You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The honours system has jumped the shark, I'm sure I heard Ed Shearan's music teacher got one for encouraging him to get into music. Or it may have been a dream.

I believe she did. I vaguely remember that.

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

How do you know?  You haven’t scrutinised any of the others by your own admission. This is the only one they’ve ‘got wrong’? Why would they get every single other one right and just this one wrong?  Conspiracies everywhere. 

a very famous tv celebrity publically calls a senior politician,who is already being lambasted in the media,a racist.

2 years later she receives an award for "highlighting anti semistimsm" despite no visible evidence of what she has done.

It may sound like some crackpot twitter conspiracy but something about it certainly stinks.

You dont need to hate women or be a grand wizard in the kk to spot that out. 

39 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

a very famous tv celebrity publically calls a senior politician,who is already being lambasted in the media,a racist.

2 years later she receives an award for "highlighting anti semistimsm" despite no visible evidence of what she has done.

It may sound like some crackpot twitter conspiracy but something about it certainly stinks.

You dont need to hate women or be a grand wizard in the kk to spot that out. 

So this is a ‘reward’ for her calling out Corbyn?  The committee were told to wave through her nomination because she was vocal on antisemitism in the Labour Party?  This is the very definition of a conspiracy theory. 

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So this is a ‘reward’ for her calling out Corbyn?  The committee were told to wave through her nomination because she was vocal on antisemitism in the Labour Party?  This is the very definition of a conspiracy theory. 

The obvious explanation is that the (oh-so-independent) committee were won over by her extensive awareness-raising work that nobody else is actually aware of. Yeah, makes sense.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The obvious explanation is that the (oh-so-independent) committee were won over by her extensive awareness-raising work that nobody else is actually aware of. Yeah, makes sense.

You. The stuff you aren’t aware of and because of that you KNOW it’s undeserved. 

12 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

all I said was it looks a bit iffy.

Im sure she got it for that all sterling work she did,if only anyone could find it.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Because (and pay attention this time) everyone else has got an award for stuff they've actually done. 

If they'd given her an award for services to broadcasting, nobody would give a fuck.

I would, because she's (apparently) a Jew, and because I'm an antisemite I would protest on principle. No awards to Jews. Ever. 

EDIT: AND she's a woman, and we all know they're cunts. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The honours system has jumped the shark, I'm sure I heard Ed Shearan's music teacher got one for encouraging him to get into music. Or it may have been a dream.

Yeah, needs fucking right off out of it. It's all antiquated bollocks getting in the way of a more equal society. 

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m reading a great book at the moment, Conspiracy by Michael Shermer.  One for the book thread too. 

You might be reading it, but you don't seem to be understanding it. It's a good book, but he'd shake his head at your conduct here. 

27 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm an antisemite I would protest on principle. No awards to Jews. Ever. 

Exactly. When we're finished with Riley, we'll start having a go at the two members of the Board of Deputies and the Holocaust survivors who were honoured because, y'know, that's who we are and what we do.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Exactly. When we're finished with Riley, we'll start having a go at the two members of the Board of Deputies and the Holocaust survivors who were honoured because, y'know, that's who we are and what we do.

To be fair, I’m only interested in this as far is helping Rico make himself look like a mug. That said, I do love being a massive racist while not doing, saying, or thinking anything racist, so… I dunno, I’m in. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Found out recently my music teacher from 20 years ago nicked all the instruments from the school and moved to Scotland.

He'd be more deserving, in my opinion.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Found out recently my music teacher from 20 years ago nicked all the instruments from the school and moved to Scotland.

He'd be more deserving, in my opinion.

World is full of false prophets. Like that Mallalah kid who's like head of the UN or whatever because she got capped by the Taliban for wanting to go to school. In my book you get more kudos for being shot for NOT wanting to go to school.

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's the curious incident of the dog that barked in the night. If she had done something, someone would have heard.

I am sure this is not an exhaustive list of her campaigning activities, just what I found after 2 minutes with Google.

Facebook pulls 'Nazi-level hate' group after Rachel Riley complaint | Jewish News

A “Nazi-level hate” group was removed by Facebook after it was reported over alleged racism by Countdown star Rachel Riley.

The social media site axed Truthers Against Zionist Lobbies, which had 8,700 members, after finding it had posted caricatured images of Jewish people with evil expressions and hooked noses and links to Nazi-revisionist websites, including one bearing the title, “Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told”.

