You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Stopping us? Ha

I think it’s a personality cult, I’m not alone. If you can’t see it then you may be in it.

I think there’s a bit of truth in this statement. I was at Glasto last year and c 100k+ people chanted his name all weekend. It’s not all bad, if there’s a personality to pivot a social movement around then surely Corbyn is a pretty good one. He could genuinely claim that he’s been on the right side of history almost all throughout his career. Compare that to Tommy Robinson on the right for example, it’s not even comparable.

I think there’s a bit of truth in this statement. I was at Glasto last year and c 100k+ people chanted his name all weekend. It’s not all bad, if there’s a personality to pivot a social movement around then surely Corbyn is a pretty good one. He could genuinely claim that he’s been on the right side of history almost all throughout his career. Compare that to Tommy Robinson on the right for example, it’s not even comparable.

Devastating news that people like his personality.

If that's all it takes for some people to stop voting for a party that makes disabled people want to kill themselves then so be it.

• Upvote 1

Racist.

Mr Lennox is an idiot, I don’t think anyone on the site has tried to defend him.

Racist.

Mr Lennox is an idiot, I don’t think anyone on the site has tried to defend him.

No, of course not. Not what I was saying at all. I was just comparing the biggest personalities on the opposing sides. On the left you have Jeremy and on the right you have Farage and Robinson.

• Upvote 1

Devastating news that people like his personality.

If that's all it takes for some people to stop voting for a party that makes disabled people want to kill themselves then so be it.

I’ve no issue with people liking his personality, that’s his job. I do think he’s treated like a messiah and is viewed as being unable to do wrong. I’d vote for the cunt if he came out as a remainer and campaigned to keep us in he Eu.

I’ve no issue with people liking his personality, that’s his job. I do think he’s treated like a messiah and is viewed as being unable to do wrong. I’d vote for the cunt if he came out as a remainer and campaigned to keep us in he Eu.

I don't think he's viewed as being unable to do wrong, it's just that all the personal attacks against him - that he's a Commie, a Russian stooge, a closet Brexiteer, an anti-Semite, a supporter of Irish and Islamist terrorism and a member of an aloof political clique, who had loads of seats on that fucking train - are piss-weak and easy to disprove.

That was 2 years ago. What’s he done since? Do you honestly think Labour’s policy is to stay in?

It’s this hat makes me think it’s a cult. Most on here are ardent remainers but give him a free pass because he’s Jeremy.

And it's stuff like this that I'm talking about when I say I'm happy Tories don't understand.

And it's stuff like this that I'm talking about when I say I'm happy Tories don't understand.

What aren’t I understanding? Is it a big trick all you clever boys are playing on us? You might have to raise the curtain a bit as lots of labour supporters want him to be anti-Brexit too.

What rico means is he'll vote for Jeremy if he reverses Brexit on his own. Ergo he manages to overcome the two impossible tasks of not being in power and having to wait until 2022 to get into power (when we're leaving the EU right now).  And by that he doesn't mean he'll actually vote for him, he means he'll say he'll vote for him, before going to the voting booth and ticking the name of his local Lib Dem MP.

What rico means is he'll vote for Jeremy if he reverses Brexit on his own. Ergo he manages to overcome the two impossible tasks of not being in power and having to wait until 2022 to get into power (when we're leaving the EU right now).  And by that he doesn't mean he'll actually vote for him, he means he'll say he'll vote for him, before going to the voting booth and ticking the name of his local Lib Dem MP.

Oh thanks for telling everyone what I mean.

What I really mean is that Brexit is a cluster fuck and any credible opposition would see it as an opportunity to fuck over a government who are led by a weak leader and only in power due to being propped up by a bunch of religious bigots.

But he won’t. Because he wants Brexit.

Wasn’t there a vote yesterday when he could have overturned the government due to Tory rebels but whipped against it?

Oh thanks for telling everyone what I mean.

What I really mean is that Brexit is a cluster fuck and any credible opposition would see it as an opportunity to fuck over a government who are led by a weak leader and only in power due to being propped up by a bunch of religious bigots.

But he won’t. Because he wants Brexit.

Wasn’t there a vote yesterday when he could have overturned the government due to Tory rebels but whipped against it?

And arse candles that voted for them in the election.

What aren’t I understanding? Is it a big trick all you clever boys are playing on us? You might have to raise the curtain a bit as lots of labour supporters want him to be anti-Brexit too.

What you're not understanding is that people who now support Labour (who previously were ambivalent at best) are attracted to the policies of a party that will stand on principle against austerity, inequality, imperialist wars, racism, etc. Nobody's playing a trick on you. You do that to yourselves.

The Labour Party line is to stop the disaster of a "Hard Brexit", while not disregarding the result of the Referendum. It's a tricky line. Some Labour members and MPs want Corbyn to go all-in for stopping Brexit, as you say; others want him to do the opposite and go full "Lexit". Both positions are sure-fire election losers.

• Upvote 1