You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester

Bjornebye

I know a few people who work at Walkers and there is talk of the company producing some limited edition packs to be sold locally, and depicting City's title-winning players. Not sure if that means player names (like they did with Salt 'n' Lineker) or just fancy crisp packets. I don't think a potato crisp that looks like Vardy is all that appealing.

is what you would say if everton won the league and rooney now presenting motd was having a full on wankathon over it.

Leicester aren't Everton. They are nowhere near as big a club nor do they have the same expectations. And Lineker played for Leicester for about 7 or 8 years before moving on. Rooney left Everton after just 2 seasons. And I don't think Lineker left in such an acrimonious way as Rooney did.

Leicester aren't Everton. They are nowhere near as big a club nor do they have the same expectations. And Lineker played for Leicester for about 7 or 8 years before moving on. Rooney left Everton after just 2 seasons. And I don't think Lineker left in such an acrimonious way as Rooney did.

I dont know what the circumstances were as leicester were no more than bogey team in the 80s a bit like everton since the 80s

is what you would say if everton won the league and rooney now presenting motd was having a full on wankathon over it.

I haven't watched MOTD for ages so it wouldn't bother me.

I don't really a problem with Wayne Rooney, though and happen to think he's not as thick as people make him out to be.

I liked Gary Lineker when I was a kid. Mexico '86 was boss. I've never heard of Leicester fans holding it against Lineker for leaving them to further his career. It's what professional footballers do and has no bearing on who they support.

• Upvote 1

I know a few people who work at Walkers and there is talk of the company producing some limited edition packs to be sold locally, and depicting City's title-winning players. Not sure if that means player names (like they did with Salt 'n' Lineker) or just fancy crisp packets. I don't think a potato crisp that looks like Vardy is all that appealing.

Sweet Shinji Sensations.  

In fairness, it would be hard to find any root vegetable that didn't look like Vardy.

• Upvote 1

Can't say that I really agree with the idea that this should give hope to either Liverpool, or any other teams lower down the league. If anything it should annoy you that the one time that the stars aligned and the long shot of all the major powers dropping the ball came to happen, it was a Leicester team that managed to roll a double six that took advantage of it and not Liverpool (or insert other team).

Don't think anyone ever said that having your number come up on Premier League roulette was impossible without money (we showed you can get within the margin for error with a fair bit more than Leicester) just that it is hugely unlikely. And that sustaining it is even more unlikely, and not very sensible to expect.

And Ranieri know that sustaining it is impossible. Hence the top ten comments.

Incredible season from them. Goes to show what having two players scoring around 40 league goals does for you, along with having a very solid spine and staying clear of injuries of course.

We had that, of course, a couple of seasons ago.... tied to Rodgers' wrangling cats vision of defending.