Riley delivered a dossier on the group to Facebook’s London HQ on November 28, alongside Imran Ahmed, chief executive of the Centre for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), who Riley asked to prepare the research.

The Community Security Trust (CST), a charity which protects British Jews from anti-Semitism, first reported this group to Facebook in 2017 and raised the group again with Facebook this week.

Riley had been highlighting images from the group on Twitter daily since her meeting last week, asking Facebook to remove the group.

A Facebook company spokesman confirmed this news and said: “Following a thorough investigation, we have removed this group from Facebook.”

On the news that the group has been removed, Riley announced she has already contacted Facebook and sent a briefing on a second group.

YouTube deletes conspiracy theorist David Icke's account | Jewish News

YouTube have deleted conspiracy theorist David Icke’s account.

The video-sharing site said the 68-year-old violated its policies on sharing information about coronavirus.
The former footballer has made controversial unproven claims about the virus on several internet platforms, including one that it is linked to the 5G mobile network.

The video service, owned by Google, told the BBC: “YouTube has clear policies prohibiting any content that disputes the existence and transmission of Covid-19 as described by the WHO and the NHS.

“Due to continued violation of these policies we have terminated David Icke’s YouTube channel.”

This comes after Countdown star Rachel Riley, the Community Security Trust and the MP Damian Collins were among public figures throwing their weight behind an open letter urging social media companies to “deplatform” the conspiracy theorist.

Katie Hopkins' account locked after an anti-hate group met with Twitter (inews.co.uk)

Katie Hopkins’ Twitter account has been locked after the Centre for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) met with the social media firm about Hopkins’ “ability to use the platform to spread hate”.

The recently created Centre, which has been backed by Gary Lineker, Rachel Riley and London mayor Sadiq Khan, met with Twitter representatives on Wednesday to discuss excluding “hate actors from public discourse”.

It’s believed Hopkins’ account has been temporarily locked after violating the company’s hateful conduct policy.

Ms Riley, who has been the target of online abuse, accompanied CCDH chief executive to meet with Twitter.

The pair advocated for Twitter to work in cooperation with CCDH on a new initiative to make it easier for users to share blocklists and to reinstate the ability to import and export lists of blocked Twitter users.

How a group of friends are fighting fake news - with a hand from Rachel Riley | Jewish News

A small group of friends backed by countdown star Rachel Riley is targeting hyper partisan websites by hitting their revenue.

The campaign, called Stop Funding Fake News, combats news websites such as The Rebel Media, Westmonster, The Canary, Politicalite and Evolve Politics, through their advertisers.

“Fake news bears much responsibility for the growth in illiberalism, woman-hate, Jew-hate, Muslim-hate, trans-hate and political sectarianism in Britain,” activists told Jewish News.

Stop Funding Fake News claim they have seen some successes with brands such as Sky, eBay, the World Wildlife Federation, Which?, Experian and Cancer McMillan Care.

Riley, who promoted the group’s numerous appeals on her timeline and contacted brands herself, described it as a “campaign aimed at making it less profitable to spread hate, racism, misogyny, antisemitism, Islamophobia and their bedmates.”

Riley: I thought the horror of the Shoah would mean no more antisemitism - The Jewish Chronicle (thejc.com)

Read Rachel Riley's powerful speech to the Holocaust Education Trust reception in Westminster

24 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I am sure this is not an exhaustive list of her campaigning activities, just what I found after 2 minutes with Google.

Facebook pulls 'Nazi-level hate' group after Rachel Riley complaint | Jewish News

A “Nazi-level hate” group was removed by Facebook after it was reported over alleged racism by Countdown star Rachel Riley.

The social media site axed Truthers Against Zionist Lobbies, which had 8,700 members, after finding it had posted caricatured images of Jewish people with evil expressions and hooked noses and links to Nazi-revisionist websites, including one bearing the title, “Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told”.

Riley delivered a dossier on the group to Facebook’s London HQ on November 28, alongside Imran Ahmed, chief executive of the Centre for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), who Riley asked to prepare the research.

The Community Security Trust (CST), a charity which protects British Jews from anti-Semitism, first reported this group to Facebook in 2017 and raised the group again with Facebook this week.

Riley had been highlighting images from the group on Twitter daily since her meeting last week, asking Facebook to remove the group.

A Facebook company spokesman confirmed this news and said: “Following a thorough investigation, we have removed this group from Facebook.”

On the news that the group has been removed, Riley announced she has already contacted Facebook and sent a briefing on a second group.

YouTube deletes conspiracy theorist David Icke's account | Jewish News

YouTube have deleted conspiracy theorist David Icke’s account.

The video-sharing site said the 68-year-old violated its policies on sharing information about coronavirus.
The former footballer has made controversial unproven claims about the virus on several internet platforms, including one that it is linked to the 5G mobile network.

The video service, owned by Google, told the BBC: “YouTube has clear policies prohibiting any content that disputes the existence and transmission of Covid-19 as described by the WHO and the NHS.

“Due to continued violation of these policies we have terminated David Icke’s YouTube channel.”

This comes after Countdown star Rachel Riley, the Community Security Trust and the MP Damian Collins were among public figures throwing their weight behind an open letter urging social media companies to “deplatform” the conspiracy theorist.

Katie Hopkins' account locked after an anti-hate group met with Twitter (inews.co.uk)

Katie Hopkins’ Twitter account has been locked after the Centre for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) met with the social media firm about Hopkins’ “ability to use the platform to spread hate”.

The recently created Centre, which has been backed by Gary Lineker, Rachel Riley and London mayor Sadiq Khan, met with Twitter representatives on Wednesday to discuss excluding “hate actors from public discourse”.

It’s believed Hopkins’ account has been temporarily locked after violating the company’s hateful conduct policy.

Ms Riley, who has been the target of online abuse, accompanied CCDH chief executive to meet with Twitter.

The pair advocated for Twitter to work in cooperation with CCDH on a new initiative to make it easier for users to share blocklists and to reinstate the ability to import and export lists of blocked Twitter users.

How a group of friends are fighting fake news - with a hand from Rachel Riley | Jewish News

A small group of friends backed by countdown star Rachel Riley is targeting hyper partisan websites by hitting their revenue.

The campaign, called Stop Funding Fake News, combats news websites such as The Rebel Media, Westmonster, The Canary, Politicalite and Evolve Politics, through their advertisers.

“Fake news bears much responsibility for the growth in illiberalism, woman-hate, Jew-hate, Muslim-hate, trans-hate and political sectarianism in Britain,” activists told Jewish News.

Stop Funding Fake News claim they have seen some successes with brands such as Sky, eBay, the World Wildlife Federation, Which?, Experian and Cancer McMillan Care.

Riley, who promoted the group’s numerous appeals on her timeline and contacted brands herself, described it as a “campaign aimed at making it less profitable to spread hate, racism, misogyny, antisemitism, Islamophobia and their bedmates.”

Riley: I thought the horror of the Shoah would mean no more antisemitism - The Jewish Chronicle (thejc.com)

Read Rachel Riley's powerful speech to the Holocaust Education Trust reception in Westminster

No way you got that in two minutes.  I went looking for ages, but couldn't get past multiple reports of her MBE. All I could get from Wikipedia was a reference to the HET speech. I even scrolled down her Twitter timeline, going back about 6 months before deciding I had better things to do with my life.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No way you got that in two minutes.

Well, it took me longer than 2 minutes to copy and paste it all. But the searching itself, yes. 25 years of intensive search engine usage has given me mad skills in that area.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

World is full of false prophets. Like that Mallalah kid who's like head of the UN or whatever because she got capped by the Taliban for wanting to go to school. In my book you get more kudos for being shot for NOT wanting to go to school.

Let's be honest, she's a bit of a shithouse.

24 minutes ago, Strontium said:

25 years of intensive search engine usage has given me mad skills in that area.

True, that. I'm pretty sure I've had bickering sessions with you on here when you've been able to quote something I said millions of years ago. I am genuinely envious of your skill in that respect.

As for Ms Riley, I'll just have to say "fair play to her". Looks like what she's done is something, at least.

53 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No way you got that in two minutes.  I went looking for ages, but couldn't get past multiple reports of her MBE. All I could get from Wikipedia was a reference to the HET speech. I even scrolled down her Twitter timeline, going back about 6 months before deciding I had better things to do with my life.

So, the results Stronts got from the Jewish media don't show up in your search engine?

Hmmm...

• Haha 1