You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ticket Prices Champs League

Truered

"I still think, however, it would be difficult to justify discounted prices for the Champions League."

Insert your own string of profanities here...

Stating the obvious, but I can never believe that they don't deem it worth attracting a full house with lower prices, thus selling more merchandise / progs / refreshments and nurturing fans for the future. Such a short-sighted approach IMO.

Convinced it will bite them on the arse come the new stadium, and more immediately if the last group game is meaningless. If they can't change the pricing structure now, well they've made their bed...

"I still think, however, it would be difficult to justify discounted prices for the Champions League."

Insert your own string of profanities here...

Stating the obvious, but I can never believe that they don't deem it worth attracting a full house with lower prices, thus selling more merchandise / progs / refreshments and nurturing fans for the future. Such a short-sighted approach IMO.

Convinced it will bite them on the arse come the new stadium, and more immediately if the last group game is meaningless. If they can't change the pricing structure now, well they've made their bed...

The new stadium should be full for every league game because there are so many people on the ST waiting list who will finally get tickets.

However, as Rich F points out, the Cup games could be played in a half-empty ground unless the club starts to use its common sense.

Guest Heskeys heart?

I just cant stand Rick Parry! He is a patronising, jumped up prick who needs to address the fact that the average fan on the street is not as in awe of this glossed up champs league and are not prepared to carry on being ripped off! However having said that, what date are the next lot os tickets on sale?

No it isn't.

Why would they base their ticket policy on hypothetical knockout games, which the 'new' team would have been considered unlikely to reach, to the detriment of gates at THREE guaranteed group games?

I'm no financier, but that doesn't add up to me. I think their philosophy can be best summed up by one word: Greed.

The club will lose about £100k on not reducing ticket prices. That is £100k from 3 games. That will be inconsequential to the club. But should the club get through then they will be able to pocket upto an extra million or two depending on how far we were to go in the comp. They will weigh up the pros and cons and will not be losing sleep over a £100k.

That's true Paul, which is why we're arguing whether they should have set the price lower to guarantee full houses in the group, or higher to 'gamble' on full houses in the latter stages.

Tim - Having done a couple of crude calculations, you're right that it makes financial sense (in terms of gate receipts) to set the prices high (there's a neglible difference between 33,000 at £30 and a full house - which would still not be guaranteed - at £25. Lowering them to £20 would lose money).

However, I still don't accept that they're banking on us reaching the KO games, because that didn't look very likely before the competition. I think it's more a case of 'those that will come will come regardless, so let's screw them for every penny'.

As I said earlier, those gate receipts also have to be offset against the future financial benefits of nurturing a new generation of fans, as well as the additional revenues from merchandise etc. on a match day.

Somebody made that point elsewhere that going the match is a habit, hence the new stadium will fill up as people get re-accustomed to going. Well surely that works both ways. Watching it on TV or in the pub with your mates might become a habit for present match-goers rather than paying £30 to sit next to someone with a pair of binoculars and a Liverworld bag shouting 'oo are yer?'.

Rich my point is that the club, however unlikely it is, will look to be in the knock-out stages when it comes to something like ticket price, especially if they have to keep the same ticket prices all the way through the competition. I think the club would rather risk losing that £100k than potentially miss out on a million or two. If the club don't make it to the knock-out stages £100k isn't going to worry them.

Rich my point is that the club, however unlikely it is, will look to be in the knock-out stages when it comes to something like ticket price, especially if they have to keep the same ticket prices all the way through the competition. I think the club would rather risk losing that £100k than potentially miss out on a million or two. If the club don't make it to the knock-out stages £100k isn't going to worry them.

Surely the club could charge £25 for the group stage and then £30 for the knockouts (although I know they can't change them now). It would have made sense to me. Having said all this, I understand what parry is saying about he'd find it hard to justify discounting CL - if we'll pay this money for playing Palace and West Brom, surely we should pay it for Monaco, Depor and Olympiacos.

I'd be surprised if Depor didn't sell out. They're surely the toughest of our three opponents and the Spanish angle will be hyped to fuck in the press.

Can anyone please confirm the arrangements for buying tickets? I had foolishly written off any chance of getting one for Monaco (indeed, I'm sure I'd read that it was sold out). Am I likely to be able to get a ticket for the Depor match? What's this fan card? Do I need one? Do I need stubs from previous games?

Like others have said, I just assume I won't be able to get tickets now. I can't use the credit card line during working hours or get to the TO. I only go when: a) my mate can't use his ST; b) my mate who lives in Amsterdam (!!!) gets tickets through the ISC there and comes over; or c) it's a mid-week cup game. That adds up to about 10 games a season until I get my ST in the new gaff.

I'd just assumed that as it was the CL, I'd have no hope. So, Depor tickets - what are my chances?

A mate of mine works at Anfield at he said there is gonna be a meeting tomorrow (Monday) to discuss the selling arrangements for future CL homes games. The club realised they made a mistake in how they sold the tickets for the Monaco (nothing to do with how much they cost).

A mate of mine works at Anfield at he said there is gonna be a meeting tomorrow (Monday) to discuss the selling arrangements for future CL homes games. The club realised they made a mistake in how they sold the tickets for the Monaco (nothing to do with how much they cost).

First timer here guys so be gentle with me :biggrin:

Think the real problem here lies with the shambolic allocation of the tickets in the first place and not the cost.

I'm a ST holder but coz I did not a attend the AK Graz game I had to wait until the fans with ST's that attended that game and then the fans with fan cards who had attended that game too had been given first refusal. That left me with just 6 days (incl the weekend) for the ticket office to receive my postal application, process it and post me my ticket. Needless to say I didn't get a ticket only an apologietic letter from the club admitting that due to the extremely high number of postal applications received once the tickets became available to the general public ie fans that had not attended the AK Graz game there was not enough time to distribute the tickets.

I've no problem with the loyalty policy being adopted by the club. I actually agree that fans who attend the 'smaller' cup games should have first refusal on tickets for the 'bigger' matches but give us a little more time to apply and receive our tickets once they become available to the general public.

Another reason for the poor turnout for the Monaco game could be coz the club encouraged low priced father & son tickets for the AK Graz game. Good idea but I think they forgot that the AK Graz game was played in the school holidays when kids would be allowed to stay up a late to watch the match. The Monaco game was played after the kids had gone back to school and therefore these fans with first refusal probably didn't take up the offer for this reason.

Combine the two issues together and hey presto empty seats and lost revenue for the club. Crazy.

We have never changed, (sorry i'm ranting, i'm pissed) one of my favourite LFC games was against Auxure and only 21,000 turned out that night and i was well pleased for showing up bit like i was well glad the other night going against Monaco. This will always happen with LFC, we are not a PLC club and the fans that go (even though loyal and all over the world) will have to watch the pennies ,that is another reason why i love this club, we are not prawn butty gits or russian run club tossers (i.e. trendy to go and watch)