You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Oct 3-4 2015)

tlw content

pelle.jpg

It’s mad, I’m writing about last weekend’s games but it feels like it was months ago as so much has happened this week. It’s weird watching MOTD and Brendan is still in charge of us, but the worst part of this is I’m having to watch all these jabroni teams who don’t have Jurgen Klopp as manager. Imagine following a team that doesn’t have Jurgen Klopp as manager? It must be miserable as shit. I’d pity the fools if they weren’t all bad “let’s sing about Steven Gerrard” type knobheads.*

* Crystal Palace being the one exception to that rule, but they have their own Mr Charismatic in charge and therefore don’t need any sympathy from anyone.

Anyway, the big story of the weekend before Brendan got the bullet was Chelsea’s continuing woes. Them losing 3-1 at home to Southampton was just fucking hilarious, but Mourinho’s interview afterwards took it a stage further. I’ll get to that in a sec, but first the game itself.

Chelsea took the lead with another flukey free-kick from that turd Willian. Four games in a row he’s scored from free-kicks, and two of them were meant to be crosses. That gave them the perfect start but they didn’t build on it and Southampton hit three goals without reply to pile the pressure onto a clearly rattled Mourinho.

While all the talk is about how suddenly shit Chelsea have become, let’s give some praise to Southampton, who were fucking ace. Sadio Mane has really stepped it up this year, he’s a real handful and has added end product to the nuisance value he brings. Loves a dive though doesn’t he? That might be why he was denied a clear pen in this one, if refs have been watching MOTD they’ll have his card marked. Pelle took his goal brilliantly and they could easily have had more than three as they blitzed Chelsea with quick counter attacks.

Matic was brought on at half time and was subbed soon after. I’m not sure that’s as big a deal and some are making it out to be. I know generally you don’t “sub a sub” as it’s deemed insulting to the player, but was this not just a case of sacrificing a holding midfielder for a striker when you’re 3-1 down? Not that I’m arsed, I hope there is more to it and that Matic downs tools like his mate Ivanovic who has almost overnight turned into possibly the worst player in the Premier League. He’s fucking horrific and it’s becoming a weekly highlight tuning into MOTD to see him getting savaged by the pundits. It’s almost like he’s deliberately being shit. Maybe he misses Eva? Hell, maybe they all miss Eva?

This is only a teaser, to read the rest of the article click here

Please note that the PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

I realised the next day it was Barnett and not Bassong as his name was mentioned on the radio. He got sent off or gave a pen away or something at the weekend playing for whatever lower league side he's at now.

Bassong defo did something though, he's in my bad books but I can't remember exactly why.