You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Would love us to sign Shaqiri too, but not really a striker. In fact, there's a worrying shortage of quality strikers around at the moment. Falcao is the obvious one but if he doesn't stay in Monaco, he's set to be Real's response to Suarez' transfer. Cavani wouldn't be too bad, doesn't have Suarez' genius but same winning mentality and quality off the ball movement. Only joined Paris last year though. Pretty much the same thing for Higuain. Benzema does have his moments and will probably be available, but like most here, I think he's overrated. Maybe Bony, but not sure whether he'll fit in, tends to slow down play too much considering our quick counter-attacking style.

Personally, I would go Hulk. Used to be an out-and-out striker with a very good goalscoring record. I know he came in for a bit of criticism after the world cup's opening game, but I think he's bounced back to his usual dangerous self since. And, he's looked excellent every single time in the champions league. Mandzukic would probably be the other fairly realistic signing given Bayern's signing of Lewandowski. Good solid striker even though underwhelming compared to Suarez, but we better get used to that idea.

That said, I reckon it's gonna be Balotelli. Gonna be brilliant for three months and gonna stink the place out for the rest of the season as he's always done. People say he's fucked up just like Suarez, but in truth it's a completely different  type of fucked up. Balotelli doesn't look bothered half of the time, unlike Suarez who I've never seen disinterested even when pissed off. And, btw, if it's Huntelaar I'm gonna shoot myself...

Falcao, and maybe Higuain aside, I really wouldn't want any of them. Crazy. All this money and no fucker to splurge it on.

I'd have Balotelli in a heartbeat.

I'd hazard a guess and say 'public image' has just become a new tick box in our transfer committee's list of things that are considered when who we go for a player. Balotelli historically, has had some of them 'public image' issues.

Quickly scanning..

Reus? is he attainable?

Higuain? don't really want him personally.

Arda Turan? Not exactly a striker.

Isco? Again, not a striker.

Balotelli? Fuck that.

Greizmann? Apparently 30m euro buy out.

Lucas Moura? Would cost a fair bit and again, don't see the point of him + Markovich

Carlos Vela? Failed before in the PL. Injury prone?

G. Rossi?

Tevez? Never happening. Too old, too.

Falcao? In my wet dreams.

Not looking amazing.

Jackson Martinez tweeted Gracias Liverpool

Hmmm?

Sound like bullshit, fake account.

------

reason to thank my friends liverpool. video they did for me. 
I have not received a transfer offer from Liverpool
Edited by Phoenix

I'm not sure we need another central striker. Sturridge has that sewn up. And when he needs a rest or is injured, we have a very capable back up to come in, Rickie Lambert. With all the quality and pace around Lambert, his own shortcomings (chiefly a lack of pace) won't matter. 

If we sign Origi and loan him back to France for vital experience (and in order to do the deal) then he could come in next season and usurp Lambert as the back up, as well as put real pressure on Sturridge and provide an option alongside Sturridge in the front three. 

Lambert

Lallana

Can

Markovic

Origi

Lovren 

Moreno (or equivalent)

Yedlin (could be a very interesting punt for not too much money)

That's 8 new players. It's plenty. We would have strength in depth all over the park. For me it's about getting the right balance. Add another world class player to the front three and we may be tipping the balance away from giving players their chance. 

Who was the top striker in South America last season?

Why don't we buy the next Falcao or Aguero before they become Falcao or Aguero and cost 50m.

I know I said we need guaranteed goals now but the list of who is actually out there is pretty grim.

What about the lad who plays up top with Sanchez for Chile? He looked decent didn't he?

Help. The realisation of losing Suarez is beginning to sink in.

Who was the top striker in South America last season?

Why don't we buy the next Falcao or Aguero before they become Falcao or Aguero and cost 50m.

I know I said we need guaranteed goals now but the list of who is actually out there is pretty grim.

What about the lad who plays up top with Sanchez for Chile? He looked decent didn't he?

Help. The realisation of losing Suarez is beginning to sink in.

Ahteltico have already bought him havent they? Correa was the next name

PS - if we needed to add another striker we can come back to the market in January. We will still have money left to do that, even if we brought in all the players above and sold Suarez. There's a sense in which we might be doing too much all at once, and that might hinder us. 

Titi's right he was irreplaceable, how many players would play for us the morning after their fathers death? The man is everything a foreign player at this club should aspire to be, same with Hyypia and Kuyt. Not saying he was the greatest player, but he was all in for Liverpool 100% and that has to be admired. Legend.

• Upvote 1

Titi's right he was irreplaceable, how many players would play for us the morning after their fathers death? The man is everything a foreign player at this club should aspire to be, same with Hyypia and Kuyt. Not saying he was the greatest player, but he was all in for Liverpool 100% and that has to be admired. Legend.

For the 60 minutes he'd play before he got carted off knackered.

Firminho? We should look at him.

Very good suggestion imo. Firmino is going to be top class, no doubt about it. He's not really a striker but remarkable goalscoring record for an attacking midfielder. Got shitloads of assists too last season. Goals and assists both in double figures I believe. He's brilliant to watch too, coutinho-like feet.