You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

11 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Tory attitude? Because I think we generally have it pretty good in this country and I don't buy into this narrative of universal hardship? Madness.

The tory attitude of fuck them, they made their decision, let them rot. Not really an attitude one associates with the British liberals, certainly not before youse dropped yer kex for Cameron in 2010.

Countries willingly joined the Euro and agreed to the set of rules which they hoped would make it work. People who have a far better grasp of macroeconomics than I have can debate whether or not the rules are the right ones, whether they go far enough, whether they have been enforced properly, etc.

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/7050/economics/eu-fiscal-rules/

There may be a strong argument for all Eurozone countries to agree new rules. There is no real argument for one country's Government to take unilateral actions that could have detrimental effects on the economies of the Eurozone generally.

21 hours ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

The tory attitude of fuck them, they made their decision, let them rot. Not really an attitude one associates with the British liberals, certainly not before youse dropped yer kex for Cameron in 2010.

Nobody really wants to live in a society where it's every man for himself, they only think they do until the shit hits the fan and they can get away without the support of the state because they're so well connected.

By rights when the South got flooded a few years back and they were all out crying the blues for the army to go and dole out sandbags, I should have moaned about it because they were a drain on my tax dollars even though I'd had the brains to live on high ground and they didn't. 

But I didn't, because I'm not a cunt.

• Upvote 4

On 10/22/2018 at 10:01 PM, Strontium Dog said:

Compassion for people who removed my right to live and work in 27 countries? Yeah, they can go fuck themselves, and when they've finished doing that, they can fuck themselves some more.

Why does  the old saying one man's loss is another 27 mans gain spring to mind.

On 10/21/2018 at 8:37 PM, Captain Howdy said:

The only credible reason for any new referendum is to vote on the terms of the exit, the Conservative party chose to ask the people if they wanted stay in the EU or to leave, they decided to leave, Brexiteers would have every right to cry outrage if the question were to be asked again. I’m a remainer but I accept the fact that we’re leaving.

Spot on.

Ps don't tell stronts and the other truth deniers that a conservative/liberal govt had been in government in the decade or so leading up to the referendum. 

They still think they're above all that.

55 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Spot on.

Ps don't tell stronts and the other truth deniers that a conservative/liberal govt had been in government in the decade or so leading up to the referendum. 

They still think they're above all that.

6 years before the Referendum. 

The rest of the decade prior to the Referendum was under New Labour. 

When you're being snarky about "truth-deniers" it's best to get your facts right, otherwise you'll look less than sensible.

The result was bad enough,  i am old enough to remember the pre Common Market and the wonderful membership of EFTA. (Not)

But to compound this self harming result the tories send into the negotiations useless people more akin to ' The Three Stooges' than clever men, none of them were in the same league as Barnier and frankly they could'nt negotiate their way out of a paper bag. 

So i would like to see some sort of vote be it in parliament or the referendum on the deal, we cant trust these Tories to deliver anything decent for this nation. 

Alternatively force a GE get Labour elected and send in a new team with maybe a brain to negotiate a new deal with the Customs Union included.

8 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Normalised and encouraged? WTF are you on about?

You're selectively blind if you haven't picked up on the fact the vote has lifted stone on racist cunts . Fucking off foreigners is getting their country back to millions of tree swingers.

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:19 PM, Section_31 said:

Nobody really wants to live in a society where it's every man for himself, they only think they do until the shit hits the fan and they can get away without the support of the state because they're so well connected.

By rights when the South got flooded a few years back and they were all out crying the blues for the army to go and dole out sandbags, I should have moaned about it because they were a drain on my tax dollars even though I'd had the brains to live on high ground and they didn't.  

But I didn't, because I'm not a cunt.

But you are now, because...?

And yeah, two things about rural communities.  A lot of the working class housing is built on flood plains and many areas generally rely on a few key transport routes which, if cut off, leave people pretty stranded.

But, yeah, there is no poverty in the South, there are no working class in the south, we're all rabid tories because I once looked at a voting map. Blah blah blah.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

But you are now, because...?

And yeah, two things about rural communities.  A lot of the working class housing is built on flood plains and many areas generally rely on a few key transport routes which, if cut off, leave people pretty stranded.

But, yeah, there is no poverty in the South, there are no working class in the south, we're all rabid tories because I once looked at a voting map. Blah blah blah.

I didn't say they were, I was talking about the fact i don't live there in areas prone to flooding, and so if we take I'm alright jack to its logical conclusion, I shouldn't have to part fund military operations to save them from acts of god, nor should I have to subsidise senokot prescriptions for people who live in Glasgow for that matter. 

You Tory twat.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

You're selectively blind if you haven't picked up on the fact the vote has lifted stone on racist cunts . Fucking off foreigners is getting their country back to millions of tree swingers.

Racist attacks never happened before Brexit?

I grew up in the 80’s when there were NF stickers all over the bus. It’s a lot better now.

To suggest that some twat who punches a woman in the face does it because he feels empowered by a democratic referendum is complete and utter shite.

Simply because immigration is now a topic for legitimate discussion does not make the result or the fact that there was a vote any less justified. Using actions such as these as a weapon to attack the leave voters in my opinion makes a mockery of the justifiable calls for a new vote.

Its like a new class system. Those superb erudite cultured remain supports against racist troglodyte Brexit supporters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Anny Road said:

Normalised and encouraged? WTF are you on about?

I'm not sure if I can make it any clearer.

People have been attacked by racists literally saying "We won; fuck off out of my country ".

The former Foreign Secretary is making a pitch to become Prime Minister by ramping up the racism, because he knows that plays well these days.

Thousands of racists take to the streets - assaulting the Police, assaulting left-wingers and assaulting people from immigrant communities - because they have been emboldened and encouraged since they "took our country back".

The Leave campaign featured overtly racist messages, even after the murder of Jo Cox by a racist terrorist. 

Not all Brexit supporters are racist  (obviously) but all racists supported Brexit.  Their increasing prominence in the last couple of years is due to them getting a boost from "getting their country back".

This, like the economic damage coming to us, was always going to be part of the price of leaving. 

• Upvote 6

In this instance even if what you say is true I would not say it is rascist. Xenophobic certainly.

Can you be racist against white Europeans?

I would agree that the ‘claim back our country’ mob have been empowered but I would argue that this has as much to do with the disenfranchised section of society finally having an outlet. However wrong and unpalatable that may be.

12 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

In this instance even if what you say is true I would not say it is rascist. Xenophobic certainly.

I would agree that the ‘claim back our country’ mob have been empowered but I would argue that this has as much to do with the disenfranchised section of society finally having an outlet. However wrong and unpalatable that may be.

Your earlier quote pointed out that progress had been made on dealing with bigotry since the 70s/80s. Which is true, but you cannot claim this as a basis for why it can no longer exist, for the very reason that most of those who have had to tone it down, have not fundamentally changed their bigoted views, they just had to hide them whilst public pressure was against them. Now they feel empowered to act in the opens again.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

Your earlier quote pointed out that progress had been made on dealing with bigotry since the 70s/80s. Which is true, but you cannot claim this as a basis for why it can no longer exist, for the very reason that most of those who have had to tone it down, have not fundamentally changed their bigoted views, they just had to hide them whilst public pressure was against them. Now they feel empowered to act in the opens again.

Bigoted yes. Ignorant yes. Xenophobic yes. Racist no.

Has the vote seen an increase in 'send the Blacks home' 'Pakis out'. Imo no it hasn't.

What it has done has allowed those, who see free movement of people as a direct threat, express that view.

Does that mean it is normalised and encouraged? Does it fuck.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Xenophobic/ Racist is playing semantics and it is indisputable that attacks have increased since the vote ; claiming its part of a new class war is bollocks. I am not suggesting you approve but doubling down on your decision to support Leave is life blood to the significant minority that think it's justified and what they voted for.  

29 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Was that Not Jewish and Roma. Not nationalities.

No

Untermensch (German pronunciation: [ˈʔʊntɐˌmɛnʃ], underman, sub-man, subhuman; plural: Untermenschen) is a term that became infamous when the Nazis used it to describe non-Aryan "inferior people" often referred to as "the masses from the East", that is Jews, Roma, and Slavs – mainly ethnic Poles, Serbs, and later also Russians.