rock up at Anfield week in week out with their 'sign on' 'in your liverpool slums' and 'always the victim' songs....

Hope they go to Russia and get smashed and those mong fans get battered.

You appear to have overlooked the marooning of the tiresome England Brass Bland on a very small, remote Island with no water and only each other to eat, but otherwise I fully support you and all your endeavours.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the view that Germany had a couple of gears to go up but they were happy enough feeling the game out, playing, but not exactly over exerting themselves. England’s young players did well enough though and they held their own.

It doesn’t really tell us too much as come tournament time Southgate will make changes. What I’ve also seen, for many years, is that come tournament time England also play well within themselves and look like they are terrified. Euro 96 and then France 98 with Owen was the last time England had a go at the tournament itself. Since then it’s been cagey and stale with plenty of shocking results to show for the timid approach.

I can’t see it, but if England play without fear they could get to the last eight, and with a fair wind at that point, who knows? But we’ve seen so much dross it’s hard to get too excited.