You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Messi straight swap should surely have been the initial bargaining position. OK then, how about a go on the whole squads Mums. Fuck this 75 Million bollocks. We're getting raped here.

I at least want a little tickle on a Nolan sisters neck.

Just had a squiz at some ranking of forward from last season in Europe based on goals and creativity.

Suarez was top.

Followed by Zlatan, Ronaldo, Messi then Sanchez.

Aguero was 6th, Costa 7th, Sturridge was 11th.

Sanchez really would have been the best player going around if we could have got him.   

Other maybe get-ables high up the list would be:

Mandzukic (8th),

Rossi (12th but always injured)

Adrian Ramos from Hertha Berlin (15 - never heard of him)

Pedro (19)

Griezmann (20)

It is pretty slim pickings.

Just had a squiz at some ranking of forward from last season in Europe based on goals and creativity.

Suarez was top.

Followed by Zlatan, Ronaldo, Messi then Sanchez.

Aguero was 6th, Costa 7th, Sturridge was 11th.

Sanchez really would have been the best player going around if we could have got him.

Other maybe get-ables high up the list would be:

Mandzukic (8th),

Rossi (12th but always injured)

Adrian Ramos from Hertha Berlin (15 - never heard of him)

Pedro (19)

Griezmann (20)

It is pretty slim pickings.

This is why having a brilliant player is worth whatever you pay him. Its why barca will pay Suarez's release clause despite another bite and at his age virtually no sell on fee. I don't know if Suarez would have made a list like that before we bought him, but our scouts need to earn their money in the coming weeks. We need to replace the irreplaceable. But we have done before, so hopefully we can again.

This is why having a brilliant player is worth whatever you pay him. Its why barca will pay Suarez's release clause despite another bite and at his age virtually no sell on fee. I don't know if Suarez would have made a list like that before we bought him, but our scouts need to earn their money in the coming weeks. We need to replace the irreplaceable. But we have done before, so hopefully we can again.

Suarez scored 49 goals the season before we bought him, so he would have been up there I would have thought!

That's the thing, there seem to be very few forwards around in their early twenties already at a good level and ready to step up to a bigger club and the Champions League.

Rafa taking Lucas to Napoli apparently on loan, thank fuck for that.

Emre Can tho - during his 1st week at te club he donated 50k to Alder Hey hospital, scored an overhead goal in 1st training, took Carra's number and sent Lucas to Italy. What a fucking guy, think I'll buy the shirt with his name. What a guy..

• Upvote 4

The difference is Barry that Barca exists to win, that is why they will pay Suarez release clause. Liverpool does not exist to win any more....

To be fair, with Suarez I genuinely think we could have won everything and he STILL would have wanted to go to Real or Barca. United had the exact same problem with Ronaldo.

Emre Can tho - during his 1st week at te club he donated 50k to Alder Hey hospital, scored an overhead goal in 1st training, took Carra's number and sent Lucas to Italy. What a fucking guy, think I'll buy the shirt with his name. What a guy..

Really? Some people would be negative cunts and call it a cheap publicity stunt him donating that money but fuck it, I'm sure the hospital isn't complaining so great credit to him.

he unfollowed LFC on twitter too so it's definitely happening, heard they have quite comfortable benches in Italy, he'll enjoy it, and then will be back after a year when Napoli part ways with Rafa and they bin him

Lucas is definitely better than that Behrami so I'd imagine he might get a few games.

I don't agree with a loan though if this is true, that is taking the piss.

The pink boots in training though...

I know it's just me, but I was hoping Lucas would stay (if indeed he is off). He seems to hold the Latin/Hispanic contingency together and I was hoping he'd return to his pre-Chelsea injury self. Well, I hope our midfield is sorted now so that we can focus on more defensive players.

The Suarez 'replacement' will come in time.

• Upvote 1

he unfollowed LFC on twitter too so it's definitely happening, heard they have quite comfortable benches in Italy, he'll enjoy it, and then will be back after a year when Napoli part ways with Rafa and they bin him

Easy, guy. He's been a great servant to us. No need to put the boot in with quite such ferocity.

• Upvote 1

Really? Some people would be negative cunts and call it a cheap publicity stunt him donating that money but !@#$%^&* it, I'm sure the hospital isn't complaining so great credit to him.

Incredible gesture if true. Has already written himself in the history books. I like him already. Now look on the bright side, stop wailing about Surarez.

I think muslims make a charitable donation as part of the observation of Ramandan. Maybe this was his.