You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

40 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've seen some Islamic fundamentalist bellends on Twitter saying that his injury is a punishment for allowing his name to be shortened to Mo and for celebrating Christmas.

He should just tell them that he prayed hard and made a miraculous recovery.

Unlike Twitter to have such bat shit opinions. Are you sure you read it correctly? I’ve always found it very insightful as it seems to attract the highly intelligent.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Unlike Twitter to have such bat shit opinions. Are you sure you read it correctly? I’ve always found it very insightful as it seems to attract the highly intelligent.

Twitter and religion is quite the cocktail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Who knows, he could be back for arsenal. I don't think we'd be so brass necked as to play him Wednesday even if he was fit. 

I doubt he'd make Arsenal.

The most 'official' diagnosis of his hamstring injury I saw said that he would miss three to four weeks from when he did it on January 18.

I'd say at best the Burnley game on 10th but probably Brentford on 17th more likely.

30 minutes ago, an tha said:

I doubt he'd make Arsenal.

The most 'official' diagnosis of his hamstring injury I saw said that he would miss three to four weeks from when he did it on January 18.

I'd say at best the Burnley game on 10th but probably Brentford on 17th more likely.

well that was the 2nd lot of diagnosis that came out after we'd announced he was coming home and egypt went apeshit - which I can't help think was to calm the outrage. But the first announcement that he was out for 2 games, which have now passed. he'd be such a great option off the bench for sunday. 

We’re doing fine without him, so we’re in a great position where he doesn’t need to be rushed back.

It’s human nature that when a brilliant, dominant player like Mo has a rare absence, others step out of his shadow a little. In particular, Nunez and Jota are absolutely sensational at the moment.

Just now, El Rojo said:

We’re doing fine without him, so we’re in a great position where he doesn’t need to be rushed back.

It’s human nature that when a brilliant, dominant player like Mo has a rare absence, others step out of his shadow a little. In particular, Nunez and Jota are absolutely sensational at the moment.

yeah, but i think it can be a massive mental advantage when you have someone like him sitting on the bench. the other lads are doing well, the results are speaking for themselves. but this match on sunday is fucking massive. get 3 points tonight and sunday we can put arsenal out of the title race and leave ourselves for a final fight under klopp with city. 

5 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Whisper the words 'Nunez' and 'Sensational' around here.

• Haha 1

Will be great to have him back, but aside from yesterday we haven’t missed him terribly.

Don’t ever recall him having a muscle strain, so let’s not rush him back into a relapse. 

We should have a ridiculously strong bench from now on which will give us an edge in tight games.

• 2 weeks later...