You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Caulker

aRdja

I'll go back and read the thread. Just catching up here. My first reaction to this is that it could be a very shrewd signing. He looked a very good player a year or two back, and then for whatever reason (I honestly don't know whether he was injured, or just fell out of favor or form or whatever) but he lost his way a little.

He's only 24, has decent pace, is good in the air, and, presumably, will be hungry to make an impression. Given our dearth of options at centre back, he is a welcome addition. Goes above Ilori and Toure in the pecking order immediately, and then depending on who is fit and on form, he may well get a number of games.

Tut tut Rev.

We dont spell favour like that on here my friend. Dont forget your roots Sir.

• Upvote 1

Fuck me.

Hyppia could handle anything, I've never seen him skinned by anyone, he wasn't fast but he didn't need to be because he had supernatural positional sense. Hyppia was in our box, what Fowler was in theirs.

I didn't say he was anywhere near as good as Hypia but if he can come in and do a similar job of dominating the air balls like Hypia used to I can see him earning a permanent move.Toure will definitely go in the summer and I think one of Skrtel,Lovren, and Sakho will go aswell.

You've never seen Hypia skinned by anyone? He was regaurly wrote off years before he was finished because there were certain games where he got done by pacy players, the most famous example I can remember is when Drogba gave him a torrid time when cfc done us 4-1 at anfield.

i really dont think he is that  bad a player  he just needs the right manager to put there arm round him and give him abit of confidence is klopp that man  i really dont know after what i saw lastnight he cant really be any worse than we already have .....my guess is he will start on sunday 

Tut tut Rev.

We dont spell favour like that on here my friend. Dont forget your roots Sir.

I know! My iPad autocorrects things all the time and I'm sick of going back and changing it. The spelling is so frustrating. My son has weekly spelling tests at school and I help him with his homework. Mrs G told me off because I said he could spell things the British way and even if the teacher marked it wrong, he and I would know that it was, in actual fact, quite correct!