You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

2 hours ago, Code said:

A load of absolute bollocks being written in the last few posts here.

Salah did not have a poor game at all.

He almost scored with an absolute superb finish from a volley where both feet were off the ground, no other player on the pitch would come close.

He set up Endo for a goal with a great assist, the VAR said it was offside, I dont agree at all, Lindeløfs foot was far closer to goal than Salah.

He scored the goal to give us the lead just before the break.

I understand the idea to take him off because he was supposed to not play 90 minutes against Sparta Praha, but like almost every other time when we take Salah off, it gives the opposition a boost and we lose our one true creative player, the one who is most likely to score or set up a goal. 

If Salah had played the full game, we would be up against Coventry in the semis now. 

All that does is prove how much we should have taken them to the cleaners if Salah was even 25% competent with the ball. Yes all the above happened but he wasted so many other possible opportunities. He was shite. You know it, I know it, he definitely knew it.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I’m beginning to get the impression Code likes Mo Salah. I could be wrong like.

I have the habit of liking our good players. 

I actually like all our players at the moment.

I heard Mido on talksport earlier and he said there's a deal in place with Salah for the summer for 150million (Pounds or dollars or what I don't know) and Sala will earn 80-100million a year.

28 minutes ago, Welsh said:

I heard Mido on talksport earlier and he said there's a deal in place with Salah for the summer for 150million (Pounds or dollars or what I don't know) and Sala will earn 80-100million a year.

He has been throwing this around for a few months now. 

For me; I dont think Mo leaves unless we want him to go. He and his family look and appear happy here. 

If we dont want him then he goes but I think he stays  unless we cash in. 

We may see it as a good time to do that with Klopp leaving or we may give him a new contract to help out whomever comes in. 

Out of Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold (can’t be arsed with grown men calling strangers by their first name) and Salah, I think Edwards & Hughes will be open to selling one of them. 

The attack is reliant on him, again. That may or may not be something they fancy addressing and this summer may or may not be the time they want to do it - if so, it’s definitely risky. 

I’d personally prefer to offer all 3 of them deals, move Matip and Thiago on, review offers for Kelleher, then offer the new manager a budget for a couple of key additions to start his rebuild off - it doesn’t need the overhaul it may have once appeared to.  

2 hours ago, Welsh said:

Mido?

What's he up to these days?

27 minutes ago, Bourbon said:

Out of Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold (can’t be arsed with grown men calling strangers by their first name) and Salah, I think Edwards & Hughes will be open to selling one of them. 

The attack is reliant on him, again. That may or may not be something they fancy addressing and this summer may or may not be the time they want to do it - if so, it’s definitely risky. 

I’d personally prefer to offer all 3 of them deals, move Matip and Thiago on, review offers for Kelleher, then offer the new manager a budget for a couple of key additions to start his rebuild off - it doesn’t need the overhaul it may have once appeared to.  

Crack on typing 15 letters and using the hyphen from the symbol keyboard. I'll just use Trent. There are limits though, I won't use TAA.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Crack on typing 15 letters and using the hyphen from the symbol keyboard. I'll just use Trent. There are limits though, I won't use TAA.

Just a little joke, mate. 

Hope you’re ok xx 

42 minutes ago, Bourbon said:

Just a little joke, mate. 

Hope you’re ok xx 

All good mate. If the Saudis offered stupid money for Mo you'd have to take it for numerous reasons I feel. Virgil is captain and organiser so the new manager would definitely need him to begin with. Trent is a local lad and generational talent who you would look to build the side around.

1 hour ago, Bourbon said:

Is Thiago not his first name?

4 hours ago, Bourbon said:

He's Trent because it's many less characters.

I'm not convinced he wants to stay. I would think he's the most likely of the 3 to go, closely followed by Mo. 

15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's Trent because it's many less characters.

I'm not convinced he wants to stay. I would think he's the most likely of the 3 to go, closely followed by Mo. 

I think he fancies a contract elsewhere but doesn’t want to be see to be asking to go, in case it burns his bridges with the crowd. 

2 hours ago, Smell The Glove said:

All good mate. If the Saudis offered stupid money for Mo you'd have to take it for numerous reasons I feel. Virgil is captain and organiser so the new manager would definitely need him to begin with. Trent is a local lad and generational talent who you would look to build the side around.

You’d suspect Edwards would want to give Hughes a bigger budget than usual for his first spend, just to cover the odd dud. 

1 minute ago, Bourbon said:

I think he fancies a contract elsewhere but doesn’t want to be see to be asking to go, in case it burns his bridges with the crowd. 

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is. But I just sense if he wanted to stay, I don't think there's anyway when wouldn't have sorted that last summer. So he either wants Mo level wages or he wants to do one. Maybe it's just my natural pessimism. 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what it is. But I just sense if he wanted to stay, I don't think there's anyway when wouldn't have sorted that last summer. So he either wants Mo level wages or he wants to do one. Maybe it's just my natural pessimism. 

Wouldn't shock me if Real Madrid have already been talking with him telling him to sit still and they'll come in late with a low ball offer as he only has 12 months left, same as they are doing with Davis at Bayern

• Upvote 1