You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

There HAS to be an election, surely?  There's no mandate and no consensus, the executive has no support and has utterly failed to deliver any acceptable way forward.  We effectively have a hung parliament.  The only clear way forward is to take it to the ballot box, if not a vote on Brexit, then a vote on who should take the wheel.

The damage the fucking tories have done to this country in the past 9 years has been nothing short of spectacular. I'd happily push each and every one of them - and their retarded supporters - into a fucking big bin and lash the whole thing in the North Sea.

This is a complete and utter fucking embarrassment.

• Upvote 5

Patrick McLoughlin, the former Tory chief whip, asks John Bercow if his “no repeat votes” ruling means these matters cannot be put to a vote again.

Bercow says that is not the case. He says this is a different process. The business motion made it clear it would be a two-step process.

McLoughlin tries to intervene again, but Bercow won’t let him. MPs jeer very loudly. It feels as if Bercow is losing control of the house, but eventually he restores control, and says he won’t be intimidated by McLoughlin

Don't want to stay, don't want to go, don't want May's deal and don't want to crash out with no deal. Does this sum up the state of play?

Well, I guess when the high court and supreme court both said that the referendum was advisory, the MPs should have stepped back and had a think of what to do before they went and collectively shit the bed. And now continue to shit the bed.

What a bunch of cunts.

10 minutes ago, Manny said:

The damage the fucking tories have done to this country in the past 9 years has been nothing short of spectacular. I'd happily push each and every one of them - and their retarded supporters - into a fucking big bin and lash the whole thing in the North Sea.

This is a complete and utter fucking embarrassment.

Aye.

The problem is if there is another election they'll win again by default as Labour have been so fucking clueless for the same period.

• Upvote 2

They have a 60% share on a 75% turnout round here.  Best that could happen is a campaign that puts the shits up him for not representing the wishes of his constituents, as he's done nothing to reflect the remain wishes of the area.

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Aye.

The problem is if there is another election they'll win again by default as Labour are so fucking clueless and have been for pretty much the same period.

Perhaps. I've got my own problems with Labour at the moment, but at the end of the day it's speculation whether they'd be shit in government or not whereas the failure of the cunts in charge is real and documented, ranging from cruel to incompetent and everything in between.

At the moment I'd take a sock puppet full of dogshit ahead of them: I genuinely can't understand how anyone thinks an unknown entity could be any worse than this. They're the worst government in post-war history, surely?

16 minutes ago, Manny said:

Perhaps. I've got my own problems with Labour at the moment, but at the end of the day it's speculation whether they'd be shit in government or not whereas the failure of the cunts in charge is real and documented, ranging from cruel to incompetent and everything in between.

At the moment I'd take a sock puppet full of dogshit ahead of them: I genuinely can't understand how anyone thinks an unknown entity could be any worse than this. They're the worst government in post-war history, surely?

Of course they can't do any worse. The issue is they are completely unelectable. I've been a Labour supporter all my life and they have been an embarassment.

I think I'm done with politics. They are all a bunch of useless lying cunts. What's another General Election going to do?

Only solution is another referendum.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Pidge said:

There HAS to be an election, surely?  There's no mandate and no consensus, the executive has no support and has utterly failed to deliver any acceptable way forward.  We effectively have a hung parliament.  The only clear way forward is to take it to the ballot box, if not a vote on Brexit, then a vote on who should take the wheel.

I don't see how May can go to the country for an election when she's already pledged to step down. She's a lame duck.

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Of course they can't do any worse. The issue is they are completely unelectable. I've been a Labour supporter all my life and they have been an embarassment.

I think I'm done with politics. They are all a bunch of useless lying cunts.

8deC.gif

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I don't see how May can go to the country for an election when she's already pledged to step down. She's a lame duck.

Yeah, she’s have to set the election for after they selected a new leader. 

Fucking hell. This is some crazy shit, huh. I think this must go back to the people. It’s a joke right now. 8+MV and all of them rejected. Government that can’t govern. Opposition that’s popular as a bag of shit. Good job, David Cameron. Good job. 

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

The Customs Union vote was very close and the DUP abstained. That indicates that is the way forward after May's deal fails.

The second referendum option got more votes though. Whatever option the government moves forward with needs to go to a public vote.

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Just her, the house, the opposition and the country right now in the lame duck stakes.  Something has to change.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

The second referendum option got more votes though. Whatever option the government moves forward with needs to go to a public vote.

And it had more against.

But yes, I agree a second vote is gaining momentum. I just cant see it happening with May at the helm